200 companies named for not paying staff minimum wage

Started by papasmurf, June 22, 2023, 07:00:22 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 03, 2023, 12:12:34 PM
Nobody said they were exclusively for the poor and disabled but guess what, the poor and disabled are less likely to drive themselves miles to out of town shopping.

But hey ho you'll keep NMW pricing people out of work, shops and services won't you. 
The NMW is NOT anywhere near enough to live on.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2023, 11:14:14 AM
Genuine error? They would say that wouldn't they. Since when were high street stores exclusively for the poor and disabled?  (Given the difficultly of access for disabled to high street shop in many cases they are not able to use them.)
Nobody said they were exclusively for the poor and disabled but guess what, the poor and disabled are less likely to drive themselves miles to out of town shopping. 

But hey ho you'll keep NMW pricing people out of work, shops and services won't you.  

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2023, 11:09:52 AM
This website says France works 35hrs average, it also says the UK works 32hrs. and £648 X 52 / 12 / 32 X 35 and then the exchange rate calculated comes to 3574.46 EUR, which is more than 3321. If you want to argue your own link feel free.
No it does not, it says they work 31.7 hours average, do keep digging

https://tradingeconomics.com/france/average-weekly-hours

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2023, 11:12:14 AM
People should know what the minimum wage is, if they don't and work for less then that's there look out.
Nick it is for businesses to know about and to pay at least the minimum wage. There are far too many rogue employers in Britain and far too little enforcement.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 03, 2023, 11:08:26 AM
Well I'll comment. 

All of the underpayments seem to have been highly technical and very much convergent with the High St businesses that are struggling to survive there.  WH Smith (at the top of the list) said ''it had misinterpreted how the statutory wage regulations were applied to its uniform policy for staff working in its stores. "This was a genuine error and it was rectified immediately with all colleagues reimbursed in 2019,"  and promptly went on to say it was no longer opening any new High St stores.

Governments love to take credit for NMW increases that actually come at the expense of jobs and now availability of High St stores that are essential services for the poor and disabled.  We need to think again.
Genuine error? They would say that wouldn't they. Since when were high street stores exclusively for the poor and disabled?  (Given the difficultly of access for disabled to high street shop in many cases they are not able to use them.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2023, 10:11:07 AMIt is a disgrace that 200 businesses have been caught out not paying the minimum wage.
People should know what the minimum wage is, if they don't and work for less then that's there look out.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 03, 2023, 10:46:54 AM
Which part of France wages have gone up since 2021 is not getting through your skull? 

https://tradingeconomics.com/france/wage-growth

France Monthly Wage Growth QoQ

This website says France works 35hrs average, it also says the UK works 32hrs. and £648 X 52 / 12 / 32 X 35 and then the exchange rate calculated comes to 3574.46 EUR, which is more than 3321. If you want to argue your own link feel free.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2023, 10:11:07 AM
Nick is their ANY chance on you commenting on the subject of the thread header. It is a disgrace that 200 businesses have been caught out not paying the minimum wage.
Well I'll comment. 

All of the underpayments seem to have been highly technical and very much convergent with the High St businesses that are struggling to survive there.   WH Smith (at the top of the list) said ''it had misinterpreted how the statutory wage regulations were applied to its uniform policy for staff working in its stores. "This was a genuine error and it was rectified immediately with all colleagues reimbursed in 2019,"   and promptly went on to say it was no longer opening any new High St stores.

Governments love to take credit for NMW increases that actually come at the expense of jobs and now availability of High St stores that are essential services for the poor and disabled.  We need to think again.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2023, 09:55:03 AM
Since 2021 there has been a portion of Covid and a war waging in Europe, that fact you think this insignificant and won't have affected wages staggers me.
But it's clear you are not going to find any 2023 data so it's pointless.
Which part of France wages have gone up since 2021 is not getting through your skull?  

https://tradingeconomics.com/france/wage-growth

France Monthly Wage Growth QoQ

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2023, 09:55:03 AM
Since 2021 there has been a portion of Covid and a war waging in Europe, that fact you think this insignificant and won't have affected wages staggers me.
Nick is their ANY chance on you commenting on the subject of the thread header. It is a disgrace that 200 businesses have been caught out not paying the minimum wage.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 03, 2023, 09:16:32 AM
I have given you the 2021 salary (that was higher) and the positive wage inflation since.  Maybe you find the maths too difficult to realise that France wages are higher and your boast was crap.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2023, 06:00:47 AM
You have not shown 2023 salary in France, you're turning into Smurf now. If you have you can just quote your post.
I have given you the 2021 salary (that was higher) and the positive wage inflation since.  Maybe you find the maths too difficult to realise that France wages are higher and your boast was crap.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 02, 2023, 05:23:09 PM
I did

Dec 2021 higher wages than ours in March 2023.  France wage growth in 12 months to 2023 1.9%

You really going to claim that French wages fell something like 10% between Dec 2021 and Mar 2022?
You have not shown 2023 salary in France, you're turning into Smurf now. If you have you can just quote your post.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on July 02, 2023, 01:56:52 PM
Until you come up with some 2023 figures for France, discussing it is futile.
I did

Dec 2021 higher wages than ours in March 2023.   France wage growth in 12 months to 2023 1.9%

You really going to claim that French wages fell something like 10% between Dec 2021 and Mar 2022?