Just paid the telephone bill

Started by Borchester, September 04, 2023, 05:57:40 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

I pride myself as being the last man standing with regard being contactable while away from barracks . I found having a phone  just gave clients an excuse not to make their minds up , gave them the opportunity to get involved in stuff they knew nothing of along with thinking I worked till 10pm .
 Of course Mrs SW could phone me up when Im having a quiet pint not to mention the daily text with the shopping list of stuff she 'forgot' to get herself 

On the social side you used to arrange to meet people next  Monday week and bloody well turned up . These days its too easy for people to re-arrange , or even worse the last minute text saying sorry cant make it . 
One of my main gripes is when your in the club talking bollocks ,or winding someone up with fake news . Some tart will always 'Google it' and thats that .

Too many downsides to mobile phones for me but my Nokia flip (no internet) isn't too much of an intrusion 

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 04, 2023, 08:39:42 PM
Ah !  I think maybe the phone could be cheaper if you got it from the same place as your groceries . No thats wrong you get cheaper food with the clubcard points you get on your phone bill

Anyway get out of your chair you old fossil and go and do some weeding or something ,can't have people loafing about when there is work to be done .

Oddly enough and despite my luddite tendencies, I was an early adopter mobile phone wise. The first was a real old Carphone brick, which I actually carried in the panniers of my pushbike and it gave me masses of totally undeserved creditability in my business life because I could be reached at any time or place. But I was never interested in all the bells and whistles and always found my drug dealer phone adequate for my needs. And Herself manages to collect club points everytime I blow my nose, so we aren't missing out there.

And it has been said often enough before, but even if no one ever died of overwork, why take the risk ? :)

Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on September 04, 2023, 05:57:40 PM
Punched in Tesco's number and then that of my card and that was that.

Higher authority reckons we need more groceries so a list has been sent to Asda who will drop the stuff off in a day or so. And I have ordered some seeds, which suggests that sooner or later I will have to get out of my chair.

But not just yet

A while back I was talking to a friend who sighed that life was hard, whereupon I replied that he was being a dick because life had never been so soft.

:)
Ah !  I think maybe the phone could be cheaper if you got it from the same place as your groceries . No thats wrong you get cheaper food with the clubcard points you get on your phone bill 

Anyway get out of your chair you old fossil and go and do some weeding or something ,can't have people loafing about when there is work to be done .

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 04, 2023, 05:57:40 PM

Higher authority reckons we need more groceries so a list has been sent to Asda who will drop the stuff off in a day or so. And I have ordered some seeds, which suggests that sooner or later I will have to get out of my chair.

But not just yet

A while back I was talking to a friend who sighed that life was hard, whereupon I replied that he was being a dick because life had never been so soft.

The 14 million families in Britain in precarity would disagree with you.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

But not just yet

Algerie Francais !