Russia on a knife edge.

Started by Nick, June 24, 2023, 11:23:12 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on June 25, 2023, 04:08:59 PM
Had a sudden influx of Russian spiders from Yandex recently. Not sure what they think they're going to find lol 

Maybe some information thats a bit different from the force fed news they get at home 

Nick

Had a sudden influx of Russian spiders from Yandex recently. Not sure what they think they're going to find lol   

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 24, 2023, 06:58:44 PM
Its over

Five minutes ago the bbc news page which linking to is pointless as the stories scroll said the Wagner group had turned back

The Reuters app headline news at 18:30 was a story thet the group were half way to moscow, that the chechyn leader was keen to kill the wagner forces and the byelarus president was having a cosy chat with him

14 minutes later the app was saying the same but clicking on it brought up a new page timed 18:44 saying they had turned back.

I imagine a body will ve dumped in a lime pit in a few hours.
What ever happens, it's left Putin looking like a cock, a weak one at that. 

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on June 24, 2023, 08:00:44 PM
We really need Deppity Dawg at a time like this. Still, at least I have my armchair and can give the forum benefit of my non existent military experience.

The Wagner Group is supposed to consist of 25,000 men, which is not many if Prigozhin is thinking of storming a city the size of Moscow
Unfortunately DD decided to leave and someone deleted his account so he can't be reinstated ATM. 

Borchester

We really need Deppity Dawg at a time like this. Still, at least I have my armchair and can give the forum benefit of my non existent military experience.

The Wagner Group is supposed to consist of 25,000 men, which is not many if Prigozhin is thinking of storming a city the size of Moscow
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Its over

Five minutes ago the bbc news page which linking to is pointless as the stories scroll said the Wagner group had turned back

The Reuters app headline news at 18:30 was a story thet the group were half way to moscow, that the chechyn leader was keen to kill the wagner forces and the byelarus president was having a cosy chat with him

14 minutes later the app was saying the same but clicking on it brought up a new page timed 18:44 saying they had turned back.

I imagine a body will ve dumped in a lime pit in a few hours.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Sounds like Wagner will be in Moscow by Sunday . Moscovite rich list heading for Turkey ,Putin  left the city . 

Dangerous times 

patman post

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 24, 2023, 04:20:15 PM
Putin funds the Wagner group and at the sharp end of what they do it's mercenaries who will obey the $ and ammunition supplier not the Wagner chain of command.  So I can't see this 'rebellion' lasting.

But since Wagner are about the only 'Russian' forces that have been able to win territory this could seriously decrease Russia's effective fighting force in Ukraine.
Do we know who is paying who and whether they're actually getting paid?

Are the Russian troops loyal to Putin — or could Putin and Wagner be playing a game either to give Prigozhin full control of the army, or give Putin an excuse to stop the war in Ukraine?

Whatever's happening, Putin's troops in Ukraine appear to be non-plussed with their main command centre over the border in Russia overrun by Wagner...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Putin funds the Wagner group and at the sharp end of what they do it's mercenaries who will obey the $ and ammunition supplier not the Wagner chain of command.  So I can't see this 'rebellion' lasting.

But since Wagner are about the only 'Russian' forces that have been able to win territory this could seriously decrease Russia's effective fighting force in Ukraine.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 24, 2023, 11:44:21 AM
Lets hope this is the begining of the end of the war in Ukraine . Dont think anyone really gives a toss about Russian internal problems apart from who has the codes for the nukes .
The fact that Wagner are talking about marching on Moscow shows the lack of military Russia must have, Putin must be thinking his time is coming to an end. 

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 24, 2023, 11:44:21 AM
Lets hope this is the begining of the end of the war in Ukraine . Dont think anyone really gives a toss about Russian internal problems apart from who has the codes for the nukes .
The problem is that some Russian internal problems impact the rest of the world

But I guess many people (especially those of say 75 and upwards) have lived through and been unaware of the troubles caused in the outside world by most of the regimes from Stalin onward trying to impress their internal plotting factions...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Nick

It's all going Pete Tong for ole Vlad, his loyal Wagner are now marching on Moscow. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-66006142