No to Rwanda

Started by Streetwalker, June 29, 2023, 12:02:45 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on June 30, 2023, 11:10:58 PM
A UK version should not include rights for citizens who are not UK citizens. If foreign citizens want rights, they should stay in their own country and fight for them.
So on a quid pro quo basis that would be a free rein for other nations to persecute Brits abroad then wouldn't it and of course to persecute foreigners here.   And on top of that becoming a pariah state that no one would have free trade deals with leading us on the fast track to third world economics.

Good plan not

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 30, 2023, 08:27:44 PM
Didn't the HOL kick  the UK bill of rights this week ?  Sort of went under the radar while they were arguing the toss over not sending illegal migrants to Africa

So much goes under the radar.  To be honest, I have no idea what statute law operates in my own country.  That's how they like it.  Keep us confused as F@@@.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 30, 2023, 04:39:49 PM
What actually would you change about the ECnHR for our version?

A UK version should not include rights for citizens who are not UK citizens. If foreign citizens want rights, they should stay in their own country and fight for them.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2023, 04:02:20 PM
You want the UK to run away again from another body it has been involved in setting up and developing?

I guess that figures for a nation that's diminished itself to the stage it's no longer able to effectively exert its former influence on the world stage...

I want the CITIZENS of the UK to escape from the body which arse-hole politicians set up in a foreign country.  What's the problem?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 30, 2023, 08:31:56 PM
I think the idea is that we would have had rules and regulations that suited the UK and its people not Europe in general or piss takers from further afield
So you can't name one line of the ECnHR that you'd change.  Almost seems like your perception of Churchill's legacy the ECnHR and the ECtHR comes from the Daily Ukip doesn't it

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 30, 2023, 04:39:49 PM
I think the idea is that we would have had rules and regulations that suited the UK and its people not Europe in general or piss takers from further afield 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on June 30, 2023, 02:29:25 PM
About time we left the ECHR and had our own human rights legislation.
Didn't the HOL kick  the UK bill of rights this week ?  Sort of went under the radar while they were arguing the toss over not sending illegal migrants to Africa 

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2023, 04:02:20 PM
I guess that figures for a nation that's diminished itself to the stage it's no longer able to effectively exert its former influence on the world stage...
That's just a throw away comment that you can't back up. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

patman post

You want the UK to run away again from another body it has been involved in setting up and developing?

I guess that figures for a nation that's diminished itself to the stage it's no longer able to effectively exert its former influence on the world stage...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 30, 2023, 05:29:49 AM
Problem was the judge was given enough wiggle room through our membership of the ECHR to make a decision based on HIS own political view on the matter .

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2023, 10:41:31 AM
The UK used to be listened to when it proposed actions that would alleviate some of the world's problems  — eg, in 1941, when Great Britain was host to Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the Union of South Africa and of the exiled governments of Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Greece, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Yugoslavia and of General de Gaulle of France, met at St. James' Palace and signed the declaration that helped (along with Atlantic Charter) to establish the UN.
Then we joined the EEC  . Brussels was into exploiting  poorer countries not helping them 
Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2023, 10:41:31 AM

Also, more recently, Gordon Brown played a pivotal role in overcoming the 2010 banking crisis.
He should have been in prison  for massaging the interest rates in 2008 libor scandal .  I heard on the grapevine that he is not in the clear and even now he may have his collar felt ;) in the future . 
Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2023, 10:12:56 AM
Reads like you believe the Mail's past allegations that the UK's judges are "ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE". In November 2016, when the Mail stated this, it also added references to the sexuality of one of the judges.

Personally, I believe the UK's judicial system has plenty of checks and balances — this particular case has been through the High Court, the Court of Appeal and possibly, in the future, the Supreme Court.

Someone is likely to be disappointed whenever a judicial decision is handed down...
I don't think they are enemies of the people ,they are enemies of the elected government . Well they would be if we had an elected government that is .......Im going down the pub . 

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 29, 2023, 04:44:08 PM
Trouble is Posty is your suggestion can't happen without all of the western world agreeing to it and chipping in . On the contrary they (countries supplying refugees) have had to deal with protectionist trade blocs ,the plundering of their own recources and illegal wars . We reap what we sow I suppose .

But yes investing in the countries from where the refugees comes from seems the simple answer , a simpler one would have been to have left Saddam and the Colonel in place
The UK used to be listened to when it proposed actions that would alleviate some of the world's problems  — eg, in 1941, when Great Britain was host to Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the Union of South Africa and of the exiled governments of Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Greece, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Yugoslavia and of General de Gaulle of France, met at St. James' Palace and signed the declaration that helped (along with Atlantic Charter) to establish the UN.

Also, more recently, Gordon Brown played a pivotal role in overcoming the 2010 banking crisis.

Admittedly, whatever action is taken does need to be under constant review — the outcomes of the West's historical and recent involvements in the Middle East are far from ideal and sensible — Saddam and the Colonel were originally backed by (puppets of?) the West...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 30, 2023, 05:29:49 AM
Problem was the judge was given enough wiggle room through our membership of the ECHR to make a decision based on HIS own political view on the matter .
Reads like you believe the Mail's past allegations that the UK's judges are "ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE". In November 2016, when the Mail stated this, it also added references to the sexuality of one of the judges.

Personally, I believe the UK's judicial system has plenty of checks and balances — this particular case has been through the High Court, the Court of Appeal and possibly, in the future, the Supreme Court.

Someone is likely to be disappointed whenever a judicial decision is handed down...

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on June 29, 2023, 09:59:52 PM
Sunak, just like Boris, is a globalist, so he has no intention of reducing immigration.  I can't see what the problem is with taking boats back to France, or if France refuse them, leave them in French waters.  The problem is between the French and the immigrants.