UK likely to rejoin EU's Horizon science research scheme as full member.

Started by HDQQ, September 06, 2023, 10:48:49 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 08, 2023, 05:02:11 PM
Are you aware of what is going on Tony? It seems not.
It seems you are not aware of what is going on. (The latest is Sunak is backing away from the agreement because several hundred thousand more immigrants to Britain is a vote loser.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 08, 2023, 02:08:00 PM
Skilled people from India as  referenced earlier have been let in since 2018.
Are you aware of what is going on Tony? It seems not. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 08, 2023, 01:34:25 PM
Im sure Smurf is very interested in that Gerry lol
Skilled people from India as  referenced earlier have been let in since 2018. 

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 08, 2023, 01:31:46 PM
The x axis of the graph is years and the y axis is GDP growth %. WHat do you not understand.While 2022 gdp has fallen but its still 12% growth from the starting point in Jan to the finishing point in Dec. That's remarkable considering the previous yr (2021) say a 14% growth on 2020. And you talk of recession :D. At best a technical recession (quarter on quarter drop, but our forcast for '23 and '23 is for growth, not recession. Like I said, prob the best performing country in Europe.

The UK is negotiating a trade deal with India, UK wants access to India market. India wants Visas for its people. Do you know the particulars of that deal...no. But your convinced its for India to ship its best educated to the UK :D  thats up there with asking about the recession in Ireland !
It stands to reason that India wants to send graduates and lesser skilled peoples that are a burden on their society so they can learn in the UK and bring back that knowledge. If you knew anything about India you would know this is the holy grail for most Indian graduates. I know this because I'm heavily involved with that process. Graduates only come if they gain skills and they generally want to get back to India to use those skills and better their life in India.

Brexit, just keeps on giving.
Im sure Smurf is very interested in that Gerry lol

GerryT

Quote from: papasmurf on September 08, 2023, 07:18:59 AM
So effectively, given the abject poverty in India only the rich, (for India,) can afford medical treatment.

(Actually very basic health care is free for Indian citizens.)  An Indian eye surgeon working for the NHS in Cornwall carried out both of my cataract operations, very successfully.
The x axis of the graph is years and the y axis is GDP growth %. WHat do you not understand.While 2022 gdp has fallen but its still 12% growth from the starting point in Jan to the finishing point in Dec. That's remarkable considering the previous yr (2021) say a 14% growth on 2020. And you talk of recession :D. At best a technical recession (quarter on quarter drop, but our forcast for '23 and '23 is for growth, not recession. Like I said, prob the best performing country in Europe.

The UK is negotiating a trade deal with India, UK wants access to India market. India wants Visas for its people. Do you know the particulars of that deal...no. But your convinced its for India to ship its best educated to the UK :D  thats up there with asking about the recession in Ireland !
It stands to reason that India wants to send graduates and lesser skilled peoples that are a burden on their society so they can learn in the UK and bring back that knowledge. If you knew anything about India you would know this is the holy grail for most Indian graduates. I know this because I'm heavily involved with that process. Graduates only come if they gain skills and they generally want to get back to India to use those skills and better their life in India.

Brexit, just keeps on giving.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 08, 2023, 07:18:59 AM
So effectively, given the abject poverty in India only the rich, (for India,) can afford medical treatment.

(Actually very basic health care is free for Indian citizens.)  An Indian eye surgeon working for the NHS in Cornwall carried out both of my cataract operations, very successfully.
There are country wide charities run by the government and extensively funded by Mr Tata, remember, the man you say is no good. Strangely enough, the people of India have nothing but good to say about him, but I digress. 
Remember me asking you if you think you're worse off than your grand parents? The question you ducked! I guarantee you 90% of India is worse off than you or them, yet you cry poverty for yourself and the rest of the great unwashed. 
The average Indian lives on about 100 rupees a day, that's about £1. You should think about that before complaining about what you spend on stuff. 
To get back on track, no, these people will not be coming picking fruit in the fields of the U.K., they have nearly got the resources to survive the day. You ask for proof that it will be skilled workers like DR's getting these VISA's, who else do you think will be coming to the U.K.? How many Indian beggars do you see on the streets of the U.K.? None, they're all either Brits or professional Eastern European beggars. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 08, 2023, 06:33:29 AM
You know nothing about India, they have a Doctors surgery, mainly run out of their home, every 100 meters. I got bitten by a street dog whilst o was there a couple of weeks ago, it cost me £9 for a course of 3 jabs and £3 to have the DR give me the jabs. The one resource India has to offer is people, and the U.K. will take skilled people. What planet are you on to think the U.K. will give VISA's to India to arbitrarily pass around?
BTW, your graph is useless, it has no title to say what it is.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 08, 2023, 01:07:34 AM
Have you details of the scheme proposed. I think you'll prob find India don't really want to broker a deal to encourage its brightest and best to leave their country. So yes I think these visas will be the gift of the Indian Govt to hand out as they see fit. The control you're talking about is being gifted away so you can secure a trade deal. Just like the AUstralian trade deal, which brought practically zero add to UK GDP but the farmers of the UK were sold down the swanny.
The penny will drop some day, the UK is really a small player, its not an emerging market like Africa/India/China and its not a major player like USA, EU, China. So its position will be in many cases a rule taker.

Recession :) :) You prob picked the worst country to throw that at. IRL GDP has been performing exceptionally well compared to all European countries, we are forecasting 5.5% this yr and 5% next year. They're  good numbers, just because we can't keep the 12% of last year or the exceptional 24% of 2015. Whats the UK forecasting 0.4% this yr and 0.3% next yr. Next you'll be saying the UK is doing better as you're only falling 0.1% year on year while IRL projects 0.5% drop.

You know nothing about India, they have a Doctors surgery, mainly run out of their home, every 100 meters. I got bitten by a street dog whilst o was there a couple of weeks ago, it cost me £9 for a course of 3 jabs and £3 to have the DR give me the jabs. The one resource India has to offer is people, and the U.K. will take skilled people. What planet are you on to think the U.K. will give VISA's to India to arbitrarily pass around? 
BTW, your graph is useless, it has no title to say what it is. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 07, 2023, 05:41:26 PM
It is control Gerry, they won't be free to enter without a visa and work for buttons, all shoved in a chicken shed on a farm. They will be registered as being in the country, not all countries want to be like Ireland with countless Middle Eastern beggars on every corner. How's your recession going BTW?
Have you details of the scheme proposed. I think you'll prob find India don't really want to broker a deal to encourage its brightest and best to leave their country. So yes I think these visas will be the gift of the Indian Govt to hand out as they see fit. The control you're talking about is being gifted away so you can secure a trade deal. Just like the AUstralian trade deal, which brought practically zero add to UK GDP but the farmers of the UK were sold down the swanny.
The penny will drop some day, the UK is really a small player, its not an emerging market like Africa/India/China and its not a major player like USA, EU, China. So its position will be in many cases a rule taker.

Recession :) :) You prob picked the worst country to throw that at. IRL GDP has been performing exceptionally well compared to all European countries, we are forecasting 5.5% this yr and 5% next year. Their good numbers, just because we can't keep the 12% of last year or the exceptional 24% of 2015. Whats the UK forecasting 0.4% this yr and 0.3% next yr. Next you'll be saying the UK is doing better as you're only falling 0.1% year on year while IRL projects 0.5% drop.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2023, 05:48:57 PM
Evidence please Nick.  (Indian Doctors can already come into the country as it is.)

Doctors and nurses to be taken out of Tier 2 visa cap - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Published15 June 2018
As part of a long-term government plan for the NHS, more details of which will be set out in due course, doctors and nurses are to be excluded from the cap on skilled worker visas.

The move will mean there will be no restriction on the numbers of doctors and nurses who can be employed through the Tier 2 visa route – giving the ability to recruit more international doctors and nurses to provide outstanding patient care when required.
The Tier 2 visa route, which has had an annual cap of 20,700 since 2011, has in recent months seen the number of applications exceed the monthly allocation of available places.
This has been driven, in large part, by demand from the NHS, which accounts for around 40% of all Tier 2 places.
The change will be outlined in the Immigration Rules laid before Parliament today.
As well as providing a boost to the NHS, it will also free up hundreds of additional places a month within the cap for other highly skilled occupations, such as engineers, IT professionals and teachers.

Show me evidence it won't be mainly Doctors. 
Which manual labourers in India do you think have the money to come 4500 miles around the world?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 07, 2023, 05:41:26 PM
It is control Gerry, they won't be free to enter without a visa and work for buttons, all shoved in a chicken shed on a farm. They will be registered as being in the country, not all countries want to be like Ireland with countless Middle Eastern beggars on every corner. How's your recession going BTW?
Evidence please Nick.  (Indian Doctors can already come into the country as it is.)

Doctors and nurses to be taken out of Tier 2 visa cap - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Published15 June 2018
As part of a long-term government plan for the NHS, more details of which will be set out in due course, doctors and nurses are to be excluded from the cap on skilled worker visas.

The move will mean there will be no restriction on the numbers of doctors and nurses who can be employed through the Tier 2 visa route – giving the ability to recruit more international doctors and nurses to provide outstanding patient care when required.
The Tier 2 visa route, which has had an annual cap of 20,700 since 2011, has in recent months seen the number of applications exceed the monthly allocation of available places.
This has been driven, in large part, by demand from the NHS, which accounts for around 40% of all Tier 2 places.
The change will be outlined in the Immigration Rules laid before Parliament today.
As well as providing a boost to the NHS, it will also free up hundreds of additional places a month within the cap for other highly skilled occupations, such as engineers, IT professionals and teachers.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 07, 2023, 04:12:01 PM
It sounds more like India will have access to a number of visa's which doesn't fall under the new "we control our border" visa programme that UK is implementing. Prob similar to the free access the EU countries had to the UK, so instead of an EU doctor, you'll now have an indian doctor. Instead of an EU fruit picker you'll have an indian fruit picker. That's what you call taking back control.  It's what Sunak has to do to get that trade deal he needs.  I wonder will the Indian free visa's have the same restriction that the UK had with EU immigrants when the UK was an EU member, i.e. the UK could immediately send any EU national back to where they came unless they had money to support themselves or proof of a Job.
It is control Gerry, they won't be free to enter without a visa and work for buttons, all shoved in a chicken shed on a farm. They will be registered as being in the country, not all countries want to be like Ireland with countless Middle Eastern beggars on every corner. How's your recession going BTW?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2023, 03:35:54 PM
Evidence for that please or is just another of your opinions? (Personally in my opinion I suspect it will be  address the shortage of chefs/cooks in Indian Takeaways/Restaurants.)
Well once again you're wrong, and if you knew anything about Indian restaurants and history you would know that over 90% of Indian restaurants were in fact Bangladeshi, brought to the U.K. to cook for the Indians.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 07, 2023, 02:07:17 PM
And these immigrants as you call them will be Doctors and Surgeons, not Taylor's and Chai Wallah's.
It sounds more like India will have access to a number of visa's which doesn't fall under the new "we control our border" visa programme that UK is implementing. Prob similar to the free access the EU countries had to the UK, so instead of an EU doctor, you'll now have an indian doctor. Instead of an EU fruit picker you'll have an indian fruit picker. That's what you call taking back control.  It's what Sunak has to do to get that trade deal he needs.  I wonder will the Indian free visa's have the same restriction that the UK had with EU immigrants when the UK was an EU member, i.e. the UK could immediately send any EU national back to where they came unless they had money to support themselves or proof of a Job.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 07, 2023, 02:07:17 PM
And these immigrants as you call them will be Doctors and Surgeons, not Taylor's and Chai Wallah's.
Evidence for that please or is just another of your opinions? (Personally in my opinion I suspect it will be  address the shortage of chefs/cooks in Indian Takeaways/Restaurants.)