GE 2024

Started by Nick, September 01, 2023, 06:31:35 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

We all need a fact checked source so that everyone can have the plain truth, unadulterated and free of bias and propaganda.
Maybe this forum is a good starting place for that.
Looks like a lamentable Labour government is looming. At least Smurf will be happy the Tories will have gone.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 25, 2024, 10:46:15 AM
My worry is the lies and propaganda coming from all directions with far too many of the electorate gullible enough to swallow it hook line and sinker. Even more worrying is the media/press not challenging the lies and propaganda.
Nothing to worry about, you'll have the same Westminster Party as before, as Sheepy calls it. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2024, 05:06:34 AM
I think we can safely say the Tories are up shit creek without a plunger!!

I am quite looking forward to a Labour government in a sick kind of way, A) to see them fail miserably under the worlds economic climate, B) I am in the process of retiring and going to live in Goa, where what they do will not impact me in the slightest.
My worry is the lies and propaganda coming from all directions with far too many of the electorate gullible enough to swallow it hook line and sinker. Even more worrying is the media/press not challenging the lies and propaganda.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

I think we can safely say the Tories are up shit creek without a plunger!!

I am quite looking forward to a Labour government in a sick kind of way, A) to see them fail miserably under the worlds economic climate, B) I am in the process of retiring and going to live in Goa, where what they do will not impact me in the slightest.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2023, 06:33:12 AM
With the Tories fighting amongst them selves like cats in a bag I can't see them winning the next general election. I suspect it will end no-one with a majority.
As I have siad elswhere ,the tories have a secret weapon ........A lurch to the right 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 03, 2023, 02:43:55 AM

Could be. Politics is a funny old game. But the latest polls have the Tories on 29% and the Labour Party on 43%, which is pretty much where they have been for the last year, so I reckon that Starmer will have to work hard to avoid moving into Number 10 in 2025.

With the Tories fighting amongst them selves like cats in a bag I can't see them winning the next general election. I suspect it will end no-one with a majority.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Red Rackham on October 03, 2023, 12:49:52 AM
Dont you believe it, 12 months ago the polls and 'expert' comentators were all predicting a Labour landslide. Today (Yesterday now) polling guru Professor John Curtice said Labour will probably win, but with a minority government. However there's a few months to go yet.

Sunak has at last realised that net zero aint popular with voters.

Could be. Politics is a funny old game. But the latest polls have the Tories on 29% and the Labour Party on 43%, which is pretty much where they have been for the last year, so I reckon that Starmer will have to work hard to avoid moving into Number 10 in 2025.

Algerie Francais !

Red Rackham

Quote from: Borchester on September 04, 2023, 12:39:58 PM

To be fair Nick, every clock is right at least once a day and it looks as though Pappy is right this time. I can't see Rishi getting back in next time, but then again I can't see Starmer making a lot of difference, so it will be the usual centralist government we have had most of the time since we have had governments

I wonder if the Scots will vote Dougie Ross back in again? The man seems a bit of a disaster area, but Moray seems to have a soft spot for the amiable buffoon, so who can tell ?
Dont you believe it, 12 months ago the polls and 'expert' comentators were all predicting a Labour landslide. Today (Yesterday now) polling guru Professor John Curtice said Labour will probably win, but with a minority government. However there's a few months to go yet.

Sunak has at last realised that net zero aint popular with voters.

Streetwalker

Quote from: morayloon on September 06, 2023, 07:28:34 AM
Don't think so. I've never heard Parkhead erupt in an anti Labour fervour. It is the Tories they don't like!
Give it time Union Flag

morayloon

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 06, 2023, 07:02:25 AM
Same as Celtic fans being anti UK government , that the tories are in charge is just a coincidence
Don't think so. I've never heard Parkhead erupt in an anti Labour fervour. It is the Tories they don't like!

Streetwalker

Quote from: morayloon on September 05, 2023, 11:50:53 PM
So, the Ultra Loyalist Brits are anti SNP, real news scoop that! 
Same as Celtic fans being anti UK government , that the tories are in charge is just a coincidence 

morayloon

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 05, 2023, 06:21:10 AM
A reminder that the football terraces will always say what people are thinking

So, the Ultra Loyalist Brits are anti SNP, real news scoop that!  

Streetwalker

Quote from: morayloon on September 04, 2023, 10:50:59 PM
Ross is backing out. He's going to become a full time, list MSP. I say full time but his job as a linesman has not to be forgotten. Have a look at the video, the Celtic fans totally nailed it, unfurling a banner to the accompaniment of that popular ditty "If you hate the fucking Tories clap your hands"
https://youtu.be/TsB9Bmix--A?si=SXZyQqOhd_dd5q3P
A reminder that the football terraces will always say what people are thinking 

morayloon

Quote from: Borchester on September 04, 2023, 12:39:58 PMI wonder if the Scots will vote Dougie Ross back in again? The man seems a bit of a disaster area, but Moray seems to have a soft spot for the amiable buffoon, so who can tell ?
Ross is backing out. He's going to become a full time, list MSP. I say full time but his job as a linesman has not to be forgotten. Have a look at the video, the Celtic fans totally nailed it, unfurling a banner to the accompaniment of that popular ditty "If you hate the fucking Tories clap your hands"
https://youtu.be/TsB9Bmix--A?si=SXZyQqOhd_dd5q3P

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 04, 2023, 07:22:08 AM
My opinion is based on reality not blind faith. The latest stuff up with the "aero" concrete, (which is far more than schools,) is yet another nail in the Tory coffin.
Do you know when the schools were built? And don't say it's due to maintenance cause inspection is not maintenance. So no, it's not down to the Torries, just your usual I HATE TORIES bollocks.