No to Rwanda

Started by Streetwalker, June 29, 2023, 12:02:45 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

@@@@@@ ADMIN NOTICE @@@@@

Your post has been unproved, and will continue to be until you providing links.

You constantly saying you have and not showing is not good enough. You think someone wants to search 13K posts of yours.

Either change your MO or change forum.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2023, 12:48:15 PM
You can't find any? Frankly your Googling skills are lacking. I am astounded someone who is allegedly as well travelled as you does not realise a lot of the World hates Britain's guts, nearly as many who hate the USA.
I wasn't googling! I was looking for the links that you say you've already posted. Another LIE !!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2023, 11:30:30 AM
I can't find any, you can link then again.
You can't find any? Frankly your Googling skills are lacking. I am astounded someone who is allegedly as well travelled as you does not realise a lot of the World hates Britain's guts, nearly as many who hate the USA.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2023, 11:16:55 AM
I have in the past, you never bother to read them.
I can't find any, you can link then again.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2023, 10:51:41 AM
So post one of the surveys.
I have in the past, you never bother to read them.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2023, 10:09:22 AM
Nick the data is against you. Your personal experience counts for nothing. Britain is hated nearly as much as the USA. There are loads of surveys to back that up. One day your personal experience will bite you on the backside.
So post one of the surveys.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2023, 09:01:13 AM
My experience is a million times more than yours, who has been nowhere.
Nick the data is against you. Your personal experience counts for nothing. Britain is hated nearly as much as the USA. There are loads of surveys to back that up. One day your personal experience will bite you on the backside.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2023, 08:46:28 AM
They were being polite. Or selling you something. I would also point out yet again personal experience does extrapolate to the reality.
My experience is a million times more than yours, who has been nowhere.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2023, 05:54:22 AM
 I haven't been to a single country that doesn't like the Brits,
They were being polite. Or selling you something. I would also point out yet again personal experience does extrapolate to the reality.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 02, 2023, 02:22:52 PM
But the UK is a country of 67 million people. Australia has a population of 26 million (less than California) and NZ has 5 million — yet they still regularly beat UK teams at their own games.

Darts? I doubt it manages more than 2m TV viewers (probably UK only) — though it probably beats cheese rolling, marbles and tiddlywinks for followers.

Golf's leading players regularly come from USA, and only a couple from Scotland, where the game originated...
You made a statement basically calling the UK fit to burn, when challenged with hard evidence, you come up with all kinds of excuses as to why it is not legitimate.
Excluding France, I haven't been to a single country that doesn't like the Brits, and that includes India and Uganda where we did some pretty bad things. We are in the top 7% of most liked countries in the world, have many trade deals and are about to join CPTPP, where's your evidence contrary to this?

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 02, 2023, 02:22:52 PM
But the UK is a country of 67 million people. Australia has a population of 26 million (less than California) and NZ has 5 million — yet they still regularly beat UK teams at their own games.

Darts? I doubt it manages more than 2m TV viewers (probably UK only) — though it probably beats cheese rolling, marbles and tiddlywinks for followers.

Golf's leading players regularly come from USA, and only a couple from Scotland, where the game originated...
Your a bit mixed up there Posty . You give performance related stats on population then say golfs leading players come from the USA . 336.000.000  people would actually say they are pretty bad at it compared to the UK 

The point is we gave major sport to the world and it wouldn't be much fun if we didn't let them win at it now and again would it? ;)

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 02, 2023, 12:38:37 PM
Football.    European Champions
Rugby.      Beat NZ in semi of RWC and got to final.
Cricket.      T20 WC holders. Cricket WC holders
Rounders.  Not interested
Baseball.    Not interested
Golf.          Rory Mac ranked 3rd in world.
Darts.        Won world title 19 times since 1994. Taylor won 14 of them.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 02, 2023, 12:26:06 PM
And which of those is any UK nation taking really seriously and excelling in...?
Football.    European Champions
Rugby.      Beat NZ in semi of RWC and got to final.
Cricket.      T20 WC holders. Cricket WC holders
Rounders.  Not interested
Baseball.    Not interested
Golf.          Rory Mac ranked 3rd in world.
Darts.        Won world title 19 times since 1994. Taylor won 14 of them. 

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 01, 2023, 10:08:03 PM
Soccer
Rugby
Cricket
Rounders
Baseball
Golf
Darts
Curling
Volley ball
Badmington
Tennis
Table tennis
Netball
Squash
Bowls +loads of other minor sports , feck me if it wasn't for the UK the highlight of the sporting calender would be the world flip flop throwing championship
And which of those is any UK nation taking really seriously and excelling in...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 01, 2023, 08:27:41 PM
Seeing as you brought history into the chat, I'll give you 2 starters.
Jet Engine and WWW, 2 of the most important inventions in history. Followed by:

• Postage stamp
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Magazine
  • Steam engine
  • Refrigerator
  • Gas turbine
  • Alternating current
  • Light bulb
  • Vaccination
  • Locomotive
  • Railway
  • Lawnmower
  • Gas stove/cooker
  • Negative & colour photography
  • Synthetic dye
  • Metro/Subway
  • Antiseptic surgery
  • Antibiotics (first broad-range)
  • Radio
  • Loudspeaker
  • Video Game

Anything you see of importance? Our importance is based a lot on the above, and the fact that the most spoken L2 language is English, the world could not now operate as a global entity without English. So yeah, we're pretty important.
Anything there from the 21st century (which we're nearly a quarter through, by the way)?

Trying to base today's standing on past historical achievements — many/most of which have been taken and exploited by others — is no better than concentrating solely on selling the UK as an Elizabethan Disneyland to Chinese and US tourists, and ignoring today's world...