Colonisation by British 'luckiest thing' to happen to Australia - John Howard

Started by Borchester, July 26, 2023, 08:15:37 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 05, 2023, 08:32:20 AM
I am NOT a remainer, I only voted remain because I knew the Tories would make a dogs Brexit of it, and they have. I am English, I do not want to be lumped in with the cat stranglers, and the sheep shaggers.
But you choose to live in the land of incest!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 05, 2023, 02:02:55 AM

And Pappy is a remainer so he may be a lump, but he certainly isn't British
:)

I am NOT a remainer, I only voted remain because I knew the Tories would make a dogs Brexit of it, and they have. I am English, I do not want to be lumped in with the cat stranglers, and the sheep shaggers.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 04, 2023, 11:21:05 AM
English people not being liked overseas is easily observed — from the English enclaves of retirees in Cyprus, Portugal and Spain (with their caffs, pubs and baked bean shops), to the holiday destinations on Benidorm, Lanzarote, Magaluf, etc. There, locals used to take the money of the young drunks and clear up the vomit, but they're now discouraging such tourism.

Of the Celts, the Irish especially ingratiate themselves because of the high proportion who learn other languages at school.

And there's been deterioration in the ten years since a DoE report stated: "across skills and languages, England's performance did not compare well with the global average"...

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/219649/DfE-RR278.pdf
So your experience of Brits not being liked hinges on Spain, Portugal and Cyprus!! Spain has been blocking the EU EES for 3 years, I know cause I switch passports every 90 days to avoid the EU 90 day rule. Portugal has also blocked the EES, and installed U.K. only lanes through border control. Haven't been to Cyprus for a few years but I'm fairly sure they are tied up in Greek hating Turk and visa versa. The quote was Brits hated world wide, but it seems the extent of your global knowledge reaches no further than the Red Lion in Benidorm!! I've got news for you, Business Class isn't categorised by getting a free bottle of water.

So again, where is your data showing Brits (English) are hated world wide?
Below is an example of why the Brits are not hated in Spain, same in Portugal.

The screen shot doesn't say it but the title is most loved countries in the world.
That puts us in the top 7%, but you and the azure midget can keep singing if you want.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on August 04, 2023, 03:57:34 PM

Oh God, you haven't been trying to sneak onto those Club Med 18-21 piss ups again have you Pat?

The last time I was in Rhodes the general complaint was that the British don't get as shitfaced as before and thus do less for the local economy
When we're you last in Rhodes — during the Dodecanese Campaign...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2023, 05:45:28 PM
So what? "We" Brits are all lumped in together.
Are we ?  Never had a problem myself whether at work or play we all seem to rub along together 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 04, 2023, 05:22:11 PM
As I alluded  earlier in the thread the titled gentry that ran the British Empire exploited everyone and treated everyone like dirt ,including the Brits
So what? "We" Brits are all lumped in together.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2023, 01:42:07 PM
The British Empire, being exploited, and generally being treated like dirt.
As I alluded  earlier in the thread the titled gentry that ran the British Empire exploited everyone and treated everyone like dirt ,including the Brits

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 04, 2023, 02:53:37 PM
Shouting at foreigners and adding o to the end of every word when ordering more booze can jaundice perceptions of those with union flags on their underwear.

And ignoring my comment about English who've E tired abroad — is kids behaving badly because they can't/don't at home really a valid argument...?

Oh God, you haven't been trying to sneak onto those Club Med 18-21 piss ups again have you Pat?

The last time I was in Rhodes the general complaint was that the British don't get as shitfaced as before and thus do less for the local economy
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 04, 2023, 12:48:20 PM
Your argument is getting weaker by the post Posty . You now cite kids on the piss as reason we are not liked abroard , you dont think 18/30 party holidays are not advertised in Dublin or Glasgow ? . As you say the locals were happy to take the money and encourage drunkeness ,something not so common in the UK and why the kids run riot when abroad .
Its good that such tourism is being discouraged but the kids will just go where the party is ,if its not Spain it will be Greece .

Languages is a fair point though I don't see how that makes foriegners dislike us , if we cant speak to them what are they baseing their dislike on ?
Shouting at foreigners and adding o to the end of every word when ordering more booze can jaundice perceptions of those with union flags on their underwear.

And ignoring my comment about English who've E tired abroad — is kids behaving badly because they can't/don't at home really a valid argument...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 04, 2023, 12:48:20 PMif we cant speak to them what are they baseing their dislike on ?
The British Empire, being exploited, and generally being treated like dirt.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on August 04, 2023, 11:21:05 AM
English people not being liked overseas is easily observed — from the English enclaves of retirees in Cyprus, Portugal and Spain (with their caffs, pubs and baked bean shops), to the holiday destinations on Benidorm, Lanzarote, Magaluf, etc. There, locals used to take the money of the young drunks and clear up the vomit, but they're now discouraging such tourism.

Of the Celts, the Irish especially ingratiate themselves because of the high proportion who learn other languages at school.

And there's been deterioration in the ten years since a DoE report stated: "across skills and languages, England's performance did not compare well with the global average"...

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/219649/DfE-RR278.pdf
Your argument is getting weaker by the post Posty . You now cite kids on the piss as reason we are not liked abroard , you dont think 18/30 party holidays are not advertised in Dublin or Glasgow ? . As you say the locals were happy to take the money and encourage drunkeness ,something not so common in the UK and why the kids run riot when abroad .
Its good that such tourism is being discouraged but the kids will just go where the party is ,if its not Spain it will be Greece .

Languages is a fair point though I don't see how that makes foriegners dislike us , if we cant speak to them what are they baseing their dislike on ?

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 03, 2023, 10:00:59 PM
Trains don't tend to do Business Class, they do First.
I am Platinum with Flying Blue, Also top level with Miles and More. That pretty much covers all airlines and I can tell you they don't upgrade for free unless over booked, they certainly don't respond to negotiation. The fact you won't even name an airline or FF program says you're not telling the real or whole story, especially when you don't fly that much.
I don't really care what you believe — much of what certain posters say on here is probably fantasy anyway — so it's possible that I have the same attitude to much of what you post.

PS — Check out Eurostar. It does Standard, Standard Premier and Business Premier...

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 04, 2023, 06:47:10 AM
Your business trips with the Celts is hardly evidence that English people are not liked overseas , more like evidence that the Irish like talking a lot , but we knew that anyway .

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on August 03, 2023, 06:14:58 PM
It's been years since I couldn't negotiate myself out of tourist class and into business class if I hadn't booked it already. And when on business trips travelling with colleagues, it's the Irish and Scots who naturally lead the charm offensives...
Your business trips with the Celts is hardly evidence that English people are not liked overseas , more like evidence that the Irish like talking a lot , but we knew that anyway .