Government denies 'stop the boats' plan is failing after deaths in English Channel

Started by SKY News, August 15, 2023, 01:00:12 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 16, 2023, 11:18:32 AM
While the french watched, waiting for english lifeboats to arrive

see, the french gave the right attitude, let the buggers drown....
But of course their interpretation of international maritime law differs to everyone else: they can only rescue them if they ask for help. So of course they asked for U.K. help. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2023, 03:01:23 PM
Deaths that occurred 4 miles off the French coast whilst they watched.
While the french watched, waiting for english lifeboats to arrive

see, the french gave the right attitude, let the buggers drown....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: SKY News  on August 15, 2023, 01:00:12 AM
Government denies 'stop the boats' plan is failing after deaths in English Channel

The government has defended its immigration strategy after deaths in the English Channel prompted renewed criticism of the "stop the boats" pledge - including from Tory MPs.

Source: Government denies 'stop the boats' plan is failing after deaths in English Channel
Deaths that occurred 4 miles off the French coast whilst they watched. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

SKY News

The government has defended its immigration strategy after deaths in the English Channel prompted renewed criticism of the "stop the boats" pledge - including from Tory MPs.

Source: Government denies 'stop the boats' plan is failing after deaths in English Channel