DWP admits: We’re too slow, too inaccurate, costly, and claimants don’t trust us

Started by papasmurf, July 03, 2023, 05:41:16 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 03, 2023, 06:16:58 PM
This is terrible news.

If I was a claimant I would refuse to deal with the DWP. I would simply flounce out and get a job
That is the type of crass comment that adds eff all to debate that appears to be the only type of response you are capable of.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 03, 2023, 05:41:16 PM
Not news to me but for the DWP confessions is good for the soul. Live links at links.

Transforming health assessments for disability benefits - NAO report

DWP admits: We're too slow, too inaccurate, too costly, and claimants don't trust us – Disability News Service

You are here: Home / Benefits and Poverty / DWP admits: We're too slow, too inaccurate, too costly, and claimants don't trust us

DWP admits: We're too slow, too inaccurate, too costly, and claimants don't trust us

By John Pring on 29th June 2023Category: Benefits and Poverty

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has admitted to the public spending watchdog that its system of disability benefits assessments is too slow, too expensive and too inaccurate, and too many claimants do not trust how it makes decisions.
The admissions are contained in a National Audit Office (NAO) report which provides the most detailed analysis yet of "ambitious" DWP plans to simplify the application and assessment system, which currently provides disability benefits to an estimated 3.9 million working-age people.
The report says DWP's billion-pound Health Transformation Programme represents "an opportunity to substantially improve the cost, timeliness, and accuracy" of benefit assessments "while improving the experience for claimants and increasing the trust they have in the system".
The NAO report, Transforming Health Assessments for Disability Benefits, concludes: "While the programme is ambitious and has the potential to make savings and improve the experience of those being assessed, the scale and complexity of the transformation leaves it at high risk of delay, cost overruns, and of not achieving the intended benefits."

This is terrible news.

If I was a claimant I would refuse to deal with the DWP. I would simply flounce out and get a job
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Not news to me but for the DWP confessions is good for the soul. Live links at links.

Transforming health assessments for disability benefits - NAO report

DWP admits: We're too slow, too inaccurate, too costly, and claimants don't trust us – Disability News Service

You are here: Home / Benefits and Poverty / DWP admits: We're too slow, too inaccurate, too costly, and claimants don't trust us

DWP admits: We're too slow, too inaccurate, too costly, and claimants don't trust us

By John Pring on 29th June 2023Category: Benefits and Poverty

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has admitted to the public spending watchdog that its system of disability benefits assessments is too slow, too expensive and too inaccurate, and too many claimants do not trust how it makes decisions.
The admissions are contained in a National Audit Office (NAO) report which provides the most detailed analysis yet of "ambitious" DWP plans to simplify the application and assessment system, which currently provides disability benefits to an estimated 3.9 million working-age people.
The report says DWP's billion-pound Health Transformation Programme represents "an opportunity to substantially improve the cost, timeliness, and accuracy" of benefit assessments "while improving the experience for claimants and increasing the trust they have in the system".
The NAO report, Transforming Health Assessments for Disability Benefits, concludes: "While the programme is ambitious and has the potential to make savings and improve the experience of those being assessed, the scale and complexity of the transformation leaves it at high risk of delay, cost overruns, and of not achieving the intended benefits."

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe