What has happened to the thunder and lightening ?

Started by Borchester, August 16, 2023, 10:20:31 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 17, 2023, 08:51:19 AM
I do , her indoors likes to water the garden . We have never had a hospipe ban either .
We collect rainwater from the roof and the roof of one of the sheds. (We don't have a hosepipe either, although we have and outside tap with a fitting for one. ) Our water supply is metered and we use as little water as possible.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 16, 2023, 05:04:55 PM
FFS I don't.
I do , her indoors likes to water the garden . We have never had a hospipe ban either .

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 16, 2023, 06:13:15 PM
Same as he doesn't eat Foie Gras, but he'll moan that there is none on the shelves in Tesco.
FFS I comment on what effects others, not me. The production of Foie Gras is banned in Britain anyway. (I am surprised it is allowed to be imported.)

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on August 16, 2023, 10:20:31 AM
Every other weather forecast predicts thunder and lightening and torrential rain. And what do we get ? Sod all. Maybe a thin drizzle if we are lucky.

I don't like rain as such, but once in a while I like to see the heavens open up with the crash of thunder and a reason to hide beneath the table to escape the lightening bolts. But so far this year it has been sad stuff

Maybe because lightning has no E in it. You're obviously looking for the wrong thing.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 16, 2023, 04:58:11 PM
Why would you need a hosepipe when it rains every day ?
Same as he doesn't eat Foie Gras, but he'll moan that there is none on the shelves in Tesco. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 16, 2023, 03:56:07 PM
Still a hosepipe ban where I live despite it persisting down with rain most of this year.
Why would you need a hosepipe when it rains every day ?

papasmurf

Still a hosepipe ban where I live despite it persisting down with rain most of this year. 

Streetwalker

Climate change mate .  They are keeping it under wraps and not mentioning it in the meeja ,someone will spill the beans , something to do with cows farting and beanstalks . 

All sounds like a bit of a pantomime  to me 

Borchester

Every other weather forecast predicts thunder and lightening and torrential rain. And what do we get ? Sod all. Maybe a thin drizzle if we are lucky.

I don't like rain as such, but once in a while I like to see the heavens open up with the crash of thunder and a reason to hide beneath the table to escape the lightening bolts. But so far this year it has been sad stuff
Algerie Francais !