What has happened to the thunder and lightening ?

Started by Borchester, August 16, 2023, 10:20:31 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2023, 04:44:31 PM
Another 12 year old boy retort. Grow up.
It is you who needs grow up and stop making ridiculous trolling statements of opinion with bugger all to back them up.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 18, 2023, 03:28:05 PM
What are you on about? You are the expert bollocks spouter on this forum.
Another 12 year old boy retort. Grow up. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

HDQQ

Quote from: papasmurf on August 18, 2023, 03:28:05 PMWhat are you on about? You are the expert bollocks spouter on this forum.
A great idea for a cartoon!
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

HDQQ

The atmosphere certainly feels 'heavy'** here right now, wouldn't be surprised if we get thunderstorm later.

** Yes, I know the air doesn't really get any heavier weight-wise, but it feels like it does.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2023, 02:56:11 PM
So your post #12 was complete bollocks then!
What are you on about? You are the expert bollocks spouter on this forum.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 18, 2023, 01:39:45 PM
Nick the government is subsidising water bills in Cornwall. The £50 reduction (southwestwater.co.uk)

I
wash every day.  We are merely very careful with our use of mains water. (As are many others on a meter.)
So your post #12 was complete bollocks then! 

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 18, 2023, 01:39:45 PM
Nick the government is subsidising water bills in Cornwall. The £50 reduction (southwestwater.co.uk)

I
wash every day.  We are merely very careful with our use of mains water. (As are many others on a meter.)

Yeah, but it is the same bucket of water.

Pappy blames the Tories for the high death toll among his friends, but I suspect that the cholera had something to do with it :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2023, 12:19:14 PM
I know when someone isn't washing, and an £8 water bill tells me you ain't washing. 👃
Nick the government is subsidising water bills in Cornwall. The £50 reduction (southwestwater.co.uk)

I

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 17, 2023, 06:40:20 PM
Nick what are you smoking. The water rates in Cornwall were a scandal. £937 a year was ridiculous, which is why we went to a metered supply.  With a meter all we are paying £8 a month.
Frankly I have no idea what you are wittering on about.  There are only two of us in the home. Families even those on water meters are paying a lot more than that.
Also we are mortgage free and have been since 1990.  Other people are forking out a lot for mortgages and rents locally are in the £800-£1200 a month range, then they have council tax and utilities to pay with a background of very low local wages.
We are lucky, most people we know are struggling, food bank use is still rising dramatically.  No fault evictions are on the rise.
Also locally a car is not a luxury it is a necessity.
Time a bloody hard for most people with this situation getting worse.
Frankly you do not have a bloody clue.
I know when someone isn't washing, and an £8 water bill tells me you ain't washing. 👃 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 17, 2023, 08:39:12 PM

Pappy doesn't flush ? I imagine that would explain his limited circle of friends
:)
I happen to have a large number of friends, I suspect you and Nick don't. If you did you would know plenty of people having a very hard time financially currently.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on August 17, 2023, 04:35:16 PM
That's not something to be proud of, that's the equivalent of one person having a shower every day for a month: excluding washing machines, drinking, cooking, flushing. There are 2 two people in your house puke 🤮. You run at least one car and one motorbike, and you try and tell me people don't prioritise non-essentials over essential living. No wonder you don't know people with £82 spare to spend on food per month if you're living like this.

Pappy doesn't flush ? I imagine that would explain his limited circle of friends
:)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 17, 2023, 04:35:16 PM
That's not something to be proud of, that's the equivalent of one person having a shower every day for a month: excluding washing machines, drinking, cooking, flushing. There are 2 two people in your house puke 🤮. You run at least one car and one motorbike, and you try and tell me people don't prioritise non-essentials over essential living. No wonder you don't know people with £82 spare to spend on food per month if you're living like this.
Nick what are you smoking. The water rates in Cornwall were a scandal. £937 a year was ridiculous, which is why we went to a metered supply.  With a meter all we are paying £8 a month.
Frankly I have no idea what you are wittering on about.  There are only two of us in the home. Families even those on water meters are paying a lot more than that.
Also we are mortgage free and have been since 1990.  Other people are forking out a lot for mortgages and rents locally are in the £800-£1200 a month range, then they have council tax and utilities to pay with a background of very low local wages.
We are lucky, most people we know are struggling, food bank use is still rising dramatically.  No fault evictions are on the rise.
Also locally a car is not a luxury it is a necessity. 
Time a bloody hard for most people with this situation getting worse.
Frankly you do not have a bloody clue.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 17, 2023, 01:12:54 PM
Our water rates were £937 a year, before getting a water meter, after getting a meter fitted, it is now £8  a month.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 17, 2023, 12:10:36 PM

The waterboard offered to instal a meter on the rural slum, whereupon I replied that I would rather have the garden hose stuck up my fundament. The sales guy laughed and said that was what most customers said. So I may not be right, but at least I am in the majority  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2tRTJOgGn0
Our water rates were £937 a year, before getting a water meter, after getting a meter fitted, it is now £8  a month.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 17, 2023, 10:18:32 AM
We collect rainwater from the roof and the roof of one of the sheds. (We don't have a hosepipe either, although we have and outside tap with a fitting for one. ) Our water supply is metered and we use as little water as possible.

The waterboard offered to instal a meter on the rural slum, whereupon I replied that I would rather have the garden hose stuck up my fundament. The sales guy laughed and said that was what most customers said. So I may not be right, but at least I am in the majority  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2tRTJOgGn0
Algerie Francais !