Main Menu

Wagner boss taken out???

Started by Nick, August 23, 2023, 06:36:30 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 29, 2023, 10:47:25 AM
Yeah but the FSB/KGB and Ukrainian intelligence services are way better at tracking people down, and when they do the the target is likely to end up dead, rather than simply wishing they were!
I have to wonder if the rest of the passengers knew he was onboard? I suspect they would have got off if they'd known, especially the crew. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2023, 09:17:48 AM
HMRC does not seem to be able to do that even the evidence is handed to them on plate.
Yeah but the FSB/KGB and Ukrainian intelligence services are way better at tracking people down, and when they do the the target is likely to end up dead, rather than simply wishing they were! 

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 29, 2023, 08:49:30 AM
The more money you take with you, the easier it is to trace you. 
HMRC does not seem to be able to do that even the evidence is handed to them on plate.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: papasmurf on August 28, 2023, 02:49:23 PM
Given how many mega tax avoiders there are, he does not need to leave wealth behind.
The more money you take with you, the easier it is to trace you. The more you leave your money with mates the easier it is to trace you. 

I'm not saying a hypothetical YP living in hiding would be a pauper, but his lifestyle would need to be significantly curtailed.

Allied to the fact that he would also lose all influence and political power as well, it's a very much last ditch strategy.

Turn the question around. What gain is there to the Russian state in facilitating YP faking his death? What do they gain? Why would they cooperate? 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 28, 2023, 03:55:45 PM
And Pappy is child free, been mortgage free for thirty years and is always slipping abroad for reasons never fully explained, so he should know :)
Borchester stop being a bloody idiot. I don't "slip abroad." I go to Brittany between  a month and six weeks a year because it is far cheaper than a holiday in the UK and much cheaper than a holiday in Cornwall. You always have to bloody personalise things. I am not like you "I am alright Jack and eff everyone else." I care about the 14 million and rising in precarity in Britain, you and Nick don't.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 28, 2023, 02:49:23 PM
Given how many mega tax avoiders there are, he does not need to leave wealth behind.

And Pappy is child free, been mortgage free for thirty years and is always slipping abroad for reasons never fully explained, so he should know :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 28, 2023, 02:33:03 PM

Faking your own death requires significant sacrifice, you have to leave behind significant amounts of wealth 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: papasmurf on August 28, 2023, 08:28:09 AM
He has many enemies, far more than those two.
I bet the list is as long as both your arms. 

But the list of one's it's worth faking your own death to avoid? 

Much shorter. 

Faking your own death requires significant sacrifice, you have to leave behind significant amounts of wealth and all personal connections. Apart from the personal implications this also means any use you had to your higher ups is gone. 

YP was useful to Putin because of YP's personal connections to both his own commanders in Wagner but also Wagner clients and business partners in Africa, Middle East etc.

If Russia was helping fake YP's death (which it would have to be given the state has confirmed his death) it would be forgoing those contacts by "killing" him. In fact YP's value to Putin would be significantly reduced by of faking his death. 

In this case I think the most obvious explanation is that the man who led a failed coup against a man notorious for offing people who betray him was killed by the man he betrayed. 

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 28, 2023, 08:04:47 AM
Thing is, if YP has faked his death you have to ask why.

The obvious answer is to escape retribution, and there are only two major threats. Ukraine and Putin.

He has many enemies, far more than those two.

BeElBeeBub

Thing is, if YP has faked his death you have to ask why.

The obvious answer is to escape retribution, and there are only two major threats. Ukraine and Putin. 

If the threat was Ukraine, why go to the trouble of faking his own death? Why not just live in Russia with high security? 

The more likely reason would be to avoid Putin's wrath. Being thought dead is a good way to avoid people trying to kill you. 

In which case why would the Russian state be colluding with YP to fool the Russian state into thinking he was dead.?

Maybe he has sympathisers who he hoped would help him fake his death, but he'd have to bank on non-sympathetic agencies getting involved. Leaving a body, even a body double would be a huge risk, especially in today's world of DNA (let's discount clones eh) 

If YP was going to fake his death, it would need to be with no body. So a crash over water, sunken ship, crash with such intense fire it burned the bodies beyond ID. 

If anything, bringing the plane down (relatively) near Moscow would be the move someone would make if they wanted to be sure they could recover the body to ID it and make sure he hadn't given them the slip. 

I'd say he's dead, and as Nick said, it's not a surprise. 

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on August 23, 2023, 08:27:48 PM

Update - it's now confirmed he was on the plane that crashed.
The problem being confirmed by whom.

HDQQ

As yet there's no confirmation that this dangerous man was actually on the plane and even speculation that he could have been on a second plane that didn't crash. Assuming that agents of the Russian regime shot the plane down, Prigozhin will either become a martyr among his loyalists (if dead), or a furious 'wounded bear' set on revenge (if still alive).

Update - it's now confirmed he was on the plane that crashed.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on August 23, 2023, 06:36:30 PM
If he didn't know he was going to be taken out he must be the only one who didn't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66599733
The only suprise with this is that it took so long .  Question now is who controls his mercenaries ?

Nick

If he didn't know he was going to be taken out he must be the only one who didn't. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66599733
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.