‘The way the BBC characterises Hamas is a distortion of the facts’ - Israeli President Herzog meets Rishi Sunak

Started by GBNews, October 20, 2023, 01:00:11 PM

« previous - next »

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2023, 02:45:05 PM
I'm not denying or agreeing with anything, I'm just pointing out you're hypocrisy. Reporting stuff that you have clearly heard from the left wing.
As I said in the other thread, your silence is very revealing. 

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 21, 2023, 02:06:51 PM
Are you denying that it is inherently RW? God man it was set up by a bunch of RW folk precisely to provide news from a RW perspective
I'm not denying or agreeing with anything, I'm just pointing out you're hypocrisy. Reporting stuff that you have clearly heard from the left wing. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2023, 01:30:43 PM
Because you're accusing a radio station of RW bias when you've never listened to it, how is that not hypocrisy?
Are you denying that it is inherently RW? God man it was set up by a bunch of RW folk precisely to provide news from a RW perspective

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 21, 2023, 01:24:35 PM
In what way is it hypocrisy? Are you denying there is an inherent RW bias at the heart of GB News? Is GB News giving equal space to the plight of the Palestinians? If you want, as far as possible, neutral & unbiased reports then, in this instance, you have to tune into Beeb News
Because you're accusing a radio station of RW bias when you've never listened to it, how is that not hypocrisy?

morayloon

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2023, 01:14:40 PM
That's coming from someone has just assumed that GBNews is biased. You've just done what you're accusing GBNews of doing, hypocrisy at its best.
In what way is it hypocrisy? Are you denying there is an inherent RW bias at the heart of GB News? Is GB News giving equal space to the plight of the Palestinians? If you want, as far as possible, neutral & unbiased reports then, in this instance, you have to tune into Beeb News

Nick

Quote from: morayloon on October 21, 2023, 01:04:32 PM
GB News? I expect their RW bias extends to unquestioning support for Israel? Have they a crew in Gaza to report on what is going on there?
We hear a lot about these rockets being fired by Hamas but there doesn't seem to be any damage done. I think that, if there was, the Israeli propaganda machine would have been all over it.
Better to get your news from a more balanced source!
That's coming from someone has just assumed that GBNews is biased. You've just done what you're accusing GBNews of doing, hypocrisy at its best. 

morayloon

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 21, 2023, 09:52:03 AM
As far as reporting goes Ive been very impressed with the young lad Charlie Peters who is doing an excellent job for GB news .

https://www.gbnews.com/news/world/charlie-peters-tel-aviv-alarm-raised
GB News? I expect their RW bias extends to unquestioning support for Israel? Have they a crew in Gaza to report on what is going on there? 
We hear a lot about these rockets being fired by Hamas but there doesn't seem to be any damage done. I think that, if there was, the Israeli propaganda machine would have been all over it.
Better to get your news from a more balanced source!

Streetwalker

morayloon

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 20, 2023, 05:25:01 PM
Israel now talking about banning the BBC .  Good idea , we should do the same
The BBC is reporting impartially from Gaza. All that crap about the Beeb not calling Hamas terrorists? Well, they haven't called the Israeli's terrorists either, and they've killed and maimed more Palestinians than Hamas killed and maimed Israelis on the 7th.
I am in no way condoning the action of Hamas on the 7th and accept that Israel had the right to retaliate, but their never ending bombing and missile strikes is way beyond 'proportionate'!
For Herzog to threaten to ban the BBC is a show of desperation. The Beeb are not going along with Israeli propaganda and the Israelis don't like it.
Just for balance: I watched a report from the West Bank last night (during the disturbances).  When the Palestinians realised which organisation the crew worked for they were told, in no uncertain terms, to get out!!!

patman post

Let Israel ban whatever it wants — it's not the UK's responsibility what other governments decree is good for their country.

Unfortunately for Herzog, no Israeli international broadcaster has the acceptance internationally of the BBC. The BBC's reporting has more influence because it's judged more credible as time has proved that it mostly gets things right.

If the terms the BBC uses don't align with other political views, tough. It's accurate content that counts more...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

GBNews

'The way the BBC characterises Hamas is a distortion of the facts' - Israeli President Herzog meets Rishi Sunak

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has met with Israeli President Isaac Herzog, after arriving in Tel Aviv for discussions concerning the war against terrorist group Hamas.

The pair discussed humanitarian aid for civilians in Gaza and the BBC's refusal to refer to Hamas as a terrorist group, with the Israeli President saying "'the way the BBC characterises Hamas is a distortion of the facts".

Click for latest

Source: 'The way the BBC characterises Hamas is a distortion of the facts' - Israeli President Herzog meets Rishi Sunak