Chancellor toughens rules on benefits as he announces Civil Service freeze

Started by SKY News, October 03, 2023, 10:12:32 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2023, 07:32:00 AM
Nick I am not lying untidy front gardens are not exclusively down to renters, plus why are you not responding to rogue landlords not carrying out essential maintenance not caused by tenants? It is your bias and prejudice you need to address. This is a debate forum you fail to understand that.
One of our tenants once complained about the couch grass in his/our front garden. I suggested RoundUp. No further complaints...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 07, 2023, 01:02:24 PM
To be fair, Pappy did buy his house with inherited money, so he is probably a self hating Tory and secret conservative voter.:)
More lies about me from you. I paid off the last few thousand of my mortgage with inherited money I did NOT but it with inherited money. I would NEVER vote Tory they are a disgusting political party as their latest conference proved. They are morphing from the nasty party into the Nazi party.
If anyone called me a tory to my face they would get seriously injured. I despise Tories.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2023, 12:04:37 PM
Home owners tend to be more respectful of their properties, and less likely to have an old couch in their garden. But as usual you stick up for the feckless layabouts that plague our country. I'm not surprised as your real world knowledge is zero.

To be fair, Pappy did buy his house with inherited money, so he is probably a self hating Tory and secret conservative voter.:)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2023, 07:32:00 AM
Nick I am not lying untidy front gardens are not exclusively down to renters, plus why are you not responding to rogue landlords not carrying out essential maintenance not caused by tenants? It is your bias and prejudice you need to address. This is a debate forum you fail to understand that.
Home owners tend to be more respectful of their properties, and less likely to have an old couch in their garden. But as usual you stick up for the feckless layabouts that plague our country. I'm not surprised as your real world knowledge is zero. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 06, 2023, 10:52:46 PM
You're lying, you switched to owners to try and win a point. If you persist in this facade your posts will be removed, I have enough to do without babysitting your posts 24/7.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 06, 2023, 04:08:25 PM
No, I am following a thread on tenants and objecting to to very nasty generalised comments about them. Rogue landlords, are part of the same issue.
You're lying, you switched to owners to try and win a point. If you persist in this facade your posts will be removed, I have enough to do without babysitting your posts 24/7. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 06, 2023, 03:23:20 PM
This is you following the thread on tenants is it? No it's not, it's you being a strawman, desist.
No, I am following a thread on tenants and objecting to to very nasty generalised comments about them. Rogue landlords, are part of the same issue.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2023, 04:59:21 AM
[highlight]Owner occupiers have no such obligation.[/highlight]  I repeat the problem with far too many substandard rental properties in the area I live in is not the tenants it is the lack of maintenance of the building by the owner. 
This is you following the thread on tenants is it? No it's not, it's you being a strawman, desist. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 06, 2023, 12:22:39 AM
Its a debate forum that expects posters to follow the thread, if you can't do that then bigger off.
I have been following thread and I am merely challenging your rash generalisations about council tenants/renters.  If I have the time, ( which I don't currently.) I will take some pictures of the front gardens of the  owner occupied houses on the estate behind my home. (One even has an old Jaguar car up on blocks with no  wheels.)
From time to time there are notices on things in those front gardens, free for anyone to take away. Because of that I have £400 worth of industrial racking in my new shed that cost me nothing, and a Samsonite suitcase, that only needed a set of keys which cost me less than £5.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2023, 05:09:08 PM
What are you on about. If you think your constant generalisations about benefit claimants and tenants will go unchallenged you are wrong. You seem to have forgotten this is a debate forum.
Its a debate forum that expects posters to follow the thread, if you can't do that then bigger off. 

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2023, 04:11:18 PM
So am I discussing rentals, you appear to be fixated on gardens, and accusing tenants of being 100% of the problem, when they are not. There are far to many bad landlords with property unfit for human habitation due to their own negligence, not the fault of the tenants.
Just a sample:-

Rise in tenant complaints against landlords in Devon and Cornwall - BBC News
It's amazing how many complaints about unanswered requests to landlords for repairs surface when action is taken against tenants for bad behaviour, damage, rent arrears, etc...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2023, 02:58:40 PM
The ones I refer to locally have been let go into rack and ruin by the owners not the fault of the tenants.
Private landlords are leaving the sector in droves. Luckily, we now let only to corporate clients and no longer have the problems often associated with individual tenants — especially those on benefits.

Preparing places to let, and maintenance, costs a lot. The additional restrictions and requirements now make it unprofitable for many landlords who'd thought to provide for their pension. So they're selling up with the result there's now a reducing number of private lets available...

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2023, 07:16:47 PM
But you have not been in several million peoples houses. I have seen similar basically because people are working excessive hours to make ends meet. But I don't extrapolate that as applying to several million people.
Those that are working don't appear to be the target of the latest proposals...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2023, 04:36:34 PM
So you knew we were discussing rentals but you chose to pervert the post, desist.
What are you on about. If you think your constant generalisations about benefit claimants and tenants will go unchallenged you are wrong. You seem to have forgotten this is a debate forum.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2023, 04:11:18 PM
So am I discussing rentals, you appear to be fixated on gardens, and accusing tenants of being 100% of the problem, when they are not. There are far to many bad landlords with property unfit for human habitation due to their own negligence, not the fault of the tenants.
Just a sample:-

Rise in tenant complaints against landlords in Devon and Cornwall - BBC News
So you knew we were discussing rentals but you chose to pervert the post, desist.