Swedish vs UK nightclubs

Started by Baron von Lotsov, February 15, 2020, 01:05:21 AM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Last night I was doing some research into nightclubs. Youtube is great for this since you get videos of people's mobiles where you can now see exactly what goes on without queuing for two hours and explaining yourself to doormen before paying some thirty quid. We had to go by personal recommendations and guesswork in the past. It does in fact make me feel rather sorry for the kids these days though, because in looking around London, it isn't anything like it was 25 years ago, where the clubs were heaving and a good time was had by all. They look dull by comparison. Many are incredibly tacky too.

A couple things I notice is with the people. They do not make much effort to dress well now. They also look very fat and unhealthy. It's not just London, but up North in Manchester, where people went out they would make an effort to look cool, not arrive in their work gear, like workman's jeans. The women as well. Women of the past put a lot of effort into looking presentable. In Manchester they often made their own clothes. They were smart girls and fun to meet.

I've never been to Newcastle though, but I found this video of a comparative study between Swedish and Newcastle's night life. If a town near Newcastle ever wished to be 'twinned' with a town in Sweden I can foresee some issues.

I notice this is a bit dated, but even so.

<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>