Main Menu

Lost then found

Started by Streetwalker, September 21, 2023, 05:47:34 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on September 24, 2023, 10:38:10 AM
Missing objects usually turn up just after one's bought a replacement.
This is true . I had been looking for a spanner to my 4'' disc cutter for about 2 years before fed up with useing grips and a hammer to changed the blade forked out for a new spanner . 

When it came I thought I won't lose this one and will keep it in the sleeve thats inside the box , you know the one where you keep your lost spanner ???

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on September 24, 2023, 10:38:10 AM
I am thinking of having that printed on a T-shirt.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HDQQ

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 21, 2023, 05:47:34 PM
Going through some old books I had kept for the kids that they didnt want after years in the loft and Ive come across on old Post office savings book my parents opened for me to save my Christmas money in 1965

I thought that was well lost and on opening there it is Dec 29 1965  Fifteen shillings
It must have got pushed to the back of a drawer as the next entry ,I reckon Mum must have took it to the post office when we went funny money , reads
Interest 1965 -1970  on 15s =0 = 75p
Then again 1980 71-79  = TOTAL  75p  eh?

Always said that decimalisation was a fecking robbery  . How does 15s which was like a days money down pit in 1965 become 75p in 1980 ?  Jesus didn't anyone see that coming , I was just a kid and was relying on you old people to take care of it
Whats it going to worth today ? 75p apparently ,post office savings bank only pay interest on completed £ deposits at a quite generous 2.5% per month up to a maximum of £15 pa  . You can only take £10 a week out on demand  though your book gets confiscated if you ask for more than £3 ,who wrote this shite  James Callaghan ?

So what have you had turn up after years lost  and more importantly was it actually worth finding it ?  ::)
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Going through some old books I had kept for the kids that they didnt want after years in the loft and Ive come across on old Post office savings book my parents opened for me to save my Christmas money in 1965

I thought that was well lost and on opening there it is Dec 29 1965  Fifteen shillings 
It must have got pushed to the back of a drawer as the next entry ,I reckon Mum must have took it to the post office when we went funny money , reads 
Interest 1965 -1970  on 15s =0 = 75p
Then again 1980 71-79   = TOTAL  75p  eh?

Always said that decimalisation was a fecking robbery  . How does 15s which was like a days money down pit in 1965 become 75p in 1980 ?  Jesus didn't anyone see that coming , I was just a kid and was relying on you old people to take care of it 
Whats it going to worth today ? 75p apparently ,post office savings bank only pay interest on completed £ deposits at a quite generous 2.5% per month up to a maximum of £15 pa  . You can only take £10 a week out on demand  though your book gets confiscated if you ask for more than £3 ,who wrote this shite  James Callaghan ? 

So what have you had turn up after years lost  and more importantly was it actually worth finding it ?  ::)