Main Menu

Nigel was right

Started by Streetwalker, October 19, 2023, 06:58:15 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on November 16, 2023, 08:19:28 PM
I'm not in the money markets — though they concern me.

Have your politics affected your posts, or has your allotment shed developed a lean? Your text is set right, now...

Non pecunia olet

Text seems to have sorted itself out, as so much does when left in the care of time.

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on November 16, 2023, 04:10:40 PM
The Minister of Tourism, Hector Gomez and Senator Berthet, do not want German Euros in preference to British pounds or British pounds rather than Danish Krone. Like all good public servants, they want the fucking lot.
To be honest Pat, I am beginning to wonder if you really are the high flyer in the money markets that you have made yourself out to be
I'm not in the money markets — though they concern me.

Have your politics affected your posts, or has your allotment shed developed a lean? Your text is set right, now...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on November 15, 2023, 09:33:28 PM
Germans and Dutch, economic migrants, to Spain? What sauce are you one, because  I want some!!!

Why would any country — UK included — want long-stay residents who can't even speak the language and cling together like they don't want to belong...?

The Minister of Tourism, Hector Gomez and Senator Berthet, do not want German Euros in preference to British pounds or British pounds rather than Danish Krone. Like all good public servants, they want the fucking lot.
To be honest Pat, I am beginning to wonder if you really are the high flyer in the money markets that you have made yourself out to be

Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Germans and Dutch, economic migrants, to Spain? What sauce are you one, because  I want some!!!
You know very well the vast amount of long stay migrants to the UK are not German or Dutch .You mentioned EU nationals (and others) staying in the UK . I purposely broke your post up and replied accordingly to save your confusion , it seemed I failed on that score .
Why would any country — UK included — want long-stay residents who can't even speak the language and cling together like they don't want to belong...?

In our case we don't , the UK is not suggesting this is going to be a two way deal . France and  Spain ,especially Spain rely heavily on tourism and have seen sense with regard the 90 day rule .

On your other point of people clinging together and not belonging I guess that's just natural in way . Most if not all migrants worldwide look for people who are the same as themselves ,every city in the world has areas designated as a foreign ,Chinatown ,the Italian quarter ect .

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 15, 2023, 08:36:19 PM
Why should any EU country allow Brits to remain any longer than EU citizens (and other nationals) are allowed to stay in the UK?

The Dutch and Germans probably spend more in Spain than drunken British vomiting and shagging in those places specifically set up to cater for them...
I've spent much longer than 90 days in the EU, at the moment they have no way of stopping me as their EES is taking forever to implement, mainly as Spain and others don't want it. Not sure where you get your stats on Spanish tourism from? The Brits are 50% higher than the next lot. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 15, 2023, 09:17:07 PM
Because Brits are generally on extended holidays ,EU nationals are economic migrants . France and Spain see their tourism suffering so are obviously trying to do something about it Well obviously not enough or they wouldn't be pleading for us to stay longer A very small % of Brits abroad are Kids on the piss Posty , besides those people are not the ones that stay for more than a fortnight anyway .

The people the French/Spanish are asking to stay longer are those who probably own cheaper homes or rent but don't want residency .They still want or need to return to the UK for short periods but are currently made to stay in the UK for longer than they might like .
Germans and Dutch, economic migrants, to Spain? What sauce are you one, because  I want some!!!

Why would any country — UK included — want long-stay residents who can't even speak the language and cling together like they don't want to belong...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Why should any EU country allow Brits to remain any longer than EU citizens (and other nationals) are allowed to stay in the UK?
Because Brits are generally on extended holidays ,EU nationals are economic migrants . France and Spain see their tourism suffering so are obviously trying to do something about it 
The Dutch and Germans probably spend more in Spain 
Well obviously not enough or they wouldn't be pleading for us to stay longer 
than drunken British vomiting and shagging in those places specifically set up to cater for them...
A very small % of Brits abroad are Kids on the piss Posty , besides those people are not the ones that stay for more than a fortnight anyway .

The people the French/Spanish are asking to stay longer are those who probably own cheaper homes or rent but don't want residency .They still want or need to return to the UK for short periods but are currently made to stay in the UK for longer than they might like .

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 15, 2023, 06:06:52 PM
Heres another one , the Spanish need us !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12753187/visa-Brits-holiday-homes-Spain-France-post-Brexit-90-day-visit-limit-axed-economy.html

A few people I know have found a way round the 90 day rule and the Spanish are not exactly rounding people up and deporting them but clarity that you can stay in your foreign bolt hole for more than 90 days will be welcome
Why should any EU country allow Brits to remain any longer than EU citizens (and other nationals) are allowed to stay in the UK?

The Dutch and Germans probably spend more in Spain than drunken British vomiting and shagging in those places specifically set up to cater for them...

Streetwalker

Heres another one , the Spanish need us !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12753187/visa-Brits-holiday-homes-Spain-France-post-Brexit-90-day-visit-limit-axed-economy.html

A few people I know have found a way round the 90 day rule and the Spanish are not exactly rounding people up and deporting them but clarity that you can stay in your foreign bolt hole for more than 90 days will be welcome 

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on November 14, 2023, 01:06:59 PM
So what's so new or special about holding a joint military exercise?
Who is going to be running these exercises, the French or Italians? They couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery. The Germans that have it in their constitution never to go to war? It'll be the blind leading the blind, bring it on lol  
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on November 14, 2023, 01:06:59 PM
Nothing 

Only when Farage brought it up that the EU were intending to create joint forces under EU command he was called a fantasist by Cleggy  on live TV .

No big deal but it was a slow day without any posts , It came up in one of my news feeds , sharing is caring ;)

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on November 08, 2023, 01:53:00 PM
Nato's political and administrative HQ is located in Brussels...
Indeed and has been even before the EU moved in , but I think you new what I meant .

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on November 08, 2023, 04:07:03 PM

Goodbye

Don't let a Briton kick you in the arse on the way out
Why goodbye? I, like this forum's owner, can still voice opinions from overseas for you to object to...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on November 08, 2023, 03:00:04 PM
 yes, we have bought a property near to relatives in the 78 arrondissement.

Goodbye

Don't let a Briton kick you in the arse on the way out

Algerie Francais !