Main Menu

BBC NEWS

Started by Nick, August 21, 2023, 08:00:05 PM

« previous - next »

morayloon

Quote from: Barry on October 22, 2023, 08:26:53 PM
I can't be bothered to look for it, but I'm sure Nick explained that the BBC feed was faulty and producing items of news that were weeks or months old, so the news was stale and had already been discussed in a topic on the forum.
Didn't you read that?
Personally I couldn't give a toss what you can or can't be bothered doing. 
The first sentence in my post says it all. There was no question mark so it wasn't a question. It was a statement. Having read the post, I responded by saying that I had been wondering where the BBC Newsfeed had gone. All that I noticed was that it had been replaced by the RW GB News which I might have known would happen given the RW nature of this forum!

Nick

Quote from: Barry on October 22, 2023, 08:26:53 PM
I can't be bothered to look for it, but I'm sure Nick explained that the BBC feed was faulty and producing items of news that were weeks or months old, so the news was stale and had already been discussed in a topic on the forum.
Didn't you read that?
The post is below Barry.
GBNews was set up to give millions of people who weren't represented a voice. But that's too democratic for the lefty liberals on here. It was also a request from a member, perhaps that's a little too democratic also. 

Quote from: Nick on August 21, 2023, 08:00:05 PM
The BBC RSS news feed has been deleted as it continuously provides feeds that are weeks out of dates. I will look for a more reliable news feed but if anyone wants a specific news feed, IE from the US, I am happy to add it.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: morayloon on October 21, 2023, 01:14:15 PM
I was wondering what had happened to the BBC Newsfeed. To replace it with the RW, biased GB News is nothing short of criminal. Where is the balance? How are they covering the Middle East conflict? Is it all pro-Israeli propaganda with little input from Gaza?
Why not add Al Jazeera?
Didn't you read that?
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2023, 01:50:52 PM
You made a statement about GBNews without knowing the facts, and furthermore just admitted your statement was based on suspicions. I don't have to justify anything based on that.

As for the question that GBNews is RW, anything is right of the BBC with its left leaning reporting that we have had to endure for decades. GBNews reports the facts, and the fact you don't like that says a lot about you.
Prior to its launch, GB News claimed it was set up with the aim of broadcasting "original news, opinion and debate", with a mix of news coverage and opinion-based content. Since opening, the channel has generally been described as Right Wing on political issues — and "anti woke" as its presenters have frequently parroted.

The man who built Sky News Australia and turned it into a right-wing megaphone [Angelos Frangopoulos] is on a mission to do the same in the United Kingdom, [critics] claim. And it doesn't stop there: apparently the ultimate goal is the 'Foxification' of Britain's broadcast media.

Frangopoulos laughs it off and insists there is nothing to fear from his latest project: "Of course impartiality is important to the news debate. But it doesn't mean that you can't have the debate. And that is the issue here in the UK."

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/we-are-a-speedboat-in-an-ocean-of-supertankers-the-australian-shaking-up-britain-s-tv-news-20210216-p572rz.html

The first chairman of GB News, Andrew Neil, was described by its founders media executives Andrew Cole and Mark Schneider as epitomising what GB News is all about. They said: "He's an exceptional journalist, brilliant interviewer and fearlessly independent"
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-09-25/andrew-neil-announces-24-hour-gb-news-channel-to-rival-bbc-and-sky

But Neil's fearless independence surfaced quickly when he appears to have found GBN's Right Wing stance too blatant. He quit after nine shows — no doubt because he'd been influenced by the Lefties (and professionalism) at the BBC, where he'd presented live political programmes for 25 years.

Eamonn Holmes quits This Morning to join right-wing GB News channel
https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/eamonn-holmes-quits-this-morning-to-join-right-wing-gb-news-channel-1.4755909

Michael Portillo is among a raft of new faces to join right leaning TV Channel
https://inews.co.uk/news/media/gb-news-hires-michael-portillo-in-shake-up-as-it-receives-millions-in-investment-1803743

Andrew Neil to lead new right-leaning UK TV news channel
https://www.ft.com/content/470cf7f4-59e6-47c1-9efa-ce634b7980d7

Ofcom finds GB News in breach of due impartiality rules
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2023/ofcom-finds-gb-news-in-breach-of-due-impartiality-rules

With all that coverage and more, I suggest that news consumers do not even have to be casual members of the GB News audience to be aware of its political leanings...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 22, 2023, 08:40:36 AM
So, instead of answering my questions, you are basically hiding behind a claim that I am a hypocrite! That puerile excuse merely gives even more credence to my 'suspicions'. You have been unable to provide ANY evidence which shows the channel is not a right wing fiefdom! You have failed to say how the channel is covering the conflict: is it merely regurgitating Israeli propaganda with little Palestinian input?
The BBC is attacked from the Left for being too Right Wing. The reality is that reporting with impartiality is going to knock some sensibilities, with long held opinions shown to be untrue. Instead of accepting reality, they turn to media which sympathises with the wrongly held rw views - on tv that's GB News and, on the newspaper front, take your pick.
As an aside,  In a 2023 poll by YouGov, 12% of respondents ranked GB News as a trusted news-brand, compared to the BBC's 44%
SW answered your question, instead of jumping in with both feet like the Beeb and then having to correct its self, it waited until the facts were known and then reported it. I assume you prefer the method of stirring up the region and then correcting its self. Problem is that the Arab world stays stirred up. 

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2023, 01:50:52 PM
You made a statement about GBNews without knowing the facts, and furthermore just admitted your statement was based on suspicions. I don't have to justify anything based on that.

As for the question that GBNews is RW, anything is right of the BBC with its left leaning reporting that we have had to endure for decades. GBNews reports the facts, and the fact you don't like that says a lot about you.
So, instead of answering my questions, you are basically hiding behind a claim that I am a hypocrite! That puerile excuse merely gives even more credence to my 'suspicions'. You have been unable to provide ANY evidence which shows the channel is not a right wing fiefdom! You have failed to say how the channel is covering the conflict: is it merely regurgitating Israeli propaganda with little Palestinian input?
The BBC is attacked from the Left for being too Right Wing. The reality is that reporting with impartiality is going to knock some sensibilities, with long held opinions shown to be untrue. Instead of accepting reality, they turn to media which sympathises with the wrongly held rw views - on tv that's GB News and, on the newspaper front, take your pick.
As an aside,  In a 2023 poll by YouGov, 12% of respondents ranked GB News as a trusted news-brand, compared to the BBC's 44%

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 21, 2023, 01:33:18 PM
Are you trying to say that it does not have a RW agenda?
In what way am I talking as if I have watched that channel? I asked two questions: How are they covering the Middle East conflict? and Is it all pro-Israeli propaganda with little input from Gaza?
The fact that you chose to ignore them suggests that my suspicions have some validity

To replace it with the RW, biased GB News is nothing short of criminal.
Why not add Al Jazeera?

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2023, 01:19:40 PM
You just admitted on the other post that you've never watched it, but are now talking as if you have.
Are you trying to say that it does not have a RW agenda?
In what way am I talking as if I have watched that channel? I asked two questions: How are they covering the Middle East conflict? and Is it all pro-Israeli propaganda with little input from Gaza? 
The fact that you chose to ignore them suggests that my suspicions have some validity

Nick

I was wondering what had happened to the BBC Newsfeed. To replace it with the RW, biased GB News is nothing short of criminal. Where is the balance? How are they covering the Middle East conflict? Is it all pro-Israeli propaganda with little input from Gaza?
Why not add Al Jazeera?
You just admitted on the other post that you've never watched it, but are now talking as if you have. 

morayloon

I was wondering what had happened to the BBC Newsfeed. To replace it with the RW, biased GB News is nothing short of criminal. Where is the balance? How are they covering the Middle East conflict? Is it all pro-Israeli propaganda with little input from Gaza?
Why not add Al Jazeera?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2023, 04:07:52 PM
And you can't counter it, which is your twisted opinion.
I can't because you cannot possible back up your contention applied to every one of the millions who did not vote.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2023, 02:58:32 PM
You cannot back that statement up with evidence that the millions of people who did not vote was because of  those reason.  It is only your twisted opinion.
And you can't counter it, which is your twisted opinion. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2023, 02:28:35 PM
They don't vote because they haven't got a clue, nor care a jot. 
You cannot back that statement up with evidence that the millions of people who did not vote was because of  those reason.  It is only your twisted opinion.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2023, 11:46:39 AM
Nick there you go yet again with blanket insults and clichés. You CANNOT possibly know why millions of people did not vote.
I only voted/vote tactically to try and keep a tory out. There is now such a lack luster choice it does not come as any surprise to me that millions of people don't vote.
They don't vote because they haven't got a clue, nor care a jot. Yet they are the first to complain about the state of the economy. Perhaps you should do a bit of door to door and educate the great unwashed, you might just get a handle on just nonplussed they actually are. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2023, 11:16:56 AM
Yew they are FFS, people who can't be bothered to get dressed and put their can of Special-Brew down don't count. That is how the system works whether you like it or not.
Nick there you go yet again with blanket insults and clichés. You CANNOT possibly know why millions of people did not vote.
I only voted/vote tactically to try and keep a tory out. There is now such a lack luster choice it does not come as any surprise to me that millions of people don't vote.