Replacing copper phone lines with fibre optics. A problem.

Started by papasmurf, August 30, 2023, 10:21:26 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 30, 2023, 10:38:52 AM
Smoke signals ?
It is a serious issue. I am on the vulnerable customer list with the electricity supplier, also a high percentage of my neighbours are in the "waiting for God," category, with medical appliances that need electric power. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 30, 2023, 10:21:26 AM
A very efficient team of workers is putting in fibre optic cable where I live. This is because at a later date the old copper wires will be ripped out, and landline phones will need to be connected to internet routers. Just one problem in the event of a power cut the  phones will not work.  (Mobile phones do not work very well at this location as much of it is a "not spot," or very intermittent. )

How will anyone report a power cut?
Smoke signals ?

papasmurf

A very efficient team of workers is putting in fibre optic cable where I live. This is because at a later date the old copper wires will be ripped out, and landline phones will need to be connected to internet routers. Just one problem in the event of a power cut the  phones will not work.  (Mobile phones do not work very well at this location as much of it is a "not spot," or very intermittent. )

How will anyone report a power cut?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe