End of the triple lock ?

Started by Borchester, September 12, 2023, 06:34:05 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2023, 08:22:03 AM
The basic state pension in Britain is still low in comparison to our near neighbours in Europe and their retirement age is lower than ours.
I dont know but do the cheese eating surrender monkey's get pension credits , free bus passes ,winter fuel allowances ,discounted rates , free prescriptions  and suchlike  ?

I don't think we do do bad when its all added up 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2023, 10:00:46 AM
That's because they pay considerably more in.
Really? Evidence please for the considerably.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 14, 2023, 08:22:03 AM
The basic state pension in Britain is still low in comparison to our near neighbours in Europe and their retirement age is lower than ours.
That's because they pay considerably more in. If you want a bigger pension you should prepare for your old age and have a private pension, or bricks and mortar. Very simple economics, if you put FA in, you get FA out. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 14, 2023, 08:08:07 AM
Triple lock has to end sometime. It is unsustainable. Anyone with two braincells can see that.

Surprised the Tories don't hang on to it and let labour be the ones to cancel it though.

BeElBeeBub

Triple lock has to end sometime. It is unsustainable. Anyone with two braincells can see that.

Surprised the Tories don't hang on to it and let labour be the ones to cancel it though. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2023, 08:24:37 PM
@@@ADMIN@@@

Post by Smurf unapproved. Same as usual, accusing posters of not keeping up with news, even when photographic evidence is presented.
Photographic "evidence," from one supermarket taken by a poster does not constitute evidence of the national and ongoing shortage situation which is well documented, researched and public domain.

Nick

@@@ADMIN@@@

Post by Smurf unapproved. Same as usual, accusing posters of not keeping up with news, even when photographic evidence is presented.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2023, 04:53:06 PM
Sorry but you have not seen their shopping baskets so you have no idea if they have experienced food shortages

Nick but I have seen the widespread reporting of shortages which has been in depth and detail and is ongoing. (Supermarkets report it as well as does related suppliers and producers.) It is it not my problem that you do not keep up with news and current affairs.
This afternoon the nearest Tesco to me had 30 empty shelves in the fruit and veg area. The fresh meat and fresh fish counters have been shut for months. The Sainsburys had very few bananas left, there were other empty shelves.
The shortages are real and ongoing than you are totally unaware is frankly a self inflicted injury.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 13, 2023, 12:23:00 PM
That is NOT evidence. Sorry it just is not, you have not seen their medical records. As for empty Supermarket shelves that has been nationally reported on since Brexit and have been ongoing ever since all over  Britain. That you keep your eyes shut when shopping is not my problem.  Every supermarket where I live has had shortages and empty shelves for various products since Brexit as they have nationally.
It may change from week to week but shortages and empty shelves there are. (The shortage of UHT milk seems to have eased recently, but the two recent disasters in Morocco and Libya may change that.)

Food Shortages 2023: Why UK is suffering? | FruPro Blog
Sorry but you have not seen their shopping baskets so you have no idea if they have experienced food shortages, nor have you spoken to any of them so your testimony is worth zilch. As for food shortages or lack of in YOUR local Tesco, I have  photographic evidence, that you will no doubt poo poo. 
Also food menus from a Pub near you, where you stated that I'd not be able to get food from pubs due to shortages. All complete bollocks. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2023, 12:09:16 PM
I don't need access to their medical records, I speak to them.
That is NOT evidence. Sorry it just is not, you have not seen their medical records. As for empty Supermarket shelves that has been nationally reported on since Brexit and have been ongoing ever since all over  Britain. That you keep your eyes shut when shopping is not my problem.  Every supermarket where I live has had shortages and empty shelves for various products since Brexit as they have nationally.
It may change from week to week but shortages and empty shelves there are. (The shortage of UHT milk seems to have eased recently, but the two recent disasters in Morocco and Libya may change that.)

Food Shortages 2023: Why UK is suffering? | FruPro Blog

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 13, 2023, 11:10:11 AM
You wrote:- "I know people that used to work at Horwich Loco works, that closed in the 1983, and they have not worked since due to some mystery disability. Doesn't stop them going to the gym every day."

Unless you have had access to their medical records you don't have  a clue you are making totally unfounded comments.
If you actually knew about that Loco Works, you would know there is a lot of long term industrial illness as the aftermath. (Which is well documented.)
I don't need access to their medical records, I speak to them. As for the Loco works, I live a mile and a half away and my dad worked there for a while. So I think I know more about it that you, who doesn't even know when your local Tesco has stuff on the shelves. 
It was a foundry, there was silica in the air all the time, of course people got sick, but not everyone. The people I know didn't work in the foundry, they worked as fitters. Sooner you start accepting what people know to be fact instead of telling them they're wrong, the less grief you will get. 

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2023, 11:02:12 AM
Where have I admitted I don't know?
A) you don't know the people in question so can't comment, B) They laugh about it openly that they are conning the system. You really can't be that cabbage looking?

The point is that Pappy's friends are not only layabouts, they are contemptuous of anyone who does a day's work. Maybe we should have a special day when ordinary folk will be allowed to stone Pappy's scumbag friends and vent some of their frustration. I have to say that sort of thing would be fun and the decent working men and women in this country deserve a treat.

But it won't solve anything because Pappy's beloved Benefit army lacks sufficient self respect to feel any shame. So the best we can do is keep the dole as low as possible and maybe pass a law whereby the penalty for complaining about the level of benefits is to have the complainant's  tongue nailed to the door of the local DHS

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 13, 2023, 11:02:12 AM
You wrote:- "I know people that used to work at Horwich Loco works, that closed in the 1983, and they have not worked since due to some mystery disability. Doesn't stop them going to the gym every day."

Unless you have had access to their medical records you don't have  a clue you are making totally unfounded comments. 
If you actually knew about that Loco Works, you would know there is a lot of long term industrial illness as the aftermath. (Which is well documented.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 13, 2023, 10:57:06 AM
There you go Nick you have just admitted you don't know. Many disabilities are invisible  and going to a gym is often used as theraphy for disabilities under the National exercise referral scheme.
A) you don't know the people in question so can't comment, B) They laugh about it openly that they are conning the system. You really can't be that cabbage looking?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 13, 2023, 10:50:14 AM
What make you think it is people sucking and diving? (Given your lack of knowledge of the hostile environment of the Government, the DWP, JobCentre Plus, DWP contractors, the right wing media and the general public towards benefits claimants, the latter fueled by anti claimant lies and propaganda.)
I really would like you to provide a link to peer reviewed evidence to back up your contention and implication there are millions of "scroungers/layabouts."

I'll provide a link when you quote me as saying there are millions of scroungers. 
In the meantime, you provide a link proving that there are not lots of these scroungers around.