End of the triple lock ?

Started by Borchester, September 12, 2023, 06:34:05 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2023, 10:45:56 AM
I know people that used to work at Horwich Loco works, that closed in the 1983, and they have not worked since due to some mystery disability. Doesn't stop them going to the gym every day.
There you go Nick you have just admitted you don't know. Many disabilities are invisible  and going to a gym is often used as theraphy for disabilities under the National exercise referral scheme.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2023, 10:42:18 AM
I just said long term sick has its own category. So what is other if it's not people sucking and diving?
What make you think it is  people sucking and diving? (Given your lack of knowledge of the hostile environment of the Government, the DWP, JobCentre Plus, DWP contractors, the right wing media and the general public towards benefits claimants, the latter fueled by anti claimant lies and propaganda.)
I really would like you to provide a link to peer reviewed evidence to back up your contention and implication there are millions of "scroungers/layabouts."

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 13, 2023, 10:17:07 AM
So we both know people that don't exist :o  Thank feck for that I was starting to think I was going mad .  Keep this to yourself Borky but  (whispers quietly) I can see them as well .

Still can't see Richie Rich pissing off the pensioners with the election coming up too much . The inflation protection 8% will probably settle at around 5% and everyone will be happy enough
I know people that used to work at Horwich Loco works, that closed in the 1983, and they have not worked since due to some mystery disability. Doesn't stop them going to the gym every day. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 13, 2023, 09:46:46 AM
Long term sick is a different category.  A few scroungers and bone idle bastards exist but not in the millions you and the Tory government imply. They are also not all on benefit.  I was asked often in the past, how many people work where you work. My reply was about half of them. (In some cases that was an underestimate.)
I just said long term sick has its own category. So what is other if it's not people sucking and diving?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on September 12, 2023, 07:39:11 PM
That does sound like some people I know :)
So we both know people that don't exist :o   Thank feck for that I was starting to think I was going mad .  Keep this to yourself Borky but  (whispers quietly) I can see them as well .

Still can't see Richie Rich pissing off the pensioners with the election coming up too much . The inflation protection 8% will probably settle at around 5% and everyone will be happy enough 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2023, 09:37:26 AM
Which comes under long term sick, and not other.
You continuously denying there are people who have never worked and don't want to doesn't make it wrong. These people exist whether you like to admit not or not.
Long term sick is a different category.  A few scroungers and bone idle bastards exist but not in the millions you and the Tory government imply. They are also not all on benefit.  I was asked often in the past, how many people work where you work. My reply was about half of them. (In some cases that was an underestimate.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 13, 2023, 09:26:31 AM
So what. A clue is 7.6 million on NHS waiting lists, a significant number of whom not able to work until they have had surgery or other medical treatment.
Which comes under long term sick, and not other. 
You continuously denying there are people who have never worked and don't want to doesn't make it wrong. These people exist whether you like to admit not or not. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 12, 2023, 08:38:58 PM
And 10% of your graph just says OTHER!!
So what. A clue is 7.6 million on NHS waiting lists, a significant number of whom not able to work until they have had surgery or other medical treatment.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2023, 07:48:22 PM
That is not quantifying the contention of people being on benefit all of their lives.
A more detailed analysis of the economically inactive live chart at link:-

UK economic inactivity by reason 2023 | Statista
And 10% of your graph just says OTHER!!

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 12, 2023, 07:35:32 PM
Unemployment: Who are the millions of Britons not working? - BBC News
That is not quantifying the contention of people being on benefit all of their lives.
A more detailed analysis of the economically inactive live chart at link:-

UK economic inactivity by reason 2023 | Statista

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 12, 2023, 07:21:52 PM
We will Borky but its no suprise to me that it might be coming to an end (pensioner next year ).  Labour will no doubt means test it ,anyone thats saved will get feck all until they are skint and they will make us grovel for anything while people who have been on benefits all their lives will just crack on  and someone will have to remind them they are 70 as they have been off their heads  since they left school and probably think they are only 55
That does sound like some people I know :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

papasmurf

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on September 12, 2023, 06:34:05 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/pension-triple-lock-rayner-rishi-b2409903.html

A sad blow for the Layabout Army, although I dare say that those of us who have worked hard and put aside a modest competence will

survive
We will Borky but its no suprise to me that it might be coming to an end (pensioner next year ).  Labour will no doubt means test it ,anyone thats saved will get feck all until they are skint and they will make us grovel for anything while people who have been on benefits all their lives will just crack on  and someone will have to remind them they are 70 as they have been off their heads  since they left school and probably think they are only 55

Borchester

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/pension-triple-lock-rayner-rishi-b2409903.html

A sad blow for the Layabout Army, although I dare say that those of us who have worked hard and put aside a modest competence will

survive
Algerie Francais !