Main Menu

Yet more

Started by Nick, August 26, 2023, 08:24:41 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 26, 2023, 10:51:43 AM
they don't even mention covid?

The report just says wine consumption has fallen across the EU due to a change in consumer habits (beer for wine, is beer drinking a symptom of Covid infection?) and the cost of living crisis.

The current cost of living crisis has multiple causes, amongst them are some after effects of the pandemic, but those are probably not dominant.  The high energy prices and knock on effect of that are probably pretty big contributors.  Every £1,000 someone pays extra on energy is £1000 they can't spend on other things like wine.
The point is the Eurozone countries are failing, and not just the pissy little ones. Germany, France, Spain are doing very badly and the U.K. is fairing better. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

The report just says wine consumption has fallen across the EU due to a change in consumer habits (beer for wine, is beer drinking a symptom of Covid infection?) and the cost of living crisis.

The current cost of living crisis has multiple causes, amongst them are some after effects of the pandemic, but those are probably not dominant.  The high energy prices and knock on effect of that are probably pretty big contributors.  Every £1,000 someone pays extra on energy is £1000 they can't spend on other things like wine.

Latest reports have Germany at least living on the ribs of its arse, but as long as the place has beer, nothing will ever be hopeless......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCaVl0oQ2ME
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Borchester

So Britain has left the EU,  Johnny Foreigner  has realised the the game is up and gotten plastered on beer, wine, diesel oil or whatever else is available and the European economies have crashed as a result.

It is hard to feel much more than weary contempt for the remainers and their obsession with selling the UK into slavery to their idols at Brussels, but it is fun to see how badly wrong they have gotten it. :)
Algerie Francais !

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on August 26, 2023, 08:24:41 AM
Evidence that the whole of Europe is suffering due to the lag from Covid and not to do with Brexit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66623636

Nick

Evidence that the whole of Europe is suffering due to the lag from Covid and not to do with Brexit. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66623636
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.