Main Menu

Brand

Started by Nick, September 20, 2023, 12:44:22 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Re Brand. He is being accused of all sorts of dubious sexual shenanigans, but I still believe that whatever we think of any particular individual - whether we love them or hate them - they are still entitled to be presumed innocent until or unless convicted in a court of law.

Having said that, newspapers have openly placed some alleged stuff about him on their front pages, wholly aware that he is likely to be able to command the financial resources to sue the arses off them if it is untrue. So it seems to me they must be pretty confident about their facts.

And the fact that thus far he appears not to have initiated any attempted legal action for libel or defamation or anything like that, also would tend to add weight to any suspicions. But we cannot rule out him waiting for some form of legal exoneration to give him a far more powerful case for legal action later.

So I guess we just have to wonder and suspect whatever we will, but must await any legal outcomes before we can reach any firm conclusions. It wouldnt surprise me if a character such as he turned out to be guilty. But neither would it surprise me all that much if he were proved innocent.

So before I condemn or exonerate, I await the verdict of a jury. I think we would all be wise to do the same.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 05, 2023, 06:53:52 AM
That post belongs in area 51

Sure it does, because you can't justify his doublespeak.  Obviously when he says the flu is a very serious national crisis which needs Tony Blair and the army to solve, for you, that makes perfect sense.  😥
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on October 04, 2023, 09:47:49 PM
I know very well what Farage said.  He lied.  He said Covid was the flu.  So then why would lockdowns be necessary?  And if they were not, why would we need a way to get out of them?  It's blatant double-speak.  It shows he had a personal interest in money going to big pharma.  And then you seriously think there is no connection between supporting Tony Blair, the war criminal, and wanting to fund war in Ukraine?
That post belongs in area 51

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 04, 2023, 11:25:31 AM
No he said that the Government was the most low grade he had seen and didnt trust them with the vaccine rollout  and though he didnt like Blair he had some respect for him for getting things done
Nigel Farage endorses Tony Blair to be UK's vaccination Tsar (theneweuropean.co.uk)

Vaccines were the way out of the lockdown . Farage like many including myself are questioning the ongoing booster programme Were going way off topic here and dont see how thats got anything to do with Farage . Or are you saying he is some sort of flag waver for arming Ukraine ? Seems unlikely as he was one of few warning the EU to step back from eastern expansion , to not poke the russian bear .

I know very well what Farage said.  He lied.  He said Covid was the flu.  So then why would lockdowns be necessary?  And if they were not, why would we need a way to get out of them?  It's blatant double-speak.  It shows he had a personal interest in money going to big pharma.  And then you seriously think there is no connection between supporting Tony Blair, the war criminal, and wanting to fund war in Ukraine?

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2023, 11:10:51 AM
If Putin wins in Ukraine it will put all of Europe in jeopardy.
It's a joke, right?  Nice one.  😁

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on October 04, 2023, 10:43:50 AM
Sounds can be deceptive.  That was in Dec 2021, after mass rollout.  In January 2021 he said vaccines are the way out of lockdown.  He said Tony Blair was needed to help get everyone jabbed.  He obviously switched when he saw the resistance to it, to save face.
No he said that the Government was the most low grade he had seen and didnt trust them with the vaccine rollout  and though he didnt like Blair he had some respect for him for getting things done
 Nigel Farage endorses Tony Blair to be UK's vaccination Tsar (theneweuropean.co.uk)

Vaccines were the way out of the lockdown . Farage like many including myself are questioning the ongoing booster programme 
If you weigh up the benefits and costs of the arms industry, there has to be a net loss.  Wealth does not come just from work.  The work must provide something we need, unless you are selling something abroad.  Giving money and arms to Zelensky does not provide a net gain for us, it's a net cost.
Were going way off topic here and dont see how thats got anything to do with Farage . Or are you saying he is some sort of flag waver for arming Ukraine ? Seems unlikely as he was one of few warning the EU to step back from eastern expansion , to not poke the russian bear . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on October 04, 2023, 11:08:27 AM
Is that lucky 7?  😕  Are you saying the advice changed because your vulnerable status has changed?  What advice has changed?
My status has not changed. The six months between vaccinations has changed. (I phoned the NHS help line to check and the person on the phone had to consult with management.) I though I had to wait until December.

papasmurf

Giving money and arms to Zelensky does not provide a net gain for us, it's a net cost.
If Putin wins in Ukraine it will put all of Europe in jeopardy.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2023, 08:18:08 AM
Today I am having my 7th Covid vaccination, despite having the 6th one only back in May. I did question that but apparently  as one of the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable the advice has changed. (I had a text message on my ancient Nokia 3310 mobile phone from the NHS.)
There are "pop up" flu jab and Covid jab clinics all over the place locally, does the NHS know something the government is keeping quiet about?

Is that lucky 7?  😕  Are you saying the advice changed because your vulnerable status has changed?  What advice has changed?

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 04, 2023, 07:33:46 AM
Nigel Farage told to get coronavirus vaccine by top official | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Doesnt sound like that big a fan .

The arms industry is as far as I know is a benefit to the UK economy ,not sure where your going with that ?

Sounds can be deceptive.  That was in Dec 2021, after mass rollout.  In January 2021 he said vaccines are the way out of lockdown.  He said Tony Blair was needed to help get everyone jabbed.  He obviously switched when he saw the resistance to it, to save face.

If you weigh up the benefits and costs of the arms industry, there has to be a net loss.  Wealth does not come just from work.  The work must provide something we need, unless you are selling something abroad.  Giving money and arms to Zelensky does not provide a net gain for us, it's a net cost.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 04, 2023, 07:33:46 AM
Nigel Farage told to get coronavirus vaccine by top official | UK | News | Express.co.uk

The arms industry is as far as I know is a benefit to the UK economy ,not sure where your going with that ?
Today I am having my 7th Covid vaccination, despite having the 6th one only back in May. I did question that but apparently  as one of the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable the advice has changed. (I had a text message on my ancient Nokia 3310 mobile phone from the NHS.)
There are "pop up" flu jab and Covid jab clinics all over the place locally, does the NHS know something the government is keeping quiet about?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on October 03, 2023, 09:10:15 PM
 Farage serves big pharma and the arms industry.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on October 03, 2023, 09:10:15 PM
 Anyone remember Nigel Farage saying how Tony Blair commands respect
Farage is as big a slimy git as Blair.