I need some advice on garden incinerators

Started by Borchester, October 03, 2023, 12:03:24 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 03, 2023, 10:26:29 AM
No they dont . Its the most anti social thing most 'normal' people do . Many a time I have been enjoying an evening drink in the garden  only to be choked and stunk out by some tosser lighting up a bonfire .
I have the same problem in the Barbecue season. Why they can't light a barbecue without making more smoke than a destroyer under attack from a battleship I do not know.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Red Rackham on October 03, 2023, 02:59:18 AM
"wondrous clouds of white smoke rolling across the allotment"...

... like mist on an autumn morning. LOL  get a grip Borchy, no one likes someone else's smoke.
No they dont . Its the most anti social thing most 'normal' people do . Many a time I have been enjoying an evening drink in the garden  only to be choked and stunk out by some tosser lighting up a bonfire . 

So to Borky's problem . I would have thought the allotment committee would be encouraging composting however good combustion can be achieved with a well designed chimney which draws smoke away from the point of combustion and achieves a better burn and cleaner smoke  . 
This would have to be a permanent structure so maybe design it to allow for cooking  and sell it to the committee as a bonus for the allotment ,meet ups ,weekly burn up ect . Just need someone to bring a few cold ones and you might even become popular !

Red Rackham

"wondrous clouds of white smoke rolling across the allotment"...

... like mist on an autumn morning. LOL  get a grip Borchy, no one likes someone else's smoke.

Red Rackham

Borchester

I want to build an incinerator that will burn damp garden waste.God knows nothing beats wondrous clouds of white smoke rolling across the allotment site and then onto the rest of North London, but the allotment committee is made up of sad bastards who are terrified of their own shadows and the local council, so that is a bit of a non runner.

I have an idea that I need some sort of air pump to make for better combustion, but am not really up on the details.

Any advice gratefully received
Algerie Francais !