Do you every get the feeling that life is not too bad ?

Started by Borchester, August 24, 2023, 05:34:43 PM

« previous - next »

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester on August 29, 2023, 01:41:11 PM
Where is the problems ?
Imagine, for a moment, that if you wanted to become a minster or senior party member you subscribe to a certain belief.

• This belief flew in the face of the vast majority of orthodox thinking worldwide
  • Experts who studied this area almost uniformly didn't consider it a plausible belief
  • It's believers frequently misunderstood the basic mechanisms of the belief
  • They often misinterpreted or cherry picked evidence to support their belief

I am of course referring to flat earthers.

Your pool of talent would be restricted to people who

a) genuinely believed the earth was flat.
b) did not believe the earth was flat but were prepared to say so in order to advance their careers

would these people be the brightest and best?

Would they be able to make difficult decisions on complex topics?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 29, 2023, 01:41:11 PM
Where is the problems ?
The problem is the pro-Brexiteers are totally blind to the problems being cause by the Dogs Brexit.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 29, 2023, 11:58:10 AM
The problem is that in order to be in a senior position in the Conservative party you need to past the Brexit test.

Anyone who doesn't support Brexit or says it's a bad idea is purged.

Where is the problems ?
Algerie Francais !

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on August 29, 2023, 10:52:41 AM
Figures show you are wrong, the fact we are one of the top performing countries out of the top economies in Europe shows your comments up.
I'm not sure that's 100% true unless you mix your sources (as we discussed)
Here is the world bank GDP in current USD

and here is the OECD

And growth (current USD on same Q previous year)  OECD

world bank measures have UK doing better though

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 29, 2023, 11:58:10 AM

What sort of party puts Lee Anderson as their chairman?

What sort of party lets anyone like 30p Lee be a member.

BeElBeeBub

The problem is that in order to be in a senior position in the Conservative party you need to past the Brexit test. 

Anyone who doesn't support Brexit or says it's a bad idea is purged. 

This means the talent pool is made up of people who either genuinely believe Brexit is a find idea or don't but are prepared to say it is for career advancement. 

The end result is you have idiots or liars (or both) in all the senior conservative positions. Which leads to catastrophically bad management.

Look at the roster of conservative minsters and party seniors. 

Is anyone here going to argue Nadine Dorries' level of talent is anywhere near ministerial?

Anyone going to bat for JRM being anything other than a pantomime character? 

What extraordinary skill set did Charlotte Owen display to be made a member of Parliament for life?

What sort of party puts Lee Anderson as their chairman? 

Yet another way Brexit had damaged the country. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2023, 10:23:09 AM
Nick the incompetent, callous, and sometimes criminal Tories and the Dogs Brexit have irreparably  damaged Britain. That you are totally blinkered to that is frankly scary
Are you sure your not one of those cardigan wearing Limp Dems ? 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2023, 10:23:09 AM
Nick the incompetent, callous, and sometimes criminal Tories and the Dogs Brexit have irreparably  damaged Britain. That you are totally blinkered to that is frankly scary.
Figures show you are wrong, the fact we are one of the top performing countries out of the top economies in Europe shows your comments up. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 29, 2023, 09:32:52 AM
2 years+ of Covid and now a war in Europe, if you think Labour could have done anything better you're delusional (even more than normal).
Nick the incompetent, callous, and sometimes criminal Tories and the Dogs Brexit have irreparably  damaged Britain. That you are totally blinkered to that is frankly scary.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2023, 07:10:41 AM
Frankly the Tories have now effed up the country so much I doubt anyone can get us out of the deep poo the Tories have put the country in.
2 years+ of Covid and now a war in Europe, if you think Labour could have done anything better you're delusional (even more than normal). 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 29, 2023, 06:32:12 AM
Do you really think that will improve much under Labour ? Even so of those 'millions' there wil be a good number who could live outside the  reaches of government policy and you getting angry on their behalf only encourages them .
Frankly the Tories have now effed up the country so much I doubt anyone can get us out of the deep poo the Tories have put the country in.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 28, 2023, 01:36:04 PM
It is the damage the Tories are doing to millions of people's lives that makes me very angry.
Do you really think that will improve much under Labour ? Even so of those 'millions' there wil be a good number who could live outside the  reaches of government policy and you getting angry on their behalf only encourages them .

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 28, 2023, 11:17:39 AM
If I took matters into my own hands there would be no Tory government. I am considered to be a very dangerous man,(not my fault officialdom jumps to too many conclusions,) and have been called by a Tory MP in a debate in parliament a member of sinister vexatious minority. (Which I keep meaning to get printed on a T-shirt.)
Please stop with the thinking you're some kind of gangster, you're just a 75 year old bloke who has autism. Any attempt to put yourself forward as James Bond is pathetic. 

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on August 28, 2023, 04:19:41 PM
My life isn't too bad at the moment and life in Britain for most people
I despair at the blinkers worn by people on this forum.

HDQQ

My life isn't too bad at the moment and life in Britain for most people is better than in many other parts of the world.

This doesn't take away the fact that we life in this country could have been better if we were still in the EU and Boris Johnson and Liz Truss had never become PMs. As for Rishi Sunak, he seems to be the best of a bad bunch and will have to do until the next election.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!