Food inflation lates stats, 14.9%

Started by papasmurf, August 16, 2023, 08:51:11 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 16, 2023, 11:16:56 AM
Nick, as per usual ill informed bollocks. You really do not have a clue.
I fitted SKY in the 80's and early 90's. I've been in houses that smell that bad you have to hold your breath, they out entertainment before anything, including food. You clearly have no experience of life or you would know what I say is correct. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 16, 2023, 11:15:36 AM
Bet they all still drink, smoke, have SKY TV and expensive phone contracts though.
Nick, as per usual ill informed bollocks. You really do not have a clue.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 16, 2023, 08:51:11 AM
This is frankly a worry, my wife and I are having to be very selective in what food we buy, far more at link, plus live links at link:-

Cost of living insights - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

According to more detailed analysis from the survey covering the period 8 February to 1 May 2023, 1 in 20 adults (5%) said they had run out of food in the past two weeks and been unable to afford more.
However, this figure was much higher among certain groups of the population. Read our bulletin on the impact of increased cost of living to find out which groups were most at risk of running out of food.
The price of food and non-alcoholic beverages rose by 14.9% in the year to July 2023, according to the latest Consumer Prices Index including owner occupiers' housing costs (CPIH).
Bet they still drink, smoke, have SKY TV and expensive phone contracts though.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

This is frankly a worry, my wife and I are having to be very selective in what food we buy, far more at link, plus live links at link:-

Cost of living insights - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

According to more detailed analysis from the survey covering the period 8 February to 1 May 2023, 1 in 20 adults (5%) said they had run out of food in the past two weeks and been unable to afford more.
However, this figure was much higher among certain groups of the population. Read our bulletin on the impact of increased cost of living to find out which groups were most at risk of running out of food.
The price of food and non-alcoholic beverages rose by 14.9% in the year to July 2023, according to the latest Consumer Prices Index including owner occupiers' housing costs (CPIH).

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe