Will Lampedusa make it harder for Starmer's hard migrant rhetoric to pay off?

Started by SKY News, September 18, 2023, 01:00:32 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 18, 2023, 08:00:46 PM
But people smugglers only exist because there is a demand.  They don't create demand only fulfil it.

As long as that demand exists, people smugglers will appear to satisfy it.
That's not strictly correct, if I tipped up in Gambia and made it known I could get people to the U.K. where the streets are paved in gold there would be many people interested. I've just created that route and demand, there weren't hundreds of people standing around looking for that route. These traffickers sell the dream and exploit the seed they have planted, and as Smurf said, until the traffickers are dealt with there is no hope of stopping it. Life sentence for trafficking, then they might think. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2023, 01:59:41 PM
Until the people traffickers are sorted out, nothing will change.
But people smugglers only exist because there is a demand.  They don't create demand only fulfil it. 

As long as that demand exists, people smugglers will appear to satisfy it. 

papasmurf

Quote from: SKY News  on September 18, 2023, 01:00:32 PM

Turning the policy spotlight to immigration will always be a risk for a Labour leader, and this week's announcement proved no different.

Source: Will Lampedusa make it harder for Starmer's hard migrant rhetoric to pay off?
Until the people traffickers are sorted out, nothing will change.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

SKY News

Turning the policy spotlight to immigration will always be a risk for a Labour leader, and this week's announcement proved no different.

Source: Will Lampedusa make it harder for Starmer's hard migrant rhetoric to pay off?