PM accused of 'rolling out red carpet' as Saudi crown prince to visit UK

Started by SKY News, August 21, 2023, 01:00:09 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 21, 2023, 01:42:10 PM
Well we either deal with these people or we dont .

If we dont we cut all diplomatic ties , dont sell or buy anything and deport all Saudi nationals . Much like the Russians they become off limits for our retailers and we confiscate their houses and racehorses  and become the poorer for it .

If we do we treat them as any other business partners , grease their grubby little hands , smile ,shake hands and take it up the rear end if required and make loads of money .

Id prefer the former but reality says we have the latter and if the crown prince is coming the red carpet needs a hoover .
My sentiments exactly, I know what we should do ethically but ethics doth butter no parsnips. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Well we either deal with these people or we dont .

If we dont we cut all diplomatic ties , dont sell or buy anything and deport all Saudi nationals . Much like the Russians they become off limits for our retailers and we confiscate their houses and racehorses  and become the poorer for it .

If we do we treat them as any other business partners , grease their grubby little hands , smile ,shake hands and take it up the rear end if required and make loads of money .

Id prefer the former but reality says we have the latter and if the crown prince is coming the red carpet needs a hoover .

SKY News

PM accused of 'rolling out red carpet' as Saudi crown prince to visit UK

Rishi Sunak has been accused of "rolling out the red carpet" for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman just five years after the murder of a US-based journalist caused outrage around the world.

Source: PM accused of 'rolling out red carpet' as Saudi crown prince to visit UK