Benefit claimants to be tracked at job fairs and interviews

Started by SKY News, November 19, 2023, 07:05:36 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on November 19, 2023, 08:10:19 AM
About time these career dolites where forced to do a days work. This would singly change our economy.
The problem you fail to see is the utter fucking stupidity of the DWP Gestapo

Sarah has been sanctioned three times for refusing to give up her TWO part time jobs in order to take a DWP/Jobcentre selected full time one

The problem being one of those was in Newport, IOW the second in Newport, Shropshire and the third was in Cardiff paying LESS than she gets from her current two jobs

Following written complaints to her MP who did F@@@ all and her welsh assembly twonk who clearly felt more vulnerable questions were raised and i now know from internal contacts in both departments that the T@@@ who sanctioned her no longer works for the DWP. She has been given a job with the MoJ dealing with funding the multitude of cheap hotels those arriving at dover on an RNLI ferry are transferred to

She has on two occasions been interviewed fir the T@@@'s job. The first was about six months ago when she was told an internal candidate had been appointed. The second was last month. Her competence based interview (done on video) where she  was asked what expertise she brought to the role was the stuff of legend.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on November 20, 2023, 11:59:26 AM
My objections are not that they don't work, it's the fact they get enough benefits to smoke, drink and have SKY tv. Another annoyance is that certain factions, namely the elusive Smurf, refuses to acknowledge that this type of pond life even exists, even when programs like Benefit Britain show them in the flesh.

As said, I have nothing against Pappy sitting on his arse, smoking, drinking and watching the telly, although there does not seem a lot worth watching on the latter. I have just seen Lawmen:Bass Reeves which was pretty good and Ridley Scott's Napoleon should be available by mid week, but other than that I can't see much worth watching on the box.

But other than that I am not bothered. As said before, the Layabout Army will always be with us and I am not bothered by their idleness, just their continual whinging
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on November 20, 2023, 11:40:21 AM
I agree with everybody.

Some folk won't whatever you do and it has been like that since Og sat in the cave eating someone else's share of the dinosaur he could not be bother to catch. It does not really bother me. I have usually found that an honest day's work means that it is ill paid and inefficient, and if a man sits down and thinks the matter through he can do the job better and in half the time.

So I have nothing against the Layabout Army as such. If they want to sit on their arses and do not much of anything I don't mind.I am pretty sure that what ever they cost in taxes I won't see back.

So my objection is not the cost or their refusal to get off their backsides, but the constant whining. Nothing is ever their fault and someone else should take their hand and lead them through life. At that point I am inclined to think, F@@@ 'em
My objections are not that they don't work, it's the fact they get enough benefits to smoke, drink and have SKY tv. Another annoyance is that certain factions, namely the elusive Smurf, refuses to acknowledge that this type of pond life even exists, even when programs like Benefit Britain show them in the flesh. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

I agree with everybody.

Some folk won't whatever you do and it has been like that since Og sat in the cave eating someone else's share of the dinosaur he could not be bother to catch. It does not really bother me. I have usually found that an honest day's work means that it is ill paid and inefficient, and if a man sits down and thinks the matter through he can do the job better and in half the time.

So I have nothing against the Layabout Army as such. If they want to sit on their arses and do not much of anything I don't mind.I am pretty sure that what ever they cost in taxes I won't see back.

So my objection is not the cost or their refusal to get off their backsides, but the constant whining. Nothing is ever their fault and someone else should take their hand and lead them through life. At that point I am inclined to think, F@@@ 'em
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 19, 2023, 09:57:38 PM
I tend to agree with the general point, but I'm not sure that the personnel employed to do the assessing of who's fit to work and who's playing the system are up to the job.

There's also the point that forcing people to take a job just because it's available may not be the making the best use of the talents available. This country still lags behind in productivity even though it's claimed the UK is ranked No3 when compared to China and the US in advanced technologies.

Perhaps greater emphasis could be placed fitting skills to work, and on training while unemployed.

I guess similar points could be made about assessing and training people in prison to make them useful once they're released...
The target demographic generally don't have any saleable skills, just getting them off their arses and into any job works for me. 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on November 19, 2023, 08:10:19 AM
About time these career dolites where forced to do a days work. This would singly change our economy.
I tend to agree with the general point, but I'm not sure that the personnel employed to do the assessing of who's fit to work and who's playing the system are up to the job.

There's also the point that forcing people to take a job just because it's available may not be the making the best use of the talents available. This country still lags behind in productivity even though it's claimed the UK is ranked No3 when compared to China and the US in advanced technologies.

Perhaps greater emphasis could be placed fitting skills to work, and on training while unemployed.

I guess similar points could be made about assessing and training people in prison to make them useful once they're released...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: SKY News  on November 19, 2023, 07:05:36 AM

The government has announced plans to remove benefits and step up monitoring of welfare recipients in an effort to bring more people into work.

Source: Benefit claimants to be tracked at job fairs and interviews

SKY News

The government has announced plans to remove benefits and step up monitoring of welfare recipients in an effort to bring more people into work.

Source: Benefit claimants to be tracked at job fairs and interviews