Low pay at Border Force creates 'breeding ground' for corruption, watchdog says

Started by papasmurf, September 10, 2023, 08:09:23 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2023, 11:02:40 AM
Nick, actually quite good in your opinion. I would also point out it is NOT a rubbish article, it is from an official report.

Pay, more at link.:-
Border Force officer job profile | Prospects.ac.uk

Salary

• Salaries for entry level and apprenticeship Border Force roles are typically in the region of £22,400 per year.
  • As a Border Force officer, you could earn £25,750 to £31,950, depending on your location in the UK.
  • Senior Border Force officers can earn between £37,500 and £42,000.

So what if it's from an official report, it's written by an independent magazine and the reason they haven't included salaries is because they are reasonably good and it doesn't conform to the article. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2023, 10:47:30 AM
What an absolute garbage article. Doesn't once mention the pay at border force, which is actually quite good,
Nick, actually quite good in your opinion. I would also point out it is NOT a rubbish article, it is from an official report.

Pay, more at link.:-
Border Force officer job profile | Prospects.ac.uk

Salary

• Salaries for entry level and apprenticeship Border Force roles are typically in the region of £22,400 per year.
  • As a Border Force officer, you could earn £25,750 to £31,950, depending on your location in the UK.
  • Senior Border Force officers can earn between £37,500 and £42,000.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 10, 2023, 08:09:23 PM
This comes as no surprise to me whatsoever, more at link:-

Low pay at Border Force creates 'breeding ground' for corruption, watchdog says (civilserviceworld.com)

08 Sep 2023

Report also flags 'confused' leadership structures, unclear accountability and poor morale as concerns

A probe into Border Force's ability to identify and respond to corruption among its own staff has found work is hampered by "confused" civil service leadership structures, while poor pay and a lack of engagement are acting as a "breeding ground" for criminal behaviour.
Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration David Neal's investigation into so-called "insider threat" focused on the risk that an "unscrupulous minority" of Border Force staff will abuse their access to data, property, and contraband to commit criminal acts.
The investigation was conducted between January and March and its findings were presented to home secretary Suella Braverman at the end of May, however Neal's report was only published yesterday – and in redacted form.
Neal said recent high-profile criminal cases involving serving Metropolitan Police officers showed areas where lessons should be learned. He said missed opportunities for early-intervention at the Met had led to officers staying in post and carrying out serious crimes. He cautioned: "There is potential for the same to be true in Border Force."

What an absolute garbage article. Doesn't once mention the pay at border force, which is actually quite good, the article headline 'low pay breeding ground for corruption' is another load of bollocks cause in the article it says this:- "There is potential for the same to be true in Border Force."

£33K when trained is not bad for a job which involves 6 weeks training, again, more than the armed forces. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 10, 2023, 09:14:43 PM
Led by donkeys , the border force isnt fit for purpose and needs a complete overhaul
A relative of mine's husband would agree with you and he works for Border Force. (The overtime is paying their mortgage though.)

Streetwalker

Led by donkeys , the border force isnt fit for purpose and needs a complete overhaul 

papasmurf

This comes as no surprise to me whatsoever, more at link:-

Low pay at Border Force creates 'breeding ground' for corruption, watchdog says (civilserviceworld.com)

08 Sep 2023

Report also flags 'confused' leadership structures, unclear accountability and poor morale as concerns

A probe into Border Force's ability to identify and respond to corruption among its own staff has found work is hampered by "confused" civil service leadership structures, while poor pay and a lack of engagement are acting as a "breeding ground" for criminal behaviour.
Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration David Neal's investigation into so-called "insider threat" focused on the risk that an "unscrupulous minority" of Border Force staff will abuse their access to data, property, and contraband to commit criminal acts.
The investigation was conducted between January and March and its findings were presented to home secretary Suella Braverman at the end of May, however Neal's report was only published yesterday – and in redacted form.
Neal said recent high-profile criminal cases involving serving Metropolitan Police officers showed areas where lessons should be learned. He said missed opportunities for early-intervention at the Met had led to officers staying in post and carrying out serious crimes. He cautioned: "There is potential for the same to be true in Border Force."