Time to ban the Bully ?

Started by Streetwalker, September 11, 2023, 01:08:06 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2023, 10:46:50 AM
You assumed Indian curry, I never mentioned Indian, merely curry.
In fact curry is not an Indian word. It originates in Britain in a book the The Forme of Cury , with 196 recipes.  The text is thought to have been written at the end of the 14th century by the master-cooks of Richard II (r. 1377–1399)

And Richard II died of starvation, which does not say much for his cooks
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2023, 12:23:11 PM
You called me a racist for no reason. I do not accept that as it is a lie.
You attacked a countries culture and food out of sheer bigotry, and then tried to squirm your way out of it when challenged. That by definition is racist, end of conversation. Another derailed thread by you. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 18, 2023, 12:00:37 PM
I am fully aware of the origins of the word Curry, I've actually been to India. I'm not interested in you trying to move the goal posts either.
You called me a racist for no reason. I do not accept that as it is a lie.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2023, 10:46:50 AM
In fact curry is not an Indian word. It originates in Britain in a book the The Forme of Cury , with 196 recipes.  The text is thought to have been written at the end of the 14th century by the master-cooks of Richard II (r. 1377–1399)
I am fully aware of the origins of the word Curry, I've actually been to India. I'm not interested in you trying to move the goal posts either. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 18, 2023, 10:44:45 AM
I have never seen Indian Curry served from a catering van, and we were talking about Indian food, you're just trying to squirm out of your initial post.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2023, 10:37:13 AM
Not at all, any "roach coach" (catering truck,) food needs to be approached with caution, no racism involved. (Based on many years of experience.) It far too often ends up with a long stay in the toilet.
I have never seen Indian Curry served from a catering van, and we were talking about Indian food, you're just trying to squirm out of your initial post. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 18, 2023, 10:09:56 AM
That's cause you're small minded and racist.
Not at all, any "roach coach" (catering truck,) food needs to be approached with caution, no racism involved. (Based on many years of experience.) It far too often ends up with a long stay in the toilet.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2023, 03:51:48 PM
I don't eat "roach coach" curry.
That's cause you're small minded and racist.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2023, 10:05:31 AM
I was speaking about food in India, you interjected about not eating curry, 
I don't eat "roach coach" curry. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on September 16, 2023, 09:59:49 AM
I'd support banning the American Bully if it's felt necessary. However, I would not support a cull of existing dogs. Instead there could be compulsory neutering and an import ban so that the Bully would disappear from UK humanely over a period of a few years.

Imagine if someone bred a dog with jaws twice as big as a Bully and a temperament twice as aggressive. There has to be a line drawn somewhere!
I would cull the lot of them . They are the offspring of the banned pitbull so in effect they were illegally imported , bred and sold . Anyone who owns one of these dogs is an idiot and should be prosecuted for any damage /harm that they do as if they had done it themselves 
The line has already been crossed with these dogs , the breeders have bred these to be aggressive and as big as they could get them 

HDQQ

I'd support banning the American Bully if it's felt necessary. However, I would not support a cull of existing dogs. Instead there could be compulsory neutering and an import ban so that the Bully would disappear from UK humanely over a period of a few years. 

Imagine if someone bred a dog with jaws twice as big as a Bully and a temperament twice as aggressive. There has to be a line drawn somewhere!
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2023, 07:52:32 AM
I was NOT commenting about food in foreign countries. (So your personal attack was totally unwarranted.) "Roach coach," food is notorious in Britain, although it has got better in recent years.  As someone commented some years ago about the catering at motorcycle rallies he was fed up with:- " Donkeys's Undercarriage burgers."
Back when I was a Juggernaut Pilot in the 1970 a "Roach Coach," curry was to be avoided as I found out personally.
I was speaking about food in India, you interjected about not eating curry, therefore you were talking about food in India. It could have been your usual strawman, and you were derailing another post. Which was it?
As for personal attack, saying you are attacking a countries culture is not an attack, the fact you are that weak you see everything as an attack speaks volumes.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2023, 08:28:14 PM
More prejudice nonsense based on zero real world experience. Indian cuisine is some of the best and healthiest on the planet, the fact you don't know that says a lot about your diet.
I was NOT commenting about food in foreign countries. (So your personal attack was totally unwarranted.) "Roach coach," food is notorious in Britain, although it has got better in recent years.  As someone commented some years ago about the catering at motorcycle rallies he was fed up with:- " Donkeys's Undercarriage burgers."
Back when I was a Juggernaut Pilot in the 1970 a "Roach Coach," curry was to be avoided as I found out personally.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 13, 2023, 04:42:18 PM
Personally I avoid "roach coaches" selling curries that look the same colour going in as they do coming out.
More prejudice nonsense based on zero real world experience. Indian cuisine is some of the best and healthiest on the planet, the fact you don't know that says a lot about your diet. 

Streetwalker

So moving on 
Will American XL bully dogs be banned in the UK? | Evening Standard

Im still going for a general phase out of the XL type dogs with muzzels in public