Removal of protesters

Started by Streetwalker, July 02, 2023, 06:22:18 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 09, 2023, 02:55:59 PM

No. As Pappy says, under the Tories Britain is a thousand times worse than China !

Don't be ridiculous. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2023, 02:47:18 PM
Britain is NOT China. However obstructing the highway has been an offence older than Magna Carta. It need no new laws or regulations, it needs police to stop messing about.

No. As Pappy says, under the Tories Britain is a thousand times worse than China !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UctriMuXYS0

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 09, 2023, 02:47:18 PM
Britain is NOT China. However obstructing the highway has been an offence older than Magna Carta. It need no new laws or regulations, it needs police to stop messing about.
Do you actually understand what I said, the answer is no. But thanks for telling me Britain isn't China, I never knew that. 🤦‍♂️
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 09, 2023, 02:32:33 PM
Exactly . The UK produces 00.something of the worlds carbon emmisions and even if we all went back to living as in the stone age it would still be 00.something . I think these extinction /stop oil lot are all mad as a box of frogs but the least they can do is target those who are creating the problems they are imagining

Actually, if we went back to living in the stone age, carbon emissions would be a lot more. Open fires are a very inefficient way to cook anything.

That said, I can't see what all the fuss is about. I am not in a rush to go anywhere so don't care who glues himself to the M4. And protests at Lords? Christ, what is wrong with a bit of excitement at a cricket match ?

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 09, 2023, 10:35:04 AM
How about they do it in China and see what they get.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on July 09, 2023, 10:35:04 AM
Exactly . The UK produces 00.something of the worlds carbon emmisions and even if we all went back to living as in the stone age it would still be 00.something . I think these extinction /stop oil lot are all mad as a box of frogs but the least they can do is target those who are creating the problems they are imagining 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 08, 2023, 08:28:32 PM
Everyone has the right to protest Quackers .What people don't have the right to do is  protest that effects people going about their day . The protest has got to be relevent
The stop oil people should be outside parliament or the oil companies HQ not at sporting events or on the A2
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on July 08, 2023, 09:01:56 AM
Time someone staged a "Just Stop Protesting" demo.
Everyone has the right to protest Quackers .What people don't have the right to do is  protest that effects people going about their day . The protest has got to be relevent 
The stop oil people should be outside parliament or the oil companies HQ not at sporting events or on the A2 

HDQQ

Time someone staged a "Just Stop Protesting" demo.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

London Pride: Seven arrests as Just Stop Oil protest delays parade - BBC News

So whats so important about the alphabet people  going about their day that doesnt apply to the rest of us ?

If plod can remove these pilchards from the street for them  they can do likewise when we are trying to get to work on Monday morning .