Wandsworth prison - where fugitive escaped from - 'really needs closing', says chief inspector

Started by SKY News, September 09, 2023, 07:00:29 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2023, 11:56:18 AM
Precisely. (Other than wreck the judicial system and the probation system, the legacies of Failing Grayling.)

When I said feck all , I meant feck all not other than ...ect  ect  . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 11, 2023, 11:35:52 AM
The Tory government have done feck all
Precisely. (Other than wreck the judicial system and the probation system, the legacies of Failing Grayling.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2023, 10:45:34 AM
Sorry mate is it people like you and the Tory government who have caused the problems.
The Tory government have done feck all .No different to any other recent governments using  prisons as social clubs and half way houses to letting convicts out into society to re-offend .

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2023, 08:00:35 AM
That attitude is why the suicide rate in prisons is so high and why the recidivism rate is so high.
If they don't like it, keep their noses clean. Simple!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 11, 2023, 10:44:06 AM
Re-offending is easly cured , don't let them out . Not for some time anyway ,its a symptom of light sentancing .

Why people want to experdite their journey to the never never  is anyones guess ,if they can't handle being in nick and they know what awaits them inside  maybe they wont be so keen on going  there .
Sorry mate is it people like you and the Tory government who have caused the problems.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2023, 08:00:35 AM
That attitude is why the suicide rate in prisons is so high and why the recidivism rate is so high.
Re-offending is easly cured , don't let them out . Not for some time anyway ,its a symptom of light sentancing .

Why people want to experdite their journey to the never never  is anyones guess ,if they can't handle being in nick and they know what awaits them inside  maybe they wont be so keen on going  there . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 10, 2023, 09:09:32 PM
In my book prisons should be hell holes

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 10, 2023, 08:04:44 PM
It is NOT a perfectly good prison, it is a hell hole that should have been shut decades ago, along with all the prisons as old. I stated or repurposed. Video at link:-

Wandsworth prison 'really needs closing', says chief inspector of prisons | UK News | Sky News

Thursday 7 September 2023 19:04, UK

Wandsworth prison 'really needs closing', says chief inspector of prisons
In my book prisons should be hell holes 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 10, 2023, 07:43:52 PM
Why should it be bulldozered? Its a perfectly good prison .
It is NOT a perfectly good prison, it is a hell hole that should have been shut decades ago, along with all the prisons as old. I stated or repurposed. Video at link:-

Wandsworth prison 'really needs closing', says chief inspector of prisons | UK News | Sky News

Thursday 7 September 2023 19:04, UK

Wandsworth prison 'really needs closing', says chief inspector of prisons

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 10, 2023, 07:57:54 AM
Back in the 1950s exactly the same escape method was used. As for the building like more or less all of the old prisons it should have been bulldozed/repurposed a very long time ago. Prison officers wages are low, there are far too few of them, there is more or less no rehabilitation being carried out. One of Failing Grayling's legacies was too screw up the probation system. There is also very poor aftercare when prisoners are released which is a factor in the high recidivism rate.
Why should it be bulldozered? Its a perfectly good prison . Just need to return to the days when the biggest gang in the prison was the gaurds and we might get back to having punnishments ,which what prison shoud be , that make re offending not something convicts would think about .  Would also save a hell of a lot of money on probation and rehabilitation . 

All prisoners need is a hard time of it and somewhere to live when they get out .What are they going to do , return to 4 in a cell built for one with a good hiding if they step out of line or  a chance to not be a tosser .

papasmurf

Back in the 1950s exactly the same escape method was used. As for the building like more or less all of the old prisons it should have been bulldozed/repurposed a very long time ago. Prison officers wages are low, there are far too few of them, there is more or less no rehabilitation being carried out. One of Failing Grayling's legacies was too screw up the probation system. There is also very poor aftercare when prisoners are released which is a factor in the high recidivism rate.

Streetwalker

The problem with our prisons is that people like Charlie Taylor have too much of a say in how they are run

SKY News

Wandsworth prison - where fugitive escaped from - 'really needs closing', says chief inspector

The jail from which terror suspect Daniel Abed Khalife escaped "really needs closing ultimately", the chief inspector of prisons has said.

Source: Wandsworth prison - where fugitive escaped from - 'really needs closing', says chief inspector