Main Menu

JP

Started by Nick, November 05, 2023, 03:00:48 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on November 09, 2023, 04:06:24 PM
Whatever his opinions on anything else his opinions on knowledge and truth are incomprehensible.

https://youtu.be/2lO6WJ9rfs4?si=zusgfSTowYXJeULz
I am off to bed as it is 00:12 here in China, I will watch it tomorrow. Thanks for the link btw. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2023, 04:01:07 PM
Can you link to the discussion? I would guess it's on YouTube, I would interested to hear that as I think he is straight as an arrow.
Whatever his opinions on anything else his opinions on knowledge and truth are incomprehensible. 

https://youtu.be/2lO6WJ9rfs4?si=zusgfSTowYXJeULz
Don't believe everything you think.

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on November 09, 2023, 12:48:29 PM
I would caution against using the word 'truth' as it's not a word that Peterson approves of.

I once listened to a 2 hour discussion in which he couldn't adequately describe what he thinks the word truth means, however he believes that common parlance of the word truth is a neo-Marxist darwinian construction, that would be proven to be wrong if the truth claims result in the annihilation of our species.
Can you link to the discussion? I would guess it's on YouTube, I would interested to hear that as I think he is straight as an arrow. 

Nalaar

I would caution against using the word 'truth' as it's not a word that Peterson approves of. 

I once listened to a 2 hour discussion in which he couldn't adequately describe what he thinks the word truth means, however he believes that common parlance of the word truth is a neo-Marxist darwinian construction, that would be proven to be wrong if the truth claims result in the annihilation of our species. 
Don't believe everything you think.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on November 05, 2023, 03:00:48 PM
I like Jordan Peterson, I think he talks a lot of sense and truth, I bet the left don't.
Most Canadians do ;)

Nick

I like Jordan Peterson, I think he talks a lot of sense and truth, I bet the left don't.