Chancellor toughens rules on benefits as he announces Civil Service freeze

Started by SKY News, October 03, 2023, 10:12:32 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2023, 10:03:44 PM
I have entered many peoples houses over the years, and unlike you I do not jump to conclusions, based on  appearances. Basing anything on appearances is very wrong.(That is how the police make serious cock-ups.) Facts are what is needed. Not conjecture and bias.
Appearances can be very deceptive.
You obviously haven't been been in council houses in the Manchester area. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2023, 07:57:15 PMhow the feck does working excessive hours equate to you seeing anything? You have never entered peoples houses as an engineer or similar and seen the squalor that they live in. I had to hold my breath on many occasions. It's pointless discussing it with you as you have not got any idea of how these people live.
I have entered many peoples houses over the years, and unlike you I do not jump to conclusions, based on  appearances. Basing anything on appearances is very wrong.(That is how the police make serious cock-ups.) Facts are what is needed. Not conjecture and bias.
Appearances can be very deceptive. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2023, 07:16:47 PM
But you have not been in several million peoples houses. I have seen similar basically because people are working excessive hours to make ends meet. But I don't extrapolate that as applying to several million people.
No you haven't seen, how the feck does working excessive hours equate to you seeing anything? You have never entered peoples houses as an engineer or similar and seen the squalor that they live in. I had to hold my breath on many occasions. It's pointless discussing it with you as you have not got any idea of how these people live. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 03, 2023, 07:27:57 PM
Yep , the Mrs organises the maintenence of the local council properties , they have an enviromental health  team that has to go in some places to clean them up before the trades will walk through the door .
What local council properties? The area where I live has not had any council houses for years a company took them over and runs them. (What few there were left after Thatcher's right to buy.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2023, 06:16:31 PM
People that haven't seen it won't accept it, 12 month old tots crawling around in squalor, with dog 💩 on the floor. It takes 3 seconds to make a judgement, and some of these people are putrid. Some see them as unfortunate, I see them as sewer rats.
Yep , the Mrs organises the maintenence of the local council properties , they have an enviromental health  team that has to go in some places to clean them up before the trades will walk through the door .

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2023, 06:16:31 PM
People that haven't seen it won't accept it, 12 month old tots crawling around in squalor, with dog 💩 on the floor. It takes 3 seconds to make a judgement, and some of these people are putrid. Some see them as unfortunate, I see them as sewer rats.
But you have not been in several million peoples houses. I have seen similar basically because people are working excessive hours to make ends meet. But I don't extrapolate that as applying to several million people.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 03, 2023, 05:59:34 PM
You dont have to accept it but when the evidence builds it becomes irrefutable . Ive found working round peoples houses is often a case of I wish I hadn't . You wouldn't believe the filth some people live in

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2023, 10:46:19 AM
Not interested in anecdotal evidence Nick, especially old anecdotal evidence.
You dont have to accept it but when the evidence builds it becomes irrefutable . Ive found working round peoples houses is often a case of I wish I hadn't . You wouldn't believe the filth some people live in 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2023, 11:11:16 AM
But as I knew, you can't produce any evidence to counter it.
Nick I already have but you did not read it. There is NO evidence to back your contentions and Jeremy Hunt's contentions up. It is the usual tory lies and propaganda when there is a general election looming.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2023, 10:46:19 AM
But as I knew, you can't produce any evidence to counter it.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2023, 10:44:28 AM
As I've said before, when I left the R.A.F I started a SKY TV franchise covering pretty much the whole of the NW of England. The amount of scumbags I came across that were not working, on benefits and living in shit was way higher than decent people. I've seen it with my own eyes, you have never visited thousands of peoples houses so have no clue how bad it is.

Why don't you give us the figures to show that we are wrong.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2023, 10:29:11 AM
I have NEVER stated that. But neither you or Jeremy Hunt can provide evidence for the numbers you and he think there is.
As I've said before, when I left the R.A.F I started a SKY TV franchise covering pretty much the whole of the NW of England. The amount of scumbags I came across that were not working, on benefits and living in shit was way higher than decent people. I've seen it with my own eyes, you have never visited thousands of peoples houses so have no clue how bad it is.

Why don't you give us the figures to show that we are wrong.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2023, 10:26:30 AM
Your inability to accept there are people that do not want to work is incredible, as I said, obviously pigs can't smell their own crap.
I have NEVER stated that. But neither you or Jeremy Hunt can provide evidence for the numbers you and he think there is.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2023, 10:23:13 AM
Hot air and bullshine from Jeremy Hunt as per usual. If a claimant does not rock up for a JobCentre Plus  interview or does not comply with the claimant commitment their benefit is stopped. Sanctions are already high.
Your inability to accept there are people that do not want to work is incredible, as I said, obviously pigs can't smell their own crap.

papasmurf

Quote from: SKY News  on October 03, 2023, 10:12:32 AM
Chancellor toughens rules on benefits as he announces Civil Service freeze

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt has reiterated the government's commitments to make benefits sanctions harsher  - while also committing to raising the national living wage above £11 an hour.

Source: Chancellor toughens rules on benefits as he announces Civil Service freeze
Hot air and bullshine from Jeremy Hunt as per usual. If a claimant does not rock up for a JobCentre Plus  interview or does not comply with the claimant commitment their benefit is stopped. Sanctions are already high.