Main Menu

poorer but happier

Started by Borchester, October 05, 2023, 08:22:45 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 06, 2023, 04:23:04 PM
I'll try to do better. ;D
Maybe even be poor and happy, but at this time there's little to be happy about. The world is going to hell in a handcart and free speech is being trampled on all over the place.
I'm actually rich, in the Harry Secombe sense, but a bit sad for the future. I'm pleased for Borky that he's cheerful, with one leg working, and all that.
I do have some good news. My blood pressure is perfect. Dancing
Kid duo shock audience with their rendition of 'You Raise Me Up' - YouTube
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: Nick on October 06, 2023, 03:26:16 PM
I don't wish to delete you Barry, was merely wondering why your posts were a bit sarky.
I'll try to do better. ;D
Maybe even be poor and happy, but at this time there's little to be happy about. The world is going to hell in a handcart and free speech is being trampled on all over the place.
I'm actually rich, in the Harry Secombe sense, but a bit sad for the future. I'm pleased for Borky that he's cheerful, with one leg working, and all that.
I do have some good news. My blood pressure is perfect. Dancing
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on October 06, 2023, 12:18:37 PM
You could always delete my account, Nick. Whatever makes you happy.
I don't wish to delete you Barry, was merely wondering why your posts were a bit sarky. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 06, 2023, 12:18:37 PM

Christ Barry, you are a glum little fucker lately. It would not be so bad were it not for the fact that you are clearly not at home at the other place.

Frame up and stop being a self pitying little loser. That is Pappy's job

Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Nick on October 06, 2023, 12:34:39 AM
Is this your equivalent of the transition from Sméagol to Gollum, you're definitely bitter and twisted about something. Popping in just to post snide remarks is hardly in keeping with your religious practices, that you seem to preach. It's not a good look. 👀
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on October 06, 2023, 12:34:39 AM
Is this your equivalent of the transition from Sméagol to Gollum, you're definitely bitter and twisted about something. Popping in just to post snide remarks is hardly in keeping with your religious practices, that you seem to preach. It's not a good look. 👀

Barry does seem to have the hump about something.

Anything you want to share Barry ? 
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2023, 10:17:26 PM
I think your tactic of putting the same post on more than one forum to test the response is interesting.
Is this your equivalent of the transition from Sméagol to Gollum, you're definitely bitter and twisted about something. Popping in just to post snide remarks is hardly in keeping with your religious practices, that you seem to preach. It's not a good look. 👀 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2023, 10:17:26 PM
I think your tactic of putting the same post on more than one forum to test the response is interesting.

The more responses the more there is to talk about which is why we are here.

Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on October 05, 2023, 08:22:45 PM
The way I see it, the number of pensioners is increasing all the time and to be honest, the state pension is crap and most private ones are not a lot better. So every day ever more cottontops  are waking up and afraid to get out of bed because their arses are out of their trousers.

On the other hand, they soon realise that it does not matter because for the first time in their lives they don't have to worry what the boss thinks. So there you are, poor but happy.

What do you guys think ?
Thought you'd found a cure for that affliction...:

Tobacco is easy enough to grow in the UK, but it is a sod to cure and only fit for cigars and pipes.:)

I have done it and smoked it, but only because my arse was out of my trousers at the time
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

The way I see it, the number of pensioners is increasing all the time and to be honest, the state pension is crap and most private ones are not a lot better. So every day ever more cottontops  are waking up and afraid to get out of bed because their arses are out of their trousers.

On the other hand, they soon realise that it does not matter because for the first time in their lives they don't have to worry what the boss thinks. So there you are, poor but happy.

What do you guys think ?
Algerie Francais !