Brexit benefit.....

Started by BeElBeeBub, November 22, 2023, 02:34:34 PM

« previous - next »

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester on November 27, 2023, 02:19:30 PM
True.

The Germans are ok when it comes to cars and beer, but for anything else they do love their paper work. Years ago and pre Brexit I imported a few Karl May westerns. It would have been easier to sell Winchesters to the Apaches.
The paperwork (and costs) were all from the UK not Germans.

Not to say the Germans don't like paperwork but we British love to create paperwork and Brexit has added massively to that paperwork (which was my point) 

There used to be near zero paperwork for the type of transaction I did.  Ordering stuff from the EU was little harder than from the UK.  Now it's much harder and it is showing for consumers and businesses.  Choice is down, costs are up, delays are up. 

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on November 24, 2023, 08:11:12 PM
You misunderstand

I don't think paying £65 for a pair of safety boots is exorbitant - If i did I'd be buying the dewalts mentioned earlier for way less than that at Screwfix

The boots were £165 plus £15 shipping, so £180. 

Not exactly cheap but hopefully worth it for good work boots i wear all day every day.  Plus I hope they are harder wearing than the £150 Meindl walking boots I currently use, which are fantastic but not really cut out for construction.

What I think is exorbitant is paying £65 on top of £180 for no other reason than some idiots decided on the hardest possible interpretation of a narrow referendum result.
What make of boots, Armani? 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 24, 2023, 09:48:39 PM
You're wasting your time explaining. For some people — even 6' 3" RAF karate champion company bosses — what's perfectly clear to the rest of us, gets addled by the brains of EU-exit-at-any-cost indoctrinated Kipper footsoldiers....

PS: I'm not anti because I'm only 6' 1" judoka...
I do hope you have some achievements in your life soon, that chip is clearly weighing you down. 

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 27, 2023, 11:32:36 AM
Not offhand — but I can read a post and understand what it says...
So you didn't know, but it's a waste of time filling in the blanks and explaining. What a great philosophy that is. 

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on November 27, 2023, 11:49:09 AM
We've found buying anything online from Germany is nearly always a pain. Even renting and paying for holiday accommodation in Italy from a German company seemed to require all sorts of checks and verifications...

True.

The Germans are ok when it comes to cars and beer, but for anything else they do love their paper work. Years ago and pre Brexit I imported a few Karl May westerns. It would have been easier to sell Winchesters to the Apaches.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on November 22, 2023, 02:34:34 PM
...if you like paying more and waiting longer for for something.

Package worth about £170 from Germany ordered on 13th, shipped from supplier on 14th arrived in UK 16th.

Been stuck in customs and now deliver depot since and just got a bill for £62 for vat, customs duty and handling fees.

Before Brexit, it would probably have been delivered on the 17th or 18th and cost nothing extra.
We've found buying anything online from Germany is nearly always a pain. Even renting and paying for holiday accommodation in Italy from a German company seemed to require all sorts of checks and verifications...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on November 25, 2023, 02:29:59 PM
I suppose you knew the pricing of the boots Posty? Being a clairvoyant.
Not offhand — but I can read a post and understand what it says...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 24, 2023, 09:48:39 PM
You're wasting your time explaining. For some people — even 6' 3" RAF karate champion company bosses — what's perfectly clear to the rest of us, gets addled by the brains of EU-exit-at-any-cost indoctrinated Kipper footsoldiers....

I suppose you knew the pricing of the boots Posty? Being a clairvoyant. 

Barry

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on November 24, 2023, 08:04:39 PM
HMRC and Parcel Force
Excellent. More money for the economy and businesses.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on November 24, 2023, 08:11:12 PM
You misunderstand

I don't think paying £65 for a pair of safety boots is exorbitant - If i did I'd be buying the dewalts mentioned earlier for way less than that at Screwfix

Not exactly cheap but hopefully worth it for good work boots i wear all day every day.  Plus I hope they are harder wearing than the £150 Meindl walking boots I currently use, which are fantastic but not really cut out for construction.

What I think is exorbitant is paying £65 on top of £180 for no other reason than some idiots decided on the hardest possible interpretation of a narrow referendum result.
You're wasting your time explaining. For some people — even 6' 3" RAF karate champion company bosses — what's perfectly clear to the rest of us, gets addled by the brains of EU-exit-at-any-cost indoctrinated Kipper footsoldiers....

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on November 22, 2023, 08:50:57 PM
He isn't a friend, and as usual you show your class, or lack of, with comments like that. More and more countries are voting in parties right on centre, just happened in The Netherlands today. Le Pen ran it close a year or so ago, the whole EU ethos is falling apart as they reintroduce border controls.
and even Wilders has moderated his stance on leaving the EU.

The far right and nationalism is gaining power across europe (historically something that has not ended well) but even they aren't stupid enough to leave the EU....if nothing else it makes a convenient scapegoat for all their fuckups.  

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on November 23, 2023, 03:46:43 AM
You are obviously a cheep-skate if you think paying £65 for a pair of safety shoes is exorbitant, no wonder they didn't last and hurt your feet. Please regale us with what boots you had to buy from Germany as they are so fantastic, is this going to be another epic like Smurfs American Visa?
You misunderstand

What I think is exorbitant is paying £65 on top of £180 for no other reason than some idiots decided on the hardest possible interpretation of a narrow referendum result.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on November 23, 2023, 07:15:28 PM
Chunks of flesh or boredom, 🤔

Flesh grows back, but boredom is really dull
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on November 23, 2023, 05:47:32 PM
If I had protected myself I would have died of boredom
Chunks of flesh or boredom, 🤔