Main Menu

BBC NEWS

Started by Nick, August 21, 2023, 08:00:05 PM

« previous - next »

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 26, 2023, 09:10:52 PM
And now you've run away!!

This piece perfectly sums up your incorrect views.

https://youtu.be/0l4KNCeTxnQ

No it doesn't

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 25, 2023, 07:21:30 PM
You have never qualified your claim that GBNews is RW, are you Amurf in disguise? 🥸
Yes I did. Read it! I didn't feel it necessary to repeat myself

Nick

And now you've run away!!

This piece perfectly sums up your incorrect views.

https://youtu.be/0l4KNCeTxnQ
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 25, 2023, 04:19:15 PM
I gave a full response on GBN in the other thread.
You have never qualified your claim that GBNews is RW, are you Amurf in disguise? 🥸 

morayloon

Quote from: Barry on October 25, 2023, 12:39:19 PM
Perhaps a picture and coloured crayons might help you.
Might do, but can't think what would come to your aid. Try lifting your head out of the sand for starters.

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 25, 2023, 01:03:59 PM
A point you have still not made as you have never seen it.
I gave a full response on GBN in the other thread. 

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 24, 2023, 10:28:06 PMI wasn't deflecting anything. i was making the factual point that GB News is a RW organisation.
A point you have still not made as you have never seen it.

Barry

Quote from: morayloon on October 24, 2023, 10:22:34 PM
You should look at yourself before criticising others. If my understanding is not as it should be, it is solely down to your inability to present anything  in a comprehensible way.
Perhaps a picture and coloured crayons might help you.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on October 24, 2023, 11:04:21 PM
I rather thought that the role of any responsible media organisation was to report the news, not make it up.
You have to admit that GB News and its management and presenters have been the news recently, but not in ways it would want...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on October 23, 2023, 07:52:54 PM
Does GB News actually generate any news — or does it simply follow up and have talking heads opine on the reporting of others...?

I rather thought that the role of any responsible media organisation was to report the news, not make it up.
Algerie Francais !

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 24, 2023, 07:25:08 AM
This thread WAS about getting rid of the BBC RSS link cause it generates stories that are months old, a member requested GBNews. You piled in full chat complaining that GNNews was right wing and you weren't happy with such representation, even though you admitted you have never watched it.
Are you going to argue those facts?

You're the one that has tried to deflect the conversation to whether GBNews has reporters in Gaza to avoid your post calling GBNews RW, how about you address that first.

And BTW, yes GBNews does have reporters in Gaza, they are members of the Associated Press and the like, same as they use reports from the Independent. Any attempt to suggest they are simply reporting what Israel puts out is lies, that's what the BBC did with Hamas and are now getting universally condemned.
I wasn't deflecting anything. i was making the factual point that GB News is a RW organisation. It is you who seem to be unaware of that fact. Those reporters are not employed by GB News.
Still with the anti-BBC claims I see;D  

morayloon

Quote from: Barry on October 24, 2023, 08:46:33 AM
You clearly do not comprehend English. So I'm done with you, as it is pointless.
You should look at yourself before criticising others. If my understanding is not as it should be, it is solely down to your inability to present anything  in a comprehensible way.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 24, 2023, 07:33:45 AM
A brilliant book I read some years ago  'Bury my heart at wounded knee'  a story of how the Indians lost their lands to white settlers and yes does have some parallels to the plight of the Palestinians

My point is not very original, but I think valid, is that there is a tipping point in these matters. It does not matter if it is Gaza or Wounded Knee or Culloden or a Banzai charge, there comes a time when the enemy has all the guns and all that is left are brave, but futile gestures such as we are seeing right now
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: morayloon on October 24, 2023, 12:05:11 AM
Why are you misrepresenting what I said? Or, do you have difficulty understanding the written word?
I didn't call for the BBC thread to be reinstated. I was wondering why it was still showing in the home page but the  sub-forum was littered with GB News items.
Why would I want to start a BBC thread?
I have an unswerving belief that the BBC is biased against Independence. That doesn't mean that I doubt every word that it comes out with on other matters. On reflection, in the case of Gaza and the plight of the Palestinians, it is rather impartial. It has reporters in both camps.
I would also like to think it was impartial on the Ukraine situation but with Russia banning the BBC (in retaliation to the banning of RT in the UK) we are getting just one side of the story.
You clearly do not comprehend English. So I'm done with you, as it is pointless.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on October 23, 2023, 01:39:58 PM

This business of Hamas and the Israelis is a bit like the Sioux and the US cavalry at Wounded Knee. The Indians thought that if they perform certain rituals the white men would disappear. Unfortunately, the cavalry had machine guns.....
A brilliant book I read some years ago  'Bury my heart at wounded knee'  a story of how the Indians lost their lands to white settlers and yes does have some parallels to the plight of the Palestinians