It is the crack of dawn and theAGM is in an hour

Started by Borchester, October 01, 2023, 12:59:01 PM

« previous - next »

Red Rackham

Quote from: Borchester on October 01, 2023, 06:35:00 PM

It is an odd thing about the Yanks. Lovely people, but they don't seem to do anything without endless bureaucracy and calling in the lawyers :)

You're right. Was that your candy wrapper I tripped over - I'll see you in court. And with dashcams and CCTV we're going the same way. I'm glad I grew up in a time when children could be children. That probably doesn't make much sense, suffice to say I'm glad my time on this rock started in the 1950's, and I mean that sincerely.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on October 01, 2023, 01:10:18 PM
All associations are a pain in the arse, I remember when we lived in the states we had a home owners association, we had to ask permission to put a garden fence up. I even had to tell them what colour it was going to be.

It is an odd thing about the Yanks. Lovely people, but they don't seem to do anything without endless bureaucracy and calling in the lawyers :)

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 01, 2023, 01:25:49 PM
When my father had an allotment back in the late 1940s-1960s all that was involved was a "peppercorn" rent to the landowner. No committee involved.
My rent is only £140 for a double allotment which is not much of anything in return for the amount of food and fun we get from it. And the committee are useful for the various bits and bobs that need sorting out. Unfortunately, like most committees, the members are only there because no one else wants the job.

I told one of them to F off, which was ungallant, but I thought that I deserved a small treat :)

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 01, 2023, 12:59:01 PM
12.30 pm on a Sunday morning and I have to drag myself off to hear the dreary bastard on the allotment committee drone on about whatever bollocks turns them on. I could not give a sod about most of it but reckon that I should show my face.

I can't even catch up on my sleep because now that I am old and decrepit they put me in the front row.

Even so, I will creak off.

The things I do for a few pounds of apples and a spud or two
When my father had an allotment back in the late 1940s-1960s all that was involved was a "peppercorn" rent to the landowner. No committee involved.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on October 01, 2023, 12:59:01 PM
12.30 pm on a Sunday morning and I have to drag myself off to hear the dreary bastard on the allotment committee drone on about whatever bollocks turns them on. I could not give a sod about most of it but reckon that I should show my face.

I can't even catch up on my sleep because now that I am old and decrepit they put me in the front row.

All associations are a pain in the arse, I remember when we lived in the states we had a home owners association, we had to ask permission to put a garden fence up. I even had to tell them what colour it was going to be. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !