The parties are urging their supporters to stay loyal. The voters are ignoring them. What next? | Adam Boulton

Started by SKY News, July 24, 2023, 01:00:10 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on July 25, 2023, 09:04:12 AM
He's a Labour mayor, the Labour Party got a kicking due to Kahn's actions. It's a common theme.

And since he has ideas on becoming leader of the Labour party, he is not on Starmer's list of best mates either. About the only advantage Saddo has is that currently all the other mayoral candidates are even drearier bastards than he is.

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on July 24, 2023, 02:11:49 PM
Tory votes 2019: 25,351 52.6% of votes cast Sadiq Kahn not on ballot
Tory votes 2023: 13,965 45.2% of votes cast Sadiq Kahn not on ballot

Conclusion, voters of Uxbridge give man not on the ballot a kick in the nuts.
Fact is Starmer should have romped home in this one and the labour candidate admitted saddo cost labour the seat. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on July 24, 2023, 02:11:49 PM

He's a Labour mayor, the Labour Party got a kicking due to Kahn's actions. It's a common theme. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester on July 24, 2023, 01:57:04 PM
I suppose the voters are less supporters than shoppers.. In two of the recent byelections the voters decided to change their butcher and in the third elected to give Mayor Khan a kick in the nuts. The days when you could secure the left wing vote by dressing up as Andy Capp or sending small boys up the chimney and thus attracting all true blue Tories are as one with the songs of yesteryear

Borchester

Quote from: SKY News  on July 24, 2023, 01:00:10 PM
The parties are urging their supporters to stay loyal. The voters are ignoring them. What next? | Adam Boulton

What now?

Source: The parties are urging their supporters to stay loyal. The voters are ignoring them. What next? | Adam Boulton

I suppose the voters are less supporters than shoppers.. In two of the recent byelections the voters decided to change their butcher and in the third elected to give Mayor Khan a kick in the nuts. The days when you could secure the left wing vote by dressing up as Andy Capp or sending small boys up the chimney and thus attracting all true blue Tories are as one with the songs of yesteryear
Algerie Francais !