UK Growth third fastest growing economy!!!

Started by Major Sinic, February 12, 2020, 09:45:45 AM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=16217 time=1581500745 user_id=84
According to a report in the FT today the UK had the third fastest growing economy within the G7 eclipsing France, Germany and Italy in 2020, despite the political and economic uncertainty for the UK during the year and particularly the final quarter. The UK grew by 1.4% and the three EU states by 1.3%, 0.5% and 0.2% respectively.

Beelbeeb will be feverishly calculating how this actually means the UK is a bag of sh*t as we write.

Conchúr

Quote from: cromwell post_id=16226 time=1581503698 user_id=48
Well perhaps he could,still the interest you and Gerry show in UK political matters has been noted as has your respective absences from the Irish election thread. :hattip

Didn't even know there was an Irish election thread, but I'll take a look.  I posted a few times about the Irish election on other threads though ......

Conchúr

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=16230 time=1581505271 user_id=84
Do your own fecking research!

Haha well I already did before, but you marched off in a huff. Here, I'll link you to it again — https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/NGDP_RPCH@WEO/OEMDC/ADVEC/WEOWORLD">https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper ... C/WEOWORLD">https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/NGDP_RPCH@WEO/OEMDC/ADVEC/WEOWORLD

Why don't you have a wee play around with that map and see how you get on.  There's a good fella.

Major Sinic

Quote from: Conchúr post_id=16224 time=1581503375 user_id=83
Ah, back with more numbers I see.  

Can you tell us how the the figures compare to UK average growth over the last 30 years?  And can you tell us how growth has been fareing, versus that average, since the 2016 vote?

Do your own fecking research!

cromwell

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=16227 time=1581504665 user_id=84
Ooops! mea culpa! Making no pretence that I have the gift of prophesy, unlike our Irish cousins, you are quite right 1919 it was! :hattip

Blimey we should open a political history section :lol:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Major Sinic

Quote from: T00ts post_id=16218 time=1581501116 user_id=54
Should that read 2019? I read somewhere that it had flat lined at the end of 2019 but the expectation was that it would increase substantially this year. I do wonder if the HS2 project is as much about showing confidence as being necessary infrastructure.

Ooops! mea culpa! Making no pretence that I have the gift of prophesy, unlike our Irish cousins, you are quite right 1919 it was! :hattip

cromwell

Quote from: Conchúr post_id=16224 time=1581503375 user_id=83

Can you tell us how the the figures compare to UK average growth over the last 30 years?  And can you tell us how growth has been fareing, versus that average, since the 2016 vote?

Well perhaps he could,still the interest you and Gerry show in UK political matters has been noted as has your respective absences from the Irish election thread. :hattip
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Conchúr

According to a report in the FT today the UK had the third fastest growing economy within the G7 eclipsing France, Germany and Italy in 2020, despite the political and economic uncertainty for the UK during the year and particularly the final quarter. The UK grew by 1.4% and the three EU states by 1.3%, 0.5% and 0.2% respectively.

T00ts

Should that read 2019? I read somewhere that it had flat lined at the end of 2019 but the expectation was that it would increase substantially this year. I do wonder if the HS2 project is as much about showing confidence as being necessary infrastructure.

Major Sinic