It is tough at the bottom

Started by Borchester, September 28, 2023, 07:35:15 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

I charge £135 for a bowl of home-made potato and leek soup (with croutons) so I reckon my soup is the most expensive.

There is a £145 charge for looking at the menu, refundable if you buy the soup, so the actual cost of the soup is -£10.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2023, 07:41:59 PM
Only £12.50 that is cheap:-  The World's Most Extreme Soups - Campbell's Soup UK (campbellsoup.co.uk)

The most expensive soup available on a menu is served in London's upscale Mayfair neighbourhood. Guinness World Records certified that the £108 bowl of "Buddha Jumps Over the Wall soup" is the most expensive on any menu in the world. The ingredients for this soup are more than just expensive, they are rare and include:

• Abalone ( This is the meat of a sea snail. People harvesting it have to watch out for great white sharks)
  • Japanese flower mushroom (this is one of the highest grade Shiitake mushrooms available)
  • Sea cucumber
  • Dried scallops
  • Chicken
  • Huan ham (this ham comes only from the hind legs of certain pigs, takes months to prepare and can only be produced at certain times of year.)
  • Pork
  • Ginseng

Wow, looks as though my lad got a bargain :)

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 28, 2023, 07:35:15 PM
Just been speaking to my gardener, who was complaining that the Kensington bistro he frequents is now charging £12.50 for a bowl of soup.

"By heck lad,"I said."Were you not on the dole, claiming housing benefit and everything else that was going I don't know how you could survive. Thank God I am paying you in cash, which is of course tax free."

He sighed and agreed that times were hard :)
Only £12.50 that is cheap:-  The World's Most Extreme Soups - Campbell's Soup UK (campbellsoup.co.uk)

The most expensive soup available on a menu is served in London's upscale Mayfair neighbourhood. Guinness World Records certified that the £108 bowl of "Buddha Jumps Over the Wall soup" is the most expensive on any menu in the world. The ingredients for this soup are more than just expensive, they are rare and include:

• Abalone ( This is the meat of a sea snail. People harvesting it have to watch out for great white sharks)
  • Japanese flower mushroom (this is one of the highest grade Shiitake mushrooms available)
  • Sea cucumber
  • Dried scallops
  • Chicken
  • Huan ham (this ham comes only from the hind legs of certain pigs, takes months to prepare and can only be produced at certain times of year.)
  • Pork
  • Ginseng

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Just been speaking to my gardener, who was complaining that the Kensington bistro he frequents is now charging £12.50 for a bowl of soup.

"By heck lad,"I said."Were you not on the dole, claiming housing benefit and everything else that was going I don't know how you could survive. Thank God I am paying you in cash, which is of course tax free."

He sighed and agreed that times were hard :)
Algerie Francais !