No to Rwanda

Started by Streetwalker, June 29, 2023, 12:02:45 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 06, 2023, 12:24:51 PM

Nobody goes to the North of Rwanda, there is hardly any infrastructure up there.
That for some people would be a reason to go there.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 06, 2023, 11:33:25 AM
Two are from the Judiciary with explanations as to why they came to that decision. The third link was not. I could have posted numerous other links. I suggest you look at how small Rwanda is compared with its neighbour DR Congo which is effectively close to a war zone.
DRC has always been a war zone, even when I was in Entebbe, which is close to Rwanda and DRC. Thousands of tourists go to Rwanda every year, going trekking to see the Gorillas.
Nobody goes to the North of Rwanda, there is hardly any infrastructure up there.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 06, 2023, 11:10:03 AM
Your links are from the judiciary, why would they say anything differently from the ruling?

As for the genocide, it was 30 years ago. In other news Mugabe has died!
Two are from the Judiciary with explanations as to why they came to that decision. The third link was not. I could have posted numerous other links. I suggest you look at how small Rwanda is compared with its neighbour DR Congo which is effectively close to a war zone.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 06, 2023, 08:45:54 AM
Quite easily, unlike the Tory Government, we have not swallowed the Rwandan government propaganda.
Did you bother to read the links I posted?
Your links are from the judiciary, why would they say anything differently from the ruling?

As for the genocide, it was 30 years ago. In other news Mugabe has died!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on July 06, 2023, 08:16:05 AM
I am puzzled as to why 'others' are so certain Rwanda is not a safe country. 
Quite easily, unlike the Tory Government, we have not swallowed the Rwandan government propaganda.
Did you bother to read the links I posted?

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on July 06, 2023, 07:53:18 AM
I am puzzled as to why the Tory Government is so certain Rwanda is a safe country when others do not.

Court of Appeal finds Rwanda plan unlawful as Rwanda is not a safe third country - Free Movement

AA-v-SSHD judgment (judiciary.uk)

I am a survivor of the Rwandan genocide – it's not a safe country for refugees (politicshome.com)

I am puzzled as to why 'others' are so certain Rwanda is not a safe country.  From what I can see, the complaint is that 'refugees' MIGHT be returned to their country of origin.  Well, in the UK, you MIGHT get mugged, raped or stabbed.  And that's just by the police.  🥴
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

Thereby proving my point 

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on July 05, 2023, 07:16:29 PM
Do Not Feed The Troll.

That's no way to talk about UnluckySpam.  😁
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Scott777

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on July 04, 2023, 03:22:06 PM
"No ECHR" cannot be simplified in terms of "no rules for us", unless you are trying to teach the law to a chimp.  I can't help it if you don't know what human rights are, what common law is, or know the difference.
DNFTT

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on July 03, 2023, 09:46:58 PM
You said you wanted no ECnHR obligations on us for foreigners but expected them to observe same obligations for Brits.

I suppose I should apologise that expressing this in simple terms of 'no rules for us' would confuse someone like you.

"No ECHR" cannot be simplified in terms of "no rules for us", unless you are trying to teach the law to a chimp.  I can't help it if you don't know what human rights are, what common law is, or know the difference.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on July 03, 2023, 09:28:48 PM
No, I never said "no rules for us".  You're just struggling with the English language.  Is it a second language for you?  As I explained, any man or woman on the land must abide by Common Law.  That does not change just because of legislation.
You said you wanted no ECnHR obligations on us for foreigners but expected them to observe same obligations for Brits.

I suppose I should apologise that expressing this in simple terms of 'no rules for us' would confuse someone like you.