Sod all happening in UK politics again

Started by Borchester, July 07, 2023, 06:23:06 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 08, 2023, 03:07:10 PM
When I want to contact my local authority I dial, put the phone on speaker and sit back and wait. I don't phone my bank. I either use the internet or call at my local branch. Most politics seem to be queanie outrage about rich people getting richer or immigration, neither of which I give a toss about.

The truth is that we live in quiet times
There is no longer a local bank or building society branch anywhere near where I live. Both are 27 miles away.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on July 08, 2023, 08:58:49 AM
While the Tories no longer have any political philosophy and are in a muddle, it's becoming increasingly clear that the rich are getting richer at the expense of the rest of us almost by default.
Everything is getting more difficult or doesn't work properly. It's as though Britain has lost the skill of doing anything competently. Try phoning your bank or local authority!

When I want to contact my local authority I dial, put the phone on speaker and sit back and wait. I don't phone my bank. I either use the internet or call at my local branch. Most politics seem to be queanie outrage about rich people getting richer or immigration, neither of which I give a toss about.

The truth is that we live in quiet times

Algerie Francais !

Scott777

In the sense of party politics, maybe.  But politics has never been so interesting as now.  We have elites trying to run the world, pushing us into net zero, controlling our energy and food supply, creating inflation and reducing the value of our money (so stealing), blocking bank accounts (Nige), pushing us into agreements with the WHO and serving the WEF..... .  We have never been so close to a new world order.  Sounds fun?  😕
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

HDQQ

While the Tories no longer have any political philosophy and are in a muddle, it's becoming increasingly clear that the rich are getting richer at the expense of the rest of us almost by default.
Everything is getting more difficult or doesn't work properly. It's as though Britain has lost the skill of doing anything competently. Try phoning your bank or local authority!

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 07, 2023, 06:23:06 AM

So it looks as though things will be very quiet for quite a while
Not really the excrement has only just started hitting the fan.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

The last poll (Deltapoll) has labour predicted to win nearly twice as many votes as the Tories, which means that Sir Stodge is shit scared of saying anything for fear of upsetting anyone.

And Sunak the Shit appears to have finally twigged that every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it, so he is even less inclined to say anything.

And I don't think that Boris will make any moves towards being remade PM until the government destroys itself in January 2025, so I imagine.

So it looks as though things will be very quiet for quite a while
Algerie Francais !