200 companies named for not paying staff minimum wage

Started by papasmurf, June 22, 2023, 07:00:22 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 22, 2023, 02:19:18 PM
Nick it is up to date and as per usual you will do anything to divert from the subject of a thread. Which in this case is just over 200 scabby British employers not paying the minimum wage.
It is not up to date, I've shown you that already but you never accept you're wrong. 
You we're the one that brought France into it so don't accuse me of being off topic. 
And just to prove you're wrong I'll post it again. Do you see the bit that says it was increased on 1st of May, that's after 1st Jan in your link, so yes, you're not up to date. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 22, 2023, 01:49:54 PM
Your link is out of date and in French, another attempt to weasel your way out.
Nick it is up to date and as per usual you will do anything to divert from the subject of a thread. Which in this case is just over 200 scabby British employers not paying the minimum wage.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 22, 2023, 01:39:16 PM
So what. https://votresalaire.fr/salaire/salaireminimum

T
he welfare system in France tops any shortfall up plus a lot of benefits not available in Britain.
Your link is out of date and in French, another attempt to weasel your way out. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 22, 2023, 01:29:53 PM
Let me correct that, you don't even know what country we're in.
We were talking about the French system old man, and you trying to move the goalposts again doesn't wash.
So again, you are wrong about the French minimum wage and it isn't a monthly minimum, it's an hourly figure same as the U.K.
So what. https://votresalaire.fr/salaire/salaireminimum

T
he welfare system in France tops any shortfall up plus a lot of benefits not available in Britain.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 22, 2023, 01:22:32 PM
FFS sake Nick I know exactly what it is, it is you who know eff all about anything.

The NLW and NMW rates effective from 1 April 2023 are shown below.

NMW rate
Annual increase (£)
Annual increase (per cent)

National Living Wage (23+)
£10.420.929.7
[th]21-22 Year Old Rate[/th]

£10.181.0010.9
[th]18-20 Year Old Rate[/th]

£7.490.669.7
[th]16-17 Year Old Rate[/th]

£5.280.479.7
[th]Apprentice Rate[/th]

£5.280.479.7
[th]Accommodation Offset[/th]

£9.100.404.6

Let me correct that, you don't even know what country we're in. 
We were talking about the French system old man, and you trying to move the goalposts again doesn't wash. 
So again, you are wrong about the French minimum wage and it isn't a monthly minimum, it's an hourly figure same as the U.K.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 22, 2023, 01:03:31 PM
Firstly, you're way out of touch, you don't even know what the minimum wage is. 
FFS sake Nick I know exactly what it is, it is you who know eff all about anything.

The NLW and NMW rates effective from 1 April 2023 are shown below.

[th]NMW rate[/th]
[th]Annual increase (£)[/th]
[th]Annual increase (per cent)[/th]

[th]National Living Wage (23+)[/th]
£10.420.929.7
[th]21-22 Year Old Rate[/th]
£10.181.0010.9
[th]18-20 Year Old Rate[/th]
£7.490.669.7
[th]16-17 Year Old Rate[/th]
£5.280.479.7
[th]Apprentice Rate[/th]
£5.280.479.7
[th]Accommodation Offset[/th]
£9.100.404.6

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 22, 2023, 12:50:48 PM
Nick, in Britain because it is an hourly minimum rate, not a monthly one millions of British workers would be glad to have the French monthly minimum. There are currently 8.45 million part time workers in Britain:-

CBP-9366.pdf (parliament.uk)
Firstly, you're way out of touch, you don't even know what the minimum wage is. Secondly it's not a monthly wage, it's a calculation based on the minimum hourly rate, so you can run off and hide cause you won't admit you're wrong. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 22, 2023, 12:41:13 PM
It is different, the U.K. average is 37.5hrs per week so the rate is higher and we work more hours, which means more money. The logic is undeniable.
Nick, in Britain because it is an hourly minimum rate, not a monthly one millions of British workers would be glad to have the French monthly minimum. There are currently 8.45 million part time workers in Britain:-

CBP-9366.pdf (parliament.uk)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 22, 2023, 12:13:57 PM
Nick, I realise it is difficult for you to comprehend but a monthly minimum is vastly different to an hourly one. Plus other parts of the French welfare system, make a big difference.
It is different, the U.K. average is 37.5hrs per week so the rate is higher and we work more hours, which means more money. The logic is undeniable. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 22, 2023, 11:02:24 AM
It's still 50p an hour less than U.K. based on 35 hrs.
The truth is, what ever evil you see in the U.K. it's the same world over. France constantly has strikes for a reason.
Nick, I realise it is difficult for you to comprehend but a monthly minimum is vastly different to an hourly one. Plus other parts of the French welfare system, make a big difference.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 22, 2023, 10:22:08 AM
France is a 35 hour week. Also I am merely point out that Britain only has a minimum hourly rate, NOT a monthly one, that is a big difference.
It's still 50p an hour less than U.K. based on 35 hrs. 
The truth is, what ever evil you see in the U.K. it's the same world over. France constantly has strikes for a reason. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 22, 2023, 10:22:08 AM
France is a 35 hour week. Also I am merely point out that Britain only has a minimum hourly rate, NOT a monthly one, that is a big difference.
Well yes it is a big difference but then again if companies in the UK had to commit to employing someone for a month or a week for that matter they wouldn't employ anyone if they only had a few hours work . For me a days pay is a fair commitment .

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 22, 2023, 09:42:34 AM
Which is about £1.40 an hour lower than the U.K., so what's your point?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 22, 2023, 08:58:43 AM
It should be weekly. (In France the minimum wage is a monthly figure.  €1,709.28 per month.
Which is about £1.40 an hour lower than the U.K., so what's your point?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 22, 2023, 08:54:38 AM
 For me minimum wage should be a daily rate rather than an hourly one . 
It should be weekly. (In France the minimum wage is a monthly figure.  €1,709.28 per month.