Your ten point manifesto

Started by srb7677, October 17, 2023, 02:47:32 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on November 09, 2023, 06:27:54 PM
What a boring little snob you are.

The markets were (and still are ) awash with inflated cash and really want time to to calm down. No country goes broke by cutting taxes, so had Liz cut them bit by bit she would have gotten
away with it. But she didn't. She went at it baldheaded and ultimately the job ended up in the hands of Berkeley Hunt, Brussels favourite bumboy and if the UK is any better off no one has noticed
She was on a hiding to nothing, the public had no right to choose her was the cry.  My wife has informed me Nadine Dorries was on BBC R2 with JV today and had some very interesting predictions, most of them have come true up til now. Available on BBC sound's tomorrow I am told. I'm hoping it involves Boris joining The Reform / (leave) party and kicking some Remainers arse. There is definitely a hunger for a true anti-EU party 🥳. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 09, 2023, 05:00:43 PM
Not being aware of how "the markets" were so obviously likely to react to her childishly radical proposals for the UK, is a definite red card for the position of Prime minister and First Lord of the Treasury — even for 49 days!

She should have stayed cheesemongering...
The markets were ready to react to any little thing she did, no changes they would have turned on her indecision, slight changes would have said she was uncertain, and of course bold changes scare the crap out of them. All driven by the fact Sunak was the chosen one: except he wasn't. Well he going to preside over the biggest crash since Ben Hur was a taxi driver and the Dead Sea was still hospital, he deserves it. I've resigned my self to years of a Labour government, I just hope every Judas MP that stabbed Boris in the back lose their seat, I'll call that a victory. 

HallowedBrexit

My ten points:

- Rename the UK into the British Empire.
- Rebuild the Royal Navy to reach parity with the US navy. We need a strong navy to enforce our interests and project our power into foreign countries.
- Take back control of Ireland. If you cannot rule your own island, how could you rule an empire?
- Completely cut benefits for non-British-born.
- Put it into the constitution that we can never rejoin the EU.
- Offer letters of marque to our captains and sailors.
- Outlaw unions.
- The utter and complete destruction of the British "liberals", e.g. the Labour party.
- Do away with the Barnett formula.
- Outlaw any and all Fishing of foreigners in our waters.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on November 09, 2023, 05:00:43 PM
Not being aware of how "the markets" were so obviously likely to react to her childishly radical proposals for the UK, is a definite red card for the position of Prime minister and First Lord of the Treasury — even for 49 days!

What a boring little snob you are.

The markets were (and still are ) awash with inflated cash and really want time to to calm down. No country goes broke by cutting taxes, so had Liz cut them bit by bit she would have gotten
away with it. But she didn't. She went at it baldheaded and ultimately the job ended up in the hands of Berkeley Hunt, Brussels favourite bumboy and if the UK is any better off no one has noticed
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on November 09, 2023, 01:01:24 PM

I was.

She brought the changes in too quickly and the markets threw a strop, but if she had taken her time matters would have worked out.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on November 09, 2023, 12:50:55 PM
Can you provide a link for that information?

Having the lowest rate in the G7 was already not enough though it seems. Where you in favour of the Liz Truss economic plan?
What we have now is almost exactly what Liz Truss set out, she was hung out to dry and made to look incompetent which she wasn't. I'd have her back over Sunak any day, but I would have Boris back before any of them. 2 democratically elected PM's got outed by Europhiles because they didn't get the answer they wanted. The exact reason we left the EU: keep as,img until you get the answer you want. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/g20-leaders-endorse-global-minimum-corporate-tax-deal-2023-start-2021-10-30/#:~:text=ROME%2C%20Oct%2030%20(Reuters),rules%20in%20force%20in%202023.

Red Rackham

Quote from: Borchester on November 09, 2023, 01:01:24 PM

I was.

She brought the changes in too quickly and the markets threw a strop, but if she had taken her time matters would have worked out.
Absolutely agree, if she ran for the leadership again she would get my vote.

Borchester

Quote from: Nalaar on November 09, 2023, 12:50:55 PM

Having the lowest rate in the G7 was already not enough though it seems. Where you in favour of the Liz Truss economic plan?

I was.

Algerie Francais !

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2023, 12:46:20 PM
The G20 are preparing, if not already done, to have a global minimum of 15% Corporation tax. That's why I said 15%.

Don't believe everything you think.

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on November 09, 2023, 12:39:15 PM
My understanding is that the UK simultaneously had lowest Corporate Tax in the G7 and the lowest level Private Investment in the G7. 
The G20 are preparing, if not already done, to have a global minimum of 15% Corporation tax. That's why I said 15%. 

Nalaar

Quote from: Borchester on November 09, 2023, 12:05:08 PM

Corporation tax is 12.5% in Ireland, so 15% would help level the playing field. Maybe not as much as hoped, but no one ever refused to invest in a country because the taxes were too low.

My understanding is that the UK simultaneously had lowest Corporate Tax in the G7 and the lowest level Private Investment in the G7.  

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on November 09, 2023, 10:55:11 AM
Out of interest, why 15% and not 13% or 17%? Economic knowledge/expertise/case sudy etc?
Because it soon will be the lowest allowed by the G20. 

Borchester

Quote from: Nalaar on November 09, 2023, 10:55:11 AM
Out of interest, why 15% and not 13% or 17%? Economic knowledge/expertise/case sudy etc?

Corporation tax is 12.5% in Ireland, so 15% would help level the playing field. Maybe not as much as hoped, but no one ever refused to invest in a country because the taxes were too low.

Algerie Francais !

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2023, 10:16:57 PM
4) Corporation tax to be set at 15% to encourage investment.  

Nick

1) Benefits to be stopped for anyone not showing signs of actively looking for a job. Real activity, not just scamming the system and half heartedly looking.

2) Benefits to be paid in food vouchers, fags and booze unavailable to be purchased with vouchers.

3) 20% flat rate tax across the board.

4) Corporation tax to be set at 15% to encourage investment. 

5) Anyone entering a prison has full search done, including officers as that's how most drugs enter prisons.

6) VAT to be removed on food and heating fuel.

7) Insurance companies to be regulated more to stop them just randomly making up quotes.

8 ) Unions to be heavily controlled. For a start, every pay offer should be put to members, Unions should have no say what so ever, they're there to enact the will of the members.

9) Every commercial trawler should have a fisheries inspector onboard to monitor their actions, they are known for lying through their teeth about what they catch and put back. Scallop dredging and pair trawling to be banned.

10) Premium Bonds to have no limit.