Main Menu

BBC NEWS

Started by Nick, August 21, 2023, 08:00:05 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 24, 2023, 12:44:50 AM
You are unbelievable! You are decrying the BBC. You are a supporter of GB News as your views are much in line with their editorial stance (am I correct?). I was merely trying to find out if GBN has reporters inside Gaza. A question you seemed unwilling to answer. However, your silence speaks volumes and it sounds like it is a definite NO. Why was it so hard just to come out with the answer?
If you had read my post you would know that the BBC crew was told to get out from a particular situation, in the West Bank NOT Gaza. The Beebs crews are still operating in both areas.

GBN has had run ins with Ofcom with regard to impartiality. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_News#cite_note-cityam-110
This is what Ofcom has to say, "We have 12 further investigations open into GB News which we are working to conclude as quickly as possible" (in addition to the Fox case)  https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2023/update-gb-news-impartiality#:~:text=An%20Ofcom%20investigation%20has%20today,2023%2C%20breached%20due%20impartiality%20rules.
The first Chairman, Andrew Neil, "was replaced as a presenter by Colin Brazier in what The Telegraph described as a "fight back by swinging to the right". If that is how the Telegraph sees it, just how far to the right is GBN in actuality? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_News#Launch
"Whatever else it is, GB News is a right-wing television-news channel. Britain hasn't had one of those beforehttps://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/06/gb-news-fox-news-british/619210/
Need I go on?
This thread WAS about getting rid of the BBC RSS link cause it generates stories that are months old, a member requested GBNews. You piled in full chat complaining that GNNews was right wing and you weren't happy with such representation, even though you admitted you have never watched it.
Are you going to argue those facts?

You're the one that has tried to deflect the conversation to whether GBNews has reporters in Gaza to avoid your post calling GBNews RW, how about you address that first.

And BTW, yes GBNews does have reporters in Gaza, they are members of the Associated Press and the like, same as they use reports from the Independent. Any attempt to suggest they are simply reporting what Israel puts out is lies, that's what the BBC did with Hamas and are now getting universally condemned.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 23, 2023, 08:59:34 PM
You're just a strawman, the only person going on about whether GBNews is inside Gaza is you, you even posted that the BBC was told to leave so they're not in Gaza.
This thread is about the BBC being replaced with GBNews, a station you called RW, and you are totally ignoring the call to prove it.
You are unbelievable! You are decrying the BBC. You are a supporter of GB News as your views are much in line with their editorial stance (am I correct?). I was merely trying to find out if GBN has reporters inside Gaza. A question you seemed unwilling to answer. However, your silence speaks volumes and it sounds like it is a definite NO. Why was it so hard just to come out with the answer?
If you had read my post you would know that the BBC crew was told to get out from a particular situation, in the West Bank NOT Gaza. The Beebs crews are still operating in both areas.

GBN has had run ins with Ofcom with regard to impartialityhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_News#cite_note-cityam-110 
This is what Ofcom has to say, "We have 12 further investigations open into GB News which we are working to conclude as quickly as possible" (in addition to the Fox case)  https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2023/update-gb-news-impartiality#:~:text=An%20Ofcom%20investigation%20has%20today,2023%2C%20breached%20due%20impartiality%20rules.
The first Chairman, Andrew Neil, "was replaced as a presenter by Colin Brazier in what The Telegraph described as a "fight back by swinging to the right". If that is how the Telegraph sees it, just how far to the right is GBN in actuality? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_News#Launch
"Whatever else it is, GB News is a right-wing television-news channel. Britain hasn't had one of those before"  https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/06/gb-news-fox-news-british/619210/ 
Need I go on?

morayloon

Quote from: Barry on October 23, 2023, 09:22:51 PM
I'm no expert on GB News. I don't watch it. I don't think I ever have said they are impartial.
If you want to start a thread with a BBC news link, there's nothing stopping you, is there? No one is banning the BBC on here!
Why are you misrepresenting what I said? Or, do you have difficulty understanding the written word?
I didn't call for the BBC thread to be reinstated. I was wondering why it was still showing in the home page but the  sub-forum was littered with GB News items. 
Why would I want to start a BBC thread? 
I have an unswerving belief that the BBC is biased against Independence. That doesn't mean that I doubt every word that it comes out with on other matters. On reflection, in the case of Gaza and the plight of the Palestinians, it is rather impartial. It has reporters in both camps.
I would also like to think it was impartial on the Ukraine situation but with Russia banning the BBC (in retaliation to the banning of RT in the UK) we are getting just one side of the story.

Barry

Quote from: morayloon on October 23, 2023, 04:08:51 PM
Apologies, but you did misrepresent what I posted.
And you continue to misrepresent me: where did I say I did not believe or accept his explanation? My point boils down to the fact that a Right Winger chose a RW source. However, that just means that there is all the more reason to decry any obvious falsehoods.
Lack of judgement? I don't think so!
If you think that GB News is an impartial source, provide reasons why I should believe you! Your friend has also abysmally failed to tell us about the resident GB News crew in Gaza. Perhaps you can inform us: does the channel have anyone in Gaza or does it rely on Israeli propaganda?
I'm no expert on GB News. I don't watch it. I don't think I ever have said they are impartial.
If you want to start a thread with a BBC news link, there's nothing stopping you, is there? No one is banning the BBC on here!
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 23, 2023, 08:29:23 PM
The BBC is reporting live from Gaza. You have yet to provide evidence that GB News is.
In what way are they making stuff up? The initial thought was that was an Israeli weapon. Yes, Hamas was quick to make the claim but the BBC was not the only media outlet that reported that the Israelis were to blame. This quote gives the lie to your claims 
Important news agencies such as Reuters, EFE Noticias, CNN, The New York Times, and BBC, among others, reported on the bombing of the hospital, pointing directly at Israel as the culprit and supporting this information only with statements from Palestinian officials.
https://voz.us/international-media-accused-israel-of-destroying-a-hospital-in-gaza-but-evidence-points-to-a-palestinian-terrorist-group/?lang=en

The Voz article goes on to preach the West's side of the story. It is a biased source as this article shows https://voz.us/public-neutrality-about-hamas-and-israel-is-complicity/?lang=en  This wiki entry tells of its RW leanings https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voz_Media
You're just a strawman, the only person going on about whether GBNews is inside Gaza is you, you even posted that the BBC was told to leave so they're not in Gaza. 
This thread is about the BBC being replaced with GBNews, a station you called RW, and you are totally ignoring the call to prove it. 

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 23, 2023, 04:50:43 PM
The BBC are clearly not reporting, they're making stuff up. The U.K. has now confirmed that the strike on the hospital came from within Gaza, the BBC reported untruths and had to correct its self, that is not balanced.
The BBC is reporting live from Gaza. You have yet to provide evidence that GB News is.
In what way are they making stuff up? The initial thought was that was an Israeli weapon. Yes, Hamas was quick to make the claim but the BBC was not the only media outlet that reported that the Israelis were to blame. This quote gives the lie to your claims  
Important news agencies such as Reuters, EFE Noticias, CNN, The New York Times, and BBC, among others, reported on the bombing of the hospital, pointing directly at Israel as the culprit and supporting this information only with statements from Palestinian officials.
https://voz.us/international-media-accused-israel-of-destroying-a-hospital-in-gaza-but-evidence-points-to-a-palestinian-terrorist-group/?lang=en

The Voz article goes on to preach the West's side of the story. It is a biased source as this article shows https://voz.us/public-neutrality-about-hamas-and-israel-is-complicity/?lang=en  This wiki entry tells of its RW leanings https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voz_Media

patman post

Does GB News actually generate any news — or does it simply follow up and have talking heads opine on the reporting of others...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 23, 2023, 04:08:51 PM
And you continue to misrepresent me: where did I say I did not believe or accept his explanation? My point boils down to the fact that a Right Winger chose a RW source. However, that just means that there is all the more reason to decry any obvious falsehoods.
If you think that GB News is an impartial source, provide reasons why I should believe you! Your friend has also abysmally failed to tell us about the resident GB News crew in Gaza. Perhaps you can inform us: does the channel have anyone in Gaza or does it rely on Israeli propaganda?
Care to point to one of the GBNews headlines that isn't accurate and RW? As I previously said, everything is right of the BBC. 

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 23, 2023, 01:34:12 AM
Did he? Where? When?
It is the nature of live TV that reporters report events that are happening. If GB had a crew in Gaza they would have reported the same thing. The Israelis have targeted hospitals and schools previously so it was a good assumption that it was an Israeli missile. The BBC reporter then reported the Israeli denial of responsibility. The fact is that, despite the West ganging together in support of the Israeli terrorists. Most of the world are sceptical. And the BBC is not the only channel reporting from Gaza.
As for the Beeb being biased towards the Palestinian predicament, I suggest you answer this question 'why have several Arab employees been removed from presenting because of perceived bias' You can't have it both ways.
The BBC are clearly not reporting, they're making stuff up. The U.K. has now confirmed that the strike on the hospital came from within Gaza, the BBC reported untruths and had to correct its self, that is not balanced. 

morayloon

Quote from: Borchester on October 23, 2023, 01:39:58 PM
It is not Moray's fault. It is just that she is inevitably drawn to failure and has a natural compulsion to make matters worse. I don't like to rub this in, but the Scottish Nats were doing ok until she decided to support them.

This business of Hamas and the Israelis is a bit like the Sioux and the US cavalry at Wounded Knee. The Indians thought that if they perform certain rituals the white men would disappear. Unfortunately, the cavalry had machine guns.....

Just to scupper your silly comments, I am not a member of the SNP. I left in 2021 after 47 years membership

morayloon

Quote from: Barry on October 23, 2023, 11:58:03 AM
No need to be rude.
So you don't believe or accept Nick's explanation?
Some seem to have a lot of trouble distinguishing between truth and lies. I'm sorry for your lack of judgment.
And you continue to misrepresent me: where did I say I did not believe or accept his explanation? My point boils down to the fact that a Right Winger chose a RW source. However, that just means that there is all the more reason to decry any obvious falsehoods.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 23, 2023, 11:58:03 AM
No need to be rude.
Some seem to have a lot of trouble distinguishing between truth and lies. I'm sorry for your lack of judgment.

It is not Moray's fault. It is just that she is inevitably drawn to failure and has a natural compulsion to make matters worse. I don't like to rub this in, but the Scottish Nats were doing ok until she decided to support them.

This business of Hamas and the Israelis is a bit like the Sioux and the US cavalry at Wounded Knee. The Indians thought that if they perform certain rituals the white men would disappear. Unfortunately, the cavalry had machine guns.....
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: morayloon on October 23, 2023, 01:18:13 AM
Personally I couldn't give a toss what you can or can't be bothered doing.
The first sentence in my post says it all. There was no question mark so it wasn't a question. It was a statement. Having read the post, I responded by saying that I had been wondering where the BBC Newsfeed had gone. All that I noticed was that it had been replaced by the RW GB News which I might have known would happen given the RW nature of this forum!
No need to be rude.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: morayloon on October 23, 2023, 01:18:13 AM
All that I noticed was that it had been replaced by the RW GB News which I might have known would happen given the RW nature of this forum!
Its not just this forum Morayloon ,GB news reflects the nature of the country .I wouldn't say its particularly RW but then again Im not of the left . 
The BBC current news pages are often linked in threads ,as Nick says its auto feed was often weeks behind the curve which is pretty useless as a thread starter .

Which really is all they are ,a prompt for discussion ,feel free to pile in and disagree that after all is what we come on here for .

other channels are available 

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 22, 2023, 09:51:46 AM
SW answered your question, instead of jumping in with both feet like the Beeb and then having to correct its self, it waited until the facts were known and then reported it. I assume you prefer the method of stirring up the region and then correcting its self. Problem is that the Arab world stays stirred up.
Did he? Where? When?
It is the nature of live TV that reporters report events that are happening. If GB had a crew in Gaza they would have reported the same thing. The Israelis have targeted hospitals and schools previously so it was a good assumption that it was an Israeli missile. The BBC reporter then reported the Israeli denial of responsibility. The fact is that, despite the West ganging together in support of the Israeli terrorists. Most of the world are sceptical. And the BBC is not the only channel reporting from Gaza.
As for the Beeb being biased towards the Palestinian predicament, I suggest you answer this question 'why have several Arab employees been removed from presenting because of perceived bias' You can't have it both ways.