Why I want Boris back

Started by Borchester, August 15, 2023, 10:03:25 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2023, 12:53:35 PM
The were paid for by contributions. (Not enough though which is why they have to be topped up.) There are 12 million and rising people on the state pension with allegedly most to them voting Tory.
Todays pensioners are paid for by todays taxes, this is fundamental economics. If you don't know this Smurf you need to keep up with current affairs, like you keep telling everyone else to. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

He only got elected in the first place because he had a sense of humour , such is the quality of todays politicians . They all lie, at least Boris gave us a few laughs .

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on August 15, 2023, 02:19:55 PM
You mean like Germany and many other EU countries that are in recession. That's your argument gone there.

Everything is better abroad and if it isn't, it is the fault of the Tories.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 15, 2023, 11:30:30 AM
How come other countries' economies, which are also also dealing with the affects of Covid and Putin are not suffering as badly s the UK?

Bleat all you like about the UK economy currently growing faster than France, Germany, Italy, etc, but you're ignoring the fact that the UK economy sunk lower and faster than its near EU neighbours, and has a way to go to catch up.

Why?

Brexit is the main additional factor that's hampering UK recovery across the board. Even record rising pay isn't making up for years of inflation and is why disatisfaction and strikes — which largely have majority public support — are adding to the UK's woes.

Face it, the UK is probably in for a decade of struggling with comfortable pensioners probably the only large-enough group able to gather a noticeable number of people voicing their content with the current situation in the UK  — and they're mainly accepting govt sound bites rather than experiencing most people's realities bound up in the rising cost of living.

I'm in supposedly strife-ridden France, where the street markets are bustling, supermarkets have full shelves, and the population is enjoying their August. After the current government v the people in the UK, this is bliss no matter what the British Conservative-influenced media choose to report....
You mean like Germany and many other EU countries that are in recession. That's your argument gone there. 
I've just checked and now the Eurozone it's self is in recession, so how is Brexit hitting us if we are doing better than the Eurozone? 

I'm in Mumbai ATM and no amount of hustle and bustle in France comes close to here. The street markets in France don't come close to the activity here, yet it is home to the biggest slum and poverty stricken areas anywhere in the world. Your arguments don't hold water, the U.K. economy has been pulling away from France's for years, and still is. So how is Brexit holding us back again? 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 15, 2023, 01:58:28 PM
Nope, the money the pensioners paid in "contributions" when they were working was spent then.

The money that pays for their pensions today comes out of the tax revenue collected today.

State pensions are just another benefit like unemployment, disability etc.  It's just the qualifications to get it are age and having paid X years of NI contributions.

Note it's X years and not X amount. You get the same state pension regardless of how much NI contribution you paid.  You could pay nothing in NI contributions your entire life and still get the same pension as someone who had paid £12k a year for 35 years.

Algerie Francais !

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2023, 12:53:35 PM
The were paid for by contributions. (Not enough though which is why they have to be topped up.) There are 12 million and rising people on the state pension with allegedly most to them voting Tory.
Nope, the money the pensioners paid in "contributions" when they were working was spent then.

The money that pays for their pensions today comes out of the tax revenue collected today.

State pensions are just another benefit like unemployment, disability etc.  It's just the qualifications to get it are age and having paid X years of NI contributions.

Note it's X years and not X amount. You get the same state pension regardless of how much NI contribution you paid.  You could pay nothing in NI contributions your entire life and still get the same pension as someone who had paid £12k a year for 35 years. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 15, 2023, 01:16:36 PM

And you deserve it Pappy. You have devoted your life to keeping Cornwall poor and keeping the Cornish on the dole. You need a break
:)
Borchester your are yet again repeating lies about me. You have been asked many times to desist. You would not like anyone repeatedly lying about you. Just shut the F@@@ up.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2023, 11:33:47 AM
Quite, I am looking forward to my holiday in Brittany in October to get out of the hell hole that is now the UK for a couple of weeks.

And you deserve it Pappy. You have devoted your life to keeping Cornwall poor and keeping the Cornish on the dole. You need a break
:)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 15, 2023, 12:49:21 PM
nope.

pensioners are benefit recipients paid for out of current government revenue (taxes)

Pensioners claim twice as much as those claiming unemployment, disability, housing and childcare benefits  *combined*

Not that you'd know that to listen to some pensioners rant on about "benefit claimants"

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2023, 12:12:51 PM
Those pensions were contributory.
nope.

pensioners are benefit recipients paid for out of current government revenue (taxes) 

Pensioners claim twice as much as those claiming unemployment, disability, housing and childcare benefits  *combined*

Not that you'd know that to listen to some pensioners rant on about "benefit claimants" 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester on August 15, 2023, 11:22:35 AM

Oh God, I thought Pappy was bad enough with his broadcasts from Planet Zog, but now you have joined him with your assurances that the electorate are a bunch of thickos who really need to be told how to lead their lives by a bunch of museli ridden lefties.

Grow up. The fact you are resorting to Trump/Johnson/playground insults shows you're out of ideas. 

If you can't see that Johnson lied to pretty much every one from the queen to the electorate then you really are a thicko. 

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on August 15, 2023, 12:12:51 PM
The part that's paid out of contributions/taxes has nothing to do with what the current state pension recipient gets — other than as a record to prove they've been paying in for enough years to qualify.

Todays NI contributor pays for todays state pension recipient.

With over probably over 30 years to go before my state pension kicks in, I'm contributing greatly to private schemes and assuming the state pension will be diverted into benefits and welfare for those who've not been so lucky and/or prudent...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 15, 2023, 12:09:09 PM
 those who see out their allotted span will probably end up in a worse mess for all, caused by the state shelling out more on pensions than defence and education combined...

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on August 15, 2023, 11:22:35 AM

Oh God, I thought Pappy was bad enough with his broadcasts from Planet Zog, but now you have joined him with your assurances that the electorate are a bunch of thickos who really need to be told how to lead their lives by a bunch of museli ridden lefties.

Voters needn't be thickos to be conned, anymore than any other group.

For example, triple locked pensioners — they're a bit like turkeys and Christmas. Their comfortable contentment is only assured for as long as this current administration is able to buy their votes. And though they don't yet see it, those who see out their allotted span will probably end up in a worse mess for all, caused by the state shelling out more on pensions than defence and education combined...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 15, 2023, 11:30:30 AM

I'm in supposedly strife-ridden France, where the street markets are bustling, supermarkets have full shelves, and the population is enjoying their August. After the current government v the people in the UK, this is bliss no matter what the British Conservative-influenced media choose to report....
Quite, I am looking forward to my holiday in Brittany in October to get out of the hell hole that is now the UK for a couple of weeks.