Can you afford net zero?

Started by papasmurf, August 06, 2023, 11:38:31 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on August 06, 2023, 09:38:21 PM
You had to spoil a well balanced post by saying a heat pump would not be efficient. So tell why?

To be fair, Pappy might have a point.

Herself has just dis coved a tumble dryer that incorporates a heat pump. It costs about £1200 but is said to save £3 a month on the electricity bills, so it should pay for itself by about 2046.

As a general rule, the more complex a device the less efficient it is, so we have decided to forget about the dryer and buy a washing line.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 06, 2023, 09:38:21 PM
You had to spoil a well balanced post by saying a heat pump would not be efficient. So tell why?
Nick because I have researched heat pumps, and got quotes. They are 20% less efficient in winter, and would cost at least £18000 to install in my home. (There has been two recent TV programs explaining the issues in depth and detail.) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0fzltvd/what-they-really-mean-for-you-series-1-2-heat-pumps#xtor=CS8-1000-%5BEditorialPromo_Box%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BPS_IPLAYER~N~p0fzltvd~P_Heatpumps%5D
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 06, 2023, 06:49:00 PM
Discussion on GB News earlier the estimated cost to each household of Net Zero £71000.

Is GB News not Jacob Rees Mogg's platform ? If the Mogg says so then that is me convinced :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 06, 2023, 11:38:31 AM
On  personal level I cannot afford net zero. The cost of an electric car and installing the charging system is frankly impossible for me. (The charging system would be expensive to install as any thing electrical outside is "eaten" by the salt due to my properties proximity to the sea.) That is why the power lines where I live are underground.
To install a heat pump to replace the current system would be £18000 plus, and would not be effective anyway.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 06, 2023, 06:38:14 PM
Well Pappy, at least there is no likelihood of you turning into a little ray of sunshine and adding to the problems caused by Global Warming :)
Discussion on GB News earlier the estimated cost to each household of Net Zero £71000.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 06, 2023, 01:11:04 PM
A lot of people will end up poor and arseless because of net zero plus ULEZ type schemes.

Well Pappy, at least there is no likelihood of you turning into a little ray of sunshine and adding to the problems caused by Global Warming :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Its all a load of horseshit if you ask me but if Gretas disiples want net zero and governments want the taxes that that come with it  thats where we are going .
Not sure I could do a lot more anyway apart from changing the Combi boiler for the heat pump but I would be dead by the time I would see any benefit of that so they can poke it where the sun dont shine on their solar panels .

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 06, 2023, 01:06:51 PM

And if you did, have £50,000, the Tories would just steal it so you are probably better off being poor and arseless.

I don't believe in Climate Change, although if the world is warming up it will be good for the tomatoes
A lot of people will end up poor and arseless because of net zero plus ULEZ type schemes.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 06, 2023, 12:47:56 PM
Well I don't have £50000 plus to go to net zero.

And if you did, have £50,000, the Tories would just steal it so you are probably better off being poor and arseless.

I don't believe in Climate Change, although if the world is warming up it will be good for the tomatoes
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 06, 2023, 12:36:44 PM
Can't see why not.

Net zero is when the amount of carbon dioxide we add is no more than the amount taken away. And the more CO2 .we add to the atmosphere the more plant life we get so matters balance out.

The Climate Change industry is like the holy roller vicar we once had. He would rattle on about how sinful we were and we would sit there all smug and think well, we can still manage it, but the truth was (and is) that we were just decent, respectable folk who never really did anything really controversial
Well I don't have £50000 plus to go to net zero.

Borchester

Can't see why not.

Net zero is when the amount of carbon dioxide we add is no more than the amount taken away. And the more CO.we add to the atmosphere the more plant life we get so matters balance out.

The Climate Change industry is like the holy roller vicar we once had. He would rattle on about how sinful we were and we would sit there all smug and think well, we can still manage it, but the truth was (and is) that we were just decent, respectable folk who never really did anything really controversial
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

On  personal level I cannot afford net zero. The cost of an electric car and installing the charging system is frankly impossible for me. (The charging system would be expensive to install as any thing electrical outside is "eaten" by the salt due to my properties proximity to the sea.) That is why the power lines where I live are underground.
To install a heat pump to replace the current system would be £18000 plus, and would not be effective anyway.